Screenshot showcase

19 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Did it! Now I just need to find some quiet time around the house to actually record the tour video. This is gonna be a LONG one too. I'm going to make a separate video for the quests just to save some time. I'm excited to share it with y'all!(obviously) 

PROJECT_.thumb.jpg.75ed9f7afb11e5ee262ba6d3a5d5de7c.jpg

owo whats this

image.thumb.png.66de906890283f53666118cd87d4a6d7.png

Had this issue where the Green World mod would overwrite coffee's speed effect in my fork of Desert Coffee. (I say fork but it's the official continuation of that mod)

What would happen is if coffee was consumed followed by a food item that gave the speed variant of well fed(like froggie bunwich) then suddenly coffee speed would be overwritten.

So I managed to fix it by making Desert Coffee detect Green World, and make it give the coffee buff in a different manner.

20190804204908_1.thumb.jpg.35df0ce187604dc3409b8d9ac1627b16.jpg

Via Green's buff system of course!

Yes I know, I misspelled CAFFEINATED, don't worry I fixed that typo before I released it to the workshop.

The coffee functions without Green World too, it just uses the old method for providing its buff it Green World isnt enabled, but when Green World is enabled it uses the buff mechanic instead as to work with Green World's other speed buffs.

Took me most my day to figure this out but that's the adventures of lua coding for you! >.<

On 8/7/2019 at 4:27 AM, disies said:

some screenshots from a world with a work in progress base. really appreciate the mod that adds the gorge cosmetics. they are lovely

20190802191051_1.thumb.jpg.47e2254de81022a66dc0fd7f5e313e3d.jpg20190802191155_1.thumb.jpg.1ba15de7cc1397f85f8d1f2719691df9.jpg

I LOVE the Gorge stuff.  It's so pretty.  Even without using the mod for the cosmetics, the second I got my iron fireplace I started using it everywhere.

mahnewfireplace.png.0d0bb79bf8d9b554060be99e87137b73.png

Commemorating the first time I built it in-game.  :)  And yes, that is a ridonkulously huge tree.  And this isn't even its final form full size!  I like this mod (and the pine tree one) because it allows trees to have more variety of heights, like a real forest.

...Notorious

cherryforestofsnow.png

6 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I LOVE the Gorge stuff.  It's so pretty.  Even without using the mod for the cosmetics, the second I got my iron fireplace I started using it everywhere.

mahnewfireplace.png.0d0bb79bf8d9b554060be99e87137b73.png

Commemorating the first time I built it in-game.  :)  And yes, that is a ridonkulously huge tree.  And this isn't even its final form full size!  I like this mod (and the pine tree one) because it allows trees to have more variety of heights, like a real forest.

...Notorious

This reminds me of my first base too. Bonus points since I actually took a screenshot of it way back in the day. (this is from early 2017)

image.thumb.png.f1ac345eb89d4c2746dcb783735e32f2.png

spoiler alert:

Spoiler

i died to winter

7 hours ago, Canis said:

This reminds me of my first base too. Bonus points since I actually took a screenshot of it way back in the day. (this is from early 2017)

image.thumb.png.f1ac345eb89d4c2746dcb783735e32f2.png

spoiler alert:

Hide contents

i died to winter

I don't have a picture of my FIRST base...that would've been, what, vanilla singleplayer, February or March 2016?  Of course the expansion packs were out by then, but I wanted to learn in order:  Get the basics of the game's structure/mechanics/controls down first, THEN the RoG changes, THEN Shipwrecked.  (Although to say I "learned" Shipwrecked is a bit of a stretch...)  And I still kinda think the "ware iz bas" types should learn this way too, because it's legit valuable and helped me a lot.  But, whaddya gonna do.  DS is eclipsed by its much more popular little sister.  (shrug)

I gots this though:

willowswinterfell.png.e05500de7f97f7f57d699974c13b75af.png

Comemmorating the first time I made it to/past Day 100.  :)  Look how much of a disorganised, redundant mess this is!  And you KNOW it's vanilla 'cos the lightning rod is only protecting the plants and nothing else.  Heh.  If I remember this run correctly, I think it's the one where I lived a wonderfully convenient distance from a bunch of tribal pigs--far enough away to not be casually attacked; close enough to lead hounds there all the time...which means that, amusingly, they're a good part of the reason WHY I made it to Day 100.

...but really, my bases STILL kinda look like this.  I plunk down things where they're convenient at the moment and then later on go "But I need the fling-o-matic to protect the central/living area, too!" and keep having my own firepit go out.  : P

Weirdly enough, I ALMOST made it all the way through winter on my first try.  Almost.  I died on the night of Day 35...to being in such a dense forest I couldn't place my campfire in time.  So after all that, it was the most basic, noobish of deaths that took me out: DARKNESS!

I only did this well after watching some of Sips' playthrough and what _not_ to do on Jacksepticeye's old one.  I knew that winter was a thing and it hurts you, not to go near red-butt beefalo ("Wilson's Bad Day"), but then "Why won't it turn green why won't it turn green" (HISSSSS) "GEEZUS CHRIST WHY CAN'T I PUT THS DOW--"

(dying noise)

You survived 34 days!  Enjoy your experience points.

: P

...Notorious

Archived