Happy Hallowed Nights

4 hours ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

image.png.ef2f9cd9b21a84ee64406b8ca234774c.png

My favourite is still train case and carpet bag but i just had to address how these two are literally the same skin but one has stickers on it.

I usually use the travelers trunk for items I need to take down to the cave base (or up to the surface base). People who play with me a lot know this, and started automatically stashing supplies there, even when they’ve never been on this particular map before. 

Chest skins are my favorite skins. It would be nice to get a Halloween one someday.

2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I usually use the travelers trunk for items I need to take down to the cave base (or up to the surface base). People who play with me a lot know this, and started automatically stashing supplies there, even when they’ve never been on this particular map before. 

Chest skins are my favorite skins. It would be nice to get a Halloween one someday.

Understandable, have a nice chest

2 hours ago, bugsmand said:

This is insane. There's no one in their right mind who's gonna buy these, are people just THIS greedy?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e5a196dc05f887d279a153a8ff0bbbcd.pngimage.png.d2848266d08b0ae45ac804eb2ddb0bbc.png

And there is 2 Wendy skins for almost the same price image.png.06b004e512ae80b990283cfb3bc7a33b.pngimage.png.bd64d44de7423d054912b8f46e492a94.pngimage.png.2783ec7c118b9a18a1247003df03d015.png

image.png

You underestimate how much people will waste money if they're either; in school and thus their parents are generating it for them, or, they have a job but have not bought any major things that require constant subsequent payments so they have lots of spare money lying around.

In Klei's defense, these are the only seasonal character skins they have ever released. All the previous character skins were permanent additions to the drop table, so perhaps Klei underestimated how overpopular these ones would become and thus how expensive they would be. But on the other hand, perhaps this is their way of generating more funds for themselves considering how much of a cut they are likely making everytime a 10-100$ skin changes hands for cash.

Either way, this is shortsighted to release such a popular cosmetic for only a brief period of time as an extremely rare drop in a market system where real cash is the currency. They might as well have not released the skins at all. Almost no body that actually wants them will have them by the end of the holiday. The only ones that will, will be the very few who got the one they wanted as a random drop; or the ones who can afford to spend stupid amounts of money on a cosmetic.

54 minutes ago, landromat said:

Don't understand why people buying it when it's available for everyone now

proberly think the price will go up after the haloween event is over

seen it happen in mmos with event items in player markets 

So, other than the candies, a couple minor set pieces, and random gift box skins, is there anything else added by the Hallowed Nights event? Any new monsters, new crafting recipes (other than the candy bag), or special things you can do during the event? Can you trick-or-treat at the pig houses, or summon the Great Pumpkin at a giant pumpkin patch, or anything like that?

6 hours ago, Shadowdragon said:

So, other than the candies, a couple minor set pieces, and random gift box skins, is there anything else added by the Hallowed Nights event? Any new monsters, new crafting recipes (other than the candy bag), or special things you can do during the event? Can you trick-or-treat at the pig houses, or summon the Great Pumpkin at a giant pumpkin patch, or anything like that?

No. Except for the costume skins being droppable, it’s exactly the same as last year. 

5 hours ago, Newax said:

First drop of the hallowed nights.

Thought you guys would like to know.

Nice catch! And I see that's not the only good skin you got... ;)

6 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Don't remind us how we don't get any good drops... It hurts.

These hallowed night are unhappy.

Let's wait till its end. I hope it'll be better... besides, the Forge can still bring some good stuff. Or at least less common drops.

8 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Let's wait till its end. I hope it'll be better... besides, the Forge can still bring some good stuff. Or at least less common drops.

Yeah man, I'm still surprised we are getting all those new skins for free, Christmass came early with klei. :)

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

Was there anything announced when it comes?...

It's an educated guess, Klei said 2nd week of November and they usually update on Thursdays. It's going to be Friday since GMT+8:00 is 15 hours ahead of PT (that's their time zone right?)

Just now, Spaartan said:

It's an educated guess, Klei said 2nd week of November and they usually update on Thursdays. It's going to be Friday since GMT+8:00 is 15 hours ahead of PT (that's their time zone right?)

Oh, I thought you might know something sure. Yes, I guess too that it'll come next week, and then most likely in the usualy update time.

I'm quite terrible at remembering timezone names,  so I cannot really help with that...

11 hours ago, Newax said:

First drop of the hallowed nights.

Thought you guys would like to know.

*snip*

First drop: long gloves
Second drop: a common shirt or something
Third drop: a pair of common gloves
Fourth drop: another pair of common gloves

/facepalm

Archived