Happy Hallowed Nights

Merms could use a bit of attention. They got much nicer houses in Shipwrecked and the Fishermerms are every castaway’s best friends, but they haven’t otherwise changed much from the base game. And they’re pretty cool, even if very crabby about their “lawns.”

The crowd of mandrakes drowning out the screams in Wendy's head...wow, THAT'S goth af.  : P  (And sounds like something she'd say.)

So far no luck, and I have no idea how many drops I even have left (if any)--last night I got a pink skirt.  Heh.  Although, it's a colour I didn't have before, so it'll add to the outfits I can make.  So it's not all bad.  (Although since I was playing as Winona in that world and she doesn't quite look right in dresses to me, it'll have to wait for a different character.)  The only elegant I've ever had naturally drop is my Bumble Spear, which is awesome, but I'm not actually EXPECTING anything.  It'd be awesome to get a Hallowed Nights costume, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

And oooh, the new trinkets/candies!  I love the toy radio.  I used it to decorate my camp.  And then a mole ate it. (!)  Winona's reaction to the candy lice (MEAL LICE!) cracked me up--I forget the exact words, but it's something like "Hey, watch me eat this!"  I just pictured her suddenly like a bratty brother eating/pretending to eat a worm just to gross out his sister.  Just to see them go "EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!"  I think we just saw a peek into her and Charlie's childhood.  XD

(Also I think the "they" in Maxwell's scary story is meant to be gender-neutral--so it could be ANY kid.  But it could be a reference to Them as well, I guess.)

I WANT THAT BATBIRDCAGE.  And ooh!  oooh!  (raises hand)  I have the best idea for another Hallowed Nights-themed pet skin:  A BLACK KITTYKIT!!  Seriously how has that not been done yet? Ohmygod, SO PERFECT.  I would have a hard time picking between that and snowcat if that existed, lemme tell ya.  Also, I remember--last year the pets first came out while Hallowed Nights was still going on, so pet + Halloween kinda already goes together in this game. I have a screenshot somewhere around here of Willow with my very first pet ever (a kitty, of course) and she's still wearing her Dragonfly costume (and I never have events going on other than the default times in my world settings, so...)  That world was mostly explored by then so there wasn't much place LEFT to stick the pet lair into.  I remember a long journey that started in fall, ended in winter, and skirted right past the Dragonfly both coming and going.  My first DST pet's first meal was cooked cactus.  XD  Also how 'bout a hellhound-lookin' vargling or something...?

Anyway YAY HALLOWEEN!  Also Happy Day of the Dead, which is ANOTHER holiday that rather fits Don't Starve.  Bwahaha.

...Notorious

Did you draw that right now, or already make it earlier? Sorry if the latter, I keep forgetting to even check the off-topic/art parts of the forum. If the former...GAWD DANG you're fast!  : P  Even that scribbly picture where my character is yelling at Wendy to eat the cactus (what is it with me and cactus) took me longer to draw than that! 

Spoiler

eatthecactus.png.f588f6f9bc0518c11ae5c71fb1eb3e79.png

Anyway, a fluffy black cat arching up its back and hissing, all poofed out, when a monster comes by would make my day.  Especially if it also happened in autumn, near the Pig King's pumpkin patch.  :D

...Notorious

14 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

How is this not a thing already? Klei, tf is wrong with you?! XD

Oh, thanks for highlighting it, I couldn't take the time to read through the whole post...

Seriously, I join to CaptainChaotica, this would be the best pet in game! If something, this should be done, it'd be so amazing!

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, either way it's adorable.  (And seriously--BLACK CAT + DON'T STARVE = WIN)

Klei please. I need something to drag down my poor luck even further. If I break through rock bottom maybe some good luck is waiting.

Archived