Ipsquiggle

Oxygen Not Included - Outbreak Upgrade Available Now!

NightWonder7    3,722

Marvelous! Awesome! Amazing! OwO This update's gonna be interesting ^w^ My colony is so gonna die ;u; The funny thing is that I had microbiology at school today XD

Absolutely LOVE the animated short!! : D So cute and funny, and it really made me smile! 0U0

Edited by NightWonder7
  • Like 2

Segato    2

Thanks for this new content, cant wait to explore for the new Ruins. Do somebody know if Devs are going to remove Void ?

Justme111    73

Nice work Klei! But I have a few questions...

1. Will we see more adventures of the Legendary blue hair dupe?

2.Will there be a overall story line like don't starve, and if so will it have to do with the new ruins you added in ONI?

3.Will there be Any References in any of your games. Possibly from a game you gave financial support to. (Night in the woods *Wink Wink*)

4. Will there be more dupe customizations like hats?

5. Will there be a slight chance of it coming to Ps4 and or Xbox one?

Lastly I would kinda like a response from you guys because I love your work and your amazing Art style.

Also this is the first thing ive ever said on the forums!

• Like 3

minespatch    46,999

image.png.caaa2b6bbcac119b498d322504ac25dc.png

Moral of the story.

Poor guy never stood a chance to the dangers of ignorance. :wilson_ecstatic:

5 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Say hello to Ari,

How'd did my 1/3 me get into the game?:wilson_shocked:

5 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Asteroid Ruins

a.k.a. lore.

I'd like to add to Justme's question: Will we get those awesome goggles or are they too OP?

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

FloomRide    437

"Deodorizers and Carbon Skimmers use less Sand"

I assume by "Carbon Skimmers", he meant Air Scrubbers. Since when do they use sand at all?

Risu    426
19 minutes ago, FloomRide said:

"Deodorizers and Carbon Skimmers use less Sand"

I assume by "Carbon Skimmers", he meant Air Scrubbers. Since when do they use sand at all?

"Carbon Skimmer" uses water as a "filter", not sand. Probably should've worded that one better.

• Like 1

vonVile    142

The main character in the short needs to be a Dupe in the game with the googles on and have him freak out because he has the germophobe trait, which also makes him a clean freak forcing the Dupe to prioritize Disinfect job over everything else.

Edited by vonVile
  • Like 1

Riph    7

I appreciate all these changes, but this one may be the most significant.

• Duplicants now support job swapping for certain jobs. If a Dupe finishes their current job and they are closer to a Deconstruct/Dig/Construct/Harvest job than the currently assigned dupe, they will steal the job from that Dupe.

This solves the #1 problem of these colony management games, which is people getting pulled across the map to mine one little tile hours after the closer dupes have finished everything else.

Huge shoutout to whoever identified this problem and invented a fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cattrina    7

Hi I was wondering if the old incapacitated feature has been discontinued? As my duplicants die without crying. Also the med beds do not sustain the duplicants anymore, foodwise?

Unfortunately I have to say that I'm not the greatest fan of the changes. So many good ideas they've implemented, such as shine bugs, liquid cooler (yay!), random ruins and even the new farming behavior isn't bad at all. But then, a clever Klei developer had the brilliant idea (while sitting on the toilet, at least I assume this had to be the case) to implement something nobody actually needs, filthy nasty germs! Okay I admit at some point the game was a bit too easy regarding the really low impact of certain diseases and yup, to care about stuff like food poisoning or catching a cold is absolutely legit. But to have things like "slimelung" in a world where nearly 90% of the environment consists of slime (okay maybe less but that's not the point) paired with a really strange auto-disinfect-behavior made the whole micromanagement a bit overwhelming.

Dunno y but imho not as funny as it was intended xD

MidrealmDM    93

Just wanted to say Kudos on the Outbreak update, I for one enjoy the update. I found it an interesting new challenge to overcome.

On 8/30/2017 at 0:33 PM, Chris_Hoefler said:

But to have things like "slimelung" in a world where nearly 90% of the environment consists of slime (okay maybe less but that's not the point) paired with a really strange auto-disinfect-behavior made the whole micromanagement a bit overwhelming.

I agree the auto-disinfect seemed broken, so I turned it off, it was easier to manage manually.

Edited by MidrealmDM