What skins did you get this thursday?

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, I don't even pay attention anymore. It's all just commons and occasionally a classy. And maybe a spiffy every couple of months if you're lucky.

I think the drop rates need adjusted a bit, or at the very least we need a few more interesting items for the bottom two tiers. I'm tired of getting garbage almost all the time.

I agree. I get trash every single week.. I've never gotten any face, birdcage, firepit, chest, backpack skins. Being a console players, we can't have the firepit and birdcage for owning Dont Starve DLCs :( .

This week same trash: blue hand covers,common pants and an yellow tshirt. The only "fancy" clothing i have is Silk Robe which I got twice for trading common stuff... i don't even wear silk robe, the worst trades ever. 

cmon, guys, i got several neat items there (not this week, though, over the time), like triumphant wilson and 2 shadow suits, some duplicates of backpacks (got 3 blues and 1 camo atm, sold a pair of others) or other spiffy items, dropped elegant dragonpet and leggybird backpack as well

as for this week, of course it was skirt and t-shirt

confession time: i rarely get pleated shirts

The drop rates are perfectly fine as they make people buy skins from the market. This healthy and absolutely amazing way for developers to make some side money and everybody getting their favorite skins for their favorite characters should always exists. Especially for Klei.

3 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

The drop rates are perfectly fine as they make people buy skins from the market. This healthy and absolutely amazing way for developers to make some side money and everybody getting their favorite skins for their favorite characters should always exists. Especially for Klei.

That would be fine if the game wasn't cross-platform so unless you do PC you don't get that pennies to save up for what you actually want.
Even then its still not fine Having anyskin from a collection from one dollar.to 5 dollars to ten dollars. And thats just for one piece and these are just cosmetics. Sure I'm glad they can make money even if I lie to myself that it's just for server upkeep and paychecks. But you can make money still and have the skins still be expensive though the way it is now it is dum really dum. If they fixed the trade inn it would make a since to actually use it instead of it being like a recycling plant where you shove 15 pounds of alumanium and get Two dollars I FEEL SPECIAL. LOOK MAH i GOT TWO DOLLARS AND IT ONLY TOOK 3 WEEKS WEEEEEEEEEEE!

see my point?

@Donke60 I was 100% sarcastic. Ever since the skin system came out I've been considering it the worst thing that has ever came out of the Klei offices. Screw paying for cosmetics and screw any system that involves luck to get them. I don't care if skins are just cosmetic, they are content that are missing from a game and that I cannot have access to without paying money to other users. And don't tell me it's fair, because I've been waiting almost 2 years to get a wilson goh elegant drop and I never did, and it bothers me cause I know it looks awesome but I cannot get it cause bad luck. Screw the skin system as it is, it's one of the reason why I didn't buy Oxygen Not Included and never will.

@Donke60 I was 100% sarcastic

Oh hard to tell with text sometimes well glad were on the same page.

Oxygen Not Included and never will.

That doesn't have skins and don't see why they would put cosmetics in because its not a mutiplier interactive game

22 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

That doesn't have skins and don't see why they would put cosmetics in because its not a mutiplier interactive game

It's because the game is made by Klei, and my disappointment for the skin system goes on for Klei as a whole and all their games. 

I really like the skin system.  I think it's a bit naive to consider skins "missing content" considering many of these were added after the game launched...  So it really comes down to - did you enjoy the recent Metheus puzzle?  Did you enjoy the event skins?  Did you enjoy new skins?

BAM - system working as intended. 

26 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

It's because the game is made by Klei, and my disappointment for the skin system goes on for Klei as a whole and all their games. 

So you won't play another game made by them because another one of their games has a flawed skin system? That's like saying you won't go to a store to buy apples because their oranges were overpriced.

EDIT: On-topic: a  yellow Collared shirt, but that was last week. I don't play that much DST lately. My best drop recently was a gray buckled backpack.

15 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

So you won't play another game made by them because another one of their games has a flawed skin system? That's like saying you won't go to a store to buy apples because their oranges were overpriced.

Exactly this, it's as simple as that! Do a thing that has stained your reputation and say goodbye to any future buys as far as I'm concerned. It's my way of sanctioning the authors/owners/ or developers in this case. Do we need to wonder why all these paid microtransaction systems have taken such a big part in so many games nowadays? It's because people put up with it and it became the norm.

Thank God for for a few other developers that are keeping things sane and fair, as they used to, and just deliver a game with entire content in it obtainable fair and square inside the game. *I'm looking at you, Re-Logic

This week I got so far 2 skins, a common purple tshirt and a pair of tuxedo gloves. Now if only I could wear 5 tuxedo gloves on top of each other...

Wow salty much?  Few things - 1 micro transactions are good.  It allows games to have a lower selling point, with an investment option for devoted fans of the game.  So long as all of the game content is available to everyone who bought the base game there is 0 requirement / obligation to buy anything further I don't see anything unfair about it...  Guess what - There is nothing you need to buy to play any part of DST.

2) Klei actually gives the skins away for free to players.  You can win most any skin without buying it just by playing the game and getting lucky.  The people who got lucky are the ones selling it in the market.  Klei gets a small percentage of that, but they don't set the prices.  These aren't DLC items but random give-away items that other players can sell.

If Klei's "evil plan" is that players can sell their luck to other less-lucky players by a market-agreed-upon price, then I'd have to say that is the most fair devil I've ever heard of.  Much better than DLC Skin that are buy only, non-transferable, and profit the company 100%  I WISH I could market-sell my league of legend skins haha.

4 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Klei gets a small percentage of that, but they don't set the prices.

I was not aware of that and I'm honest when I say that I'm kind of glad, because I was thinking that their income mostly comes from game sells (which is probably the case). They are giving us free content and I love their work and those skins are just optional. Sure it is frustrating to want something and don't get it but such is life. Anyway, you go Klei, throw more free skins at us that most players won't get. I love them.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

I think it's a bit naive to consider skins "missing content" considering many of these were added after the game launched...

What does that have to do with anything? I'm really confused by this. Are you saying that it could only be considered "missing content" if it existed before the game's launch? Even if it was the exact same system? Because that wouldn't make much sense.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

Did you enjoy new skins?

Yes. I enjoy the new skins that I'm likely never going to get unless I go buy them. /sarcasim

I'm fine with the market, but I have an issue with the drop rates of skins. The drop rates are so freaking bad that you pretty much have to use the market just to get what you want. You need a crazy amount of luck just to get anything of spiffy tier or better. And you need even more just to get something you'll actually use.

Although I guess the drop rates would probably be fine if the trade inn was better. 9 skins for 1 of the next tier up is kinda bad when you're limited to just 4 skins per week.

Archived