[Game Update] - 214001

• Developer
  • Vote window will now show the name of the player that initiated the vote request.
  • Votes can only be initiated by Players who have survived a minimum of 20 days, or the oldest Player if nobody meets that requirement.
  • Vote kicks will still be carried out even if the target client is no longer online by the end of the vote.
  • Bone armor will now shield against Earthquake and Cave-in debris.
  • Updated /yawn and /sleepy emote animations for mounted Players.
  • Mounted Players will now also bow to the Bee Queen Crown.
  • One-man Band no longer lowers dapperness for your own pets.
  • Willow is now less prone to dropping below freezing temperature from her insanity chills.
  • Tumbleweeds and Crumpled Packages will no longer drop Unknown Blueprints.
  • Fixed bug where Wee MacTusk did not drop loot.
  • Fixed bug where Sand Spikes and Sand Castles can be burnt repeatedly.
  • Fixed bug where the Bug Net could sometimes catch dead bugs.
  • Fixed bug where Lucy did not remember the possessed Axe’s original durability after shutting down and resuming a world.
  • Fixed bug where Players are sometimes listed as choosing their character when they are entering or exiting the Caves.
  • Fixed death announcement when a Player is electrocuted by a charged Volt Goat.

View full update

• Like 64

2 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Vote window will now show the name of the player that initiated the vote request.
  • Votes can only be initiated by Players who have survived a minimum of 20 days, or the oldest Player if nobody meets that requirement.
  • Vote kicks will still be carried out even if the target client is no longer online by the end of the vote.

Wait...

Wait...

votes were actually improved?

Thank goodness, I was trying to avoid public servers recently to avoid all the vote abusers. 

• Like 24

5 minutes ago, V2C said:
  •  

5 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Willow is now less prone to dropping below freezing temperature from her insanity chills.
  •  

This is by far the best update ever.

• Like 26

8 minutes ago, V2C said:

Ladies and gentleman, tonight we celebrate!!

• Like 8

I don't play on Klei servers or play as Willow, but I'm still sooooo happy about this update! It feels great when you know the developer listens to the community. ♥

Not that Klei was ever a bad dev, I just read about Black Desert again, remembered how angry that game made me and I really needed this to spark my faith in developers/publishers back to life lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Thank you so very much for this!

• Like 1

WOOT!  Having played Willow the Nerfed all of...once and then never again, I cannot thank you enough for the insanity-chill fix.  (Although, I actually just gave up on that entirely and got a mod to play as oldschool Willow* a long time ago, but hey.)  Not being able to make a fire to stop myself freezing to death because of the Crawling Horrors on my butt is _not_ fun.  Later on that same night (at a different server) I saw a poor Willow cuddling right up next to a big o'l fire and STILL shivering. 

It was about _then_ I realised just how badly this needed to be...reevaluated, shall we say.  So, thanks, Klei. FINALLY!  (Although, I'm keeping the mod.  Willow  just isn't Willow if she can't LAUGH her way through a gigantic forest fire. ;))

And, yeah, the vote-kick stuff.  I haven't played on a Klei server in a while--in my case mainly because of lag--but it's good to know that for a while, at least, it'll be harder for idiots to kick players and restart worlds just for funsies.  And remember, people:  It's not necessarily _public_ servers that are bad.

It's UNMODERATED servers.

This has been a PSA from your friendly public-server admin.

...Notorious

*And does this cause problems?  YES it does...when _other_ people join as Willow, not knowing the difference.  I'm used to it from singleplayer, however, and Together has the wonderfulness that is smouldering.  So if she starts an insanity-fire because of ME, I'm usually able to put it out by hand/flingo it in time.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Took long enough. No idea why you guys waited so long, but I'm happy the voting system is finally less prone to abuse. I might actually go visit a Klei server now and hang out a bit.

We have been talking about making changes for a long long time - However, there is only so much time to develop things. ANR took a significant amount of effort and the moment that it was "out the door" so to speak, these changes were being made.

The thing is, like always; we try not to say anything about something until it's ready and we know for sure it's going to happen as we think it will. This was the team's highest priority post ANR, so now It's ready! =)

• Like 44

19 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We have been talking about making changes for a long long time - However, there is only so much time to develop things. ANR took a significant amount of effort and the moment that it was "out the door" so to speak, these changes were being made.

The thing is, like always; we try not to say anything about something until it's ready and we know for sure it's going to happen as we think it will. This was the team's highest priority post ANR, so now It's ready! =)

ROsE CoLLECTIOn NeXT?

• Like 7