[Game Update] - Against the Grain (BETA 205256)

43 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Maybe not start the world in the beta version... In three weeks time the same thing will happen. 

so your sollution then is to stop playing and go play another survival game like arc survival? That makes great marketing sense on kleis side? Lets hinder players from becomming fully invested in playing untill the full game is out and lose them to competitors games like ark survival.

im sorry im starting to sound whiny now. I just hate it when i have a legitimant complaint and people tell me that i have nothing to complain about. Its just frustrating soending so much time in something only to basically be told it was all for nothing essentially. 

Edited by Spyro1
  • Like 2

I will report back confirming that fashion goggles blueprint is fished out of the pond. I cant be bothered testing any further its taken me half a summer just to get that blueprint, the lazy deserter and potted succulent. Still no desert goggles if that is how you get them.

1 hour ago, SuperDavid said:

we don't have the right to complain

Hmm... strange, it's not like I bought this game in order to play it, also because it's free doesn't mean it can't be bad.

Expected a bit more but luckly it's not another raid boss, still no reason to play with  summer on though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Erec said:

because it's free doesn't mean it can't be bad.

Yeah and you have the right to be disappointed, and express it, and you have the right to tell what (for you) isn't great.

I'm not sure i agree with "because it's free you don't have right to complain". But i think complain is something we should be cautious with.

Here, complaining about missing part of the content is understandable. But i wish people could also understand why this content isn't here, when Klei manage to make a lot of content available without recreating a world. I mean : if they did this before and don't do this here, we can trust them, they proved that if it's possible to add it, they do this, and so it's not possible here.

And of course, it's frustrating (when you can't/don't want create a new world) not having a new content, and people have the right to express this, but i don't think it's useful to blame klei, because they did what they can already, it's not like they didn't make efforts for us.

• Like 3

The Antlion looks great Klei and I like the changes for summer, I waited for changes since DS ROG and you heard my prayers, you did a great job.

THANK YOU.

P.S.

Will the Antlion be attackable like the Quacken or other Bosses or will it remain as a Pig King type of creature?

Edited by HeilerderWelten
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Here, complaining about missing part of the content is understandable. But i wish people could also understand why this content isn't here, when Klei manage to make a lot of content available without recreating a world. I mean : if they did this before and don't do this here, we can trust them, they proved that if it's possible to add it, they do this, and so it's not possible here.

And of course, it's frustrating (when you can't/don't want create a new world) not having a new content, and people have the right to express this, but i don't think it's useful to blame klei, because they did what they can already, it's not like they didn't make efforts for us.

I wasn't referring to this part and I don't care about it because it's BETA (I don't play with beta on), I was refering to the part where he says that we can't complain about things because it's given to us for free.

Edited by Erec

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

weeks time the same thing will happen.

15 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Yeah and you have the right to be disappointed, and express it, and you have the right to tell what (for you) isn't great.

I'm not sure i agree with "because it's free you don't have right to complain". But i think complain is something we should be cautious with.

I understand what you saying but as a console player it really is frustrating. The PC version already gets so much more love than the console version that at times i really do feel as if the console versions are just a means by which they extend their funding. There are so many things that the console version lacks and many of which coudl be very easily fixed/changed. I have made severall suggestions in the ps4 section but guess other things are more important. 

Anyway i really dont want to sound like i hate klei. Dont starve is an awesome game and the devs for the most part are very committed to communicating with players on the forums. But i really would like to see more console support as we do pay full price for the game so i believe under those circumstances we are entitled to equal focus/attention. 

And i am not saying that they are lazy or something for not adding against the grain to existing worlds however i am certain it is possible. Not saying it is easy but i am 100000% sure it is possible. 

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

He's been working on this song for two days.:wilson_ecstatic:

This is dedication!!!

8 hours ago, Eternity7 said:

In the summer, there are some succulent grows near the lake.

You can go fishing in the lake to get some Crumbled Package. Open it to get a blueprint (Water Potted Succulent Blueprint, Unknown Blue..) , trinkets. I still doesn't find anything news yet.

20170203113654_1.jpg

20170203113743_1.jpg

Nice, nice. Can we get the prefabs for all the new content please? Also, will regenerating the world trigger the new biome automatically?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spyro1 said:

The PC version already gets so much more love than the console version that at times i really do feel as if the console versions are just a means by which they extend their funding.

Yeah that is why PC has local co-op which was a very desired and asked for feature and the PS4 doesn't. Oh wait.

• Like 3

You can absolutely go on playing the game while the beta is evolving, but the whole point of a beta is that it's a work in process. So you might want to hold off in investing a lot in a particular map until it's done. I understand that this is frustrating for you, but this is what a beta is about. You can't expect anything particular about it to last. It's an experiment.

• Like 3

Here's my discovery :

For french people go there : http://dontstarvefr.blogspot.fr/2017/02/patch-nouveau-patch-de-contenu-against.html

Oasis' Lake :

It appears the first day of the summer.

• The succulent give only +1 Life point when eat and can be place in Crock Pot as Veggie.
  • When you fishing, you can get four types of objects :
    • Fish
    • Standard Trinket
    • Special Trinket : Beach Toy
    • BluePrint : the two Goggles and the Potted Succulent

AntLion :

AntLion only appear when the sands storms is on.

Antlion appears always on the same location.

• Here's objects he accept :
    • Standard trinket -> Desert Stone
    • Special Trinket -> The Lasy Desert's Blueprint
    • Rock -> calm down.

Sands Storm :

You can adjust the sands storm frequency with the new Antlion options in the world setting. By default, sands storms not occur every summer, but only every 2 or 3 summers.

The sands storms last all the summer.

Edited by SamLogan
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Myself49 said:

Yeah that is why PC has local co-op which was a very desired and asked for feature and the PS4 doesn't. Oh wait.

if i had a decent PC and friends that play it on PC I would have gotten this game on PC without a monents hesitation. Trust me there is no comparrison. The PC version is light years ahead of what the console version is.

*paleontologist mode engage*

Update about the state of the Odd Skeleton.

For those who remember the animation file for the Odd Skeleton is "fossil_stalker". Well (I believe), as of the "Against the Grain" update there are now sounds labeled Stalker in the game files. I abide by my theory that the Shadow Atrium will be used to revive it. After all, the next update was said to be about caves, and finishing the shadow chess pieces.

It should be noted that these sounds do not sound organic, but rather like rattling bones. Also these sounds reside directly above the "Fumeagator" sounds. Which reminded me, we now have a lake.

Edited by Zeklo
errors
  • Like 11

24 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

*paleontologist mode engage*

Update about the state of the Odd Skeleton.

For those who remember the animation file for the Odd Skeleton is "fossil_stalker". Well (I believe), as of the "Against the Grain" update there are now sounds labeled Stalker in the game files. I abide by my theory that the Shadow Atrium will be used to revive it. After all, the next update was said to be about caves, and finishing the shadow chess pieces.

It should be noted that these sounds do not sound organic, but rather like rattling bones. Also these sounds reside directly above the "Fumeagator" sounds. Which reminded me, we now have a lake.

IMG_1499.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spyro1 said:

Wtf? Why must we start a new world to get the against the grain content. My gf and I have been building up a base with some friends and are nearly on day 1000. We put a lot of time into our world. None of us have the time to start a new world all over every time a new update comes out if we want to get the new content. I dont understand why a new reign they were able to add the new content to existing worlds and now they are not. I find this extremely frustrating as what is the point in envesting so much time into a server just so you can start all over again each time a new content update comes in. 

Some of us have jobs and cant afford to sit at home all day and keep starting new worlds. 

guess why it is called beta.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

You can absolutely go on playing the game while the beta is evolving, but the whole point of a beta is that it's a work in process. So you might want to hold off in investing a lot in a particular map until it's done. I understand that this is frustrating for you, but this is what a beta is about. You can't expect anything particular about it to last. It's an experiment.

The point is : i don't see how it will be better without beta. If the content isn't added to old world because it's not possible, it will be the same beta or not beta. So what the point ? I a missing something ?

Yeah, playing beta is a risk. A risk about finding a boss too dangerous before he is tuned, or something too powerful, common, or others things that could remove pleasure. But if something isn't added to an old world during the beta phase, this thing will not be added to old world in the final version. So i don't see why people are guilty of playing beta here...

4 hours ago, Spyro1 said:

so your sollution then is to stop playing and go play another survival game like arc survival? That makes great marketing sense on kleis side? Lets hinder players from becomming fully invested in playing untill the full game is out and lose them to competitors games like ark survival.

im sorry im starting to sound whiny now. I just hate it when i have a legitimant complaint and people tell me that i have nothing to complain about. Its just frustrating soending so much time in something only to basically be told it was all for nothing essentially. 

No one is telling you not to play. But you can not complain about restarting when you are playing the beta branch, which can be full of bugs. You also have nothing to worry about as the devs said they are working on a way to add the new stuff to your old worlds. I'm sorry if what i said came off rude to you. The best thing to do is play the main branch until they update it. :) 

When the beta went live we were streaming on a pre-existing beta world and didn't update until after we finished streaming. We tested a lot of it out and Volx threw everything in a solid video if people want to see. Hope it helps! 

Edited by mrxarous
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Myself49 said:

11 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

No one is telling you not to play. But you can not complain about restarting when you are playing the beta branch, which can be full of bugs. You also have nothing to worry about as the devs said they are working on a way to add the new stuff to your old worlds. I'm sorry if what i said came off rude to you. The best thing to do is play the main branch until they update it. :) 

I play on PS4. The fix the devs were talking about sounds very much like something that will only be possible on PC

2 minutes ago, Spyro1 said:

I play on PS4. The fix the devs were talking about sounds very much like something that will only be possible on PC

The update isn't even out on ps4 yet. Part three will most likely be out sometime in March. They should have a way around it by then.