[Game Update] - Against the Grain (BETA 205256)

13 hours ago, V2C said:

Please note that you will need to start a new world for the new desert biome, Sandstorms, and Antlion.  This also means that Sinkholes and Cave-ins will not affect existing worlds.  We’ll provide more information later, on how to manually add the new content to existing worlds.

Where will it be posted? A new thread?

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Spyro1 said:

so your sollution then is to stop playing and go play another survival game like arc survival? That makes great marketing sense on kleis side? Lets hinder players from becomming fully invested in playing untill the full game is out and lose them to competitors games like ark survival.

im sorry im starting to sound whiny now. I just hate it when i have a legitimant complaint and people tell me that i have nothing to complain about. Its just frustrating soending so much time in something only to basically be told it was all for nothing essentially. 

Okay you can just use c_spawn('antlion') to get an antlion, I could make a list of all the generated prefabs if you would like.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread, but smoldering won't happen to players inside the sandstorm. You can also use a desert stone to teleport to a channeled lazy deserter instead of having to use another lazy deserter, but that will break the desert stone (it's pretty cheap anyway, just 1 trinket to the antlion).

Edited by Hobgoblino
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Spyro1 said:

I understand what you saying but as a console player it really is frustrating. The PC version already gets so much more love than the console version that at times i really do feel as if the console versions are just a means by which they extend their funding. There are so many things that the console version lacks and many of which coudl be very easily fixed/changed. I have made severall suggestions in the ps4 section but guess other things are more important.

Ok. Stop.

This is not some PC master race/console war thing going on here. Do you know why the PC version gets more attention? It's because pushing out updates are FREE. Last I knew Microsoft and Sony actually charge developers for each patch, so if you have a game that's in constant development the PC is usually the better choice of platform. Because of the fee it's usually better to push out a lot of stuff at once on console instead of adding little chunks at a time.

Once ANR is out of beta I'm sure they'll be giving the console version the much needed love that it deserves. Right now Klei has a lot on their plate with Oxygen Not Included, Hot Lava and the ANR beta for DST. Just give 'em a bit more time. Klei is an indie development studio after all.

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Ok. Stop.

This is not some PC master race/console war thing going on here. Do you know why the PC version gets more attention? It's because pushing out updates are FREE. Last I knew Microsoft and Sony actually charge developers for each patch, so if you have a game that's in constant development the PC is usually the better choice of platform. Because of the fee it's usually better to push out a lot of stuff at once on console instead of adding little chunks at a time.

Once ANR is out of beta I'm sure they'll be giving the console version the much needed love that it deserves. Right now Klei has a lot on their plate with Oxygen Not Included, Hot Lava and the ANR beta for DST. Just give 'em a bit more time. Klei is an indie development studio after all.

You're completely right, man. 

This is is one of the first developers, that I know of, that is constantly updating the console port to the point where it is on par with pc (content wise). Console is only maybe a month behind on these updates max, like you said, which I find pretty impressive honestly! (Unlike Payday...)

I'm just happy I don't have to wait until ANR is out of beta to play all of the new content :D

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AniMike said:

its gonna be awhile before that pizza is done, but once its finished, its gonna taste so good and the wait will be worth it.

Would be such a shame if someone put pineapple pieces all over it... :wilson_evil:

• Like 1