[Game Update] - (BETA) 192061

• Developer
  • Fixed Toadstool’s targeting behaviour toward small creatures like Bees.
  • Increased Toadstool’s health to 52500.
  • Minor retuning for some of Toadstool’s ability cooldowns.
  • Spore Clouds near Toadstool will disperse upon death to prevent loot drops from rotting.

View full update

• Like 20

25 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I was about to go make a ton of bee mines and wipe him out solo. Thank you for stopping that!

That was sincere, not sarcastic. Super Toadstool is best Toadstool!

I personally wish that bosses like toadstool and dragonfly's balance would shift based on how many players are nearby. That way it would be possible to solo them. Well, I mean it is possible, BluesyBuesy has already proven that. What I mean is that it would be nice if average players were able to solo them as well.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I guess the Toadstool learned not to eat bees.:wilson_ecstatic:

*attempts to contain the ****posting* 

its hip to eat bees

1 hour ago, AlternateMew said:

I was about to go make a ton of bee mines and wipe him out solo. Thank you for stopping that!

That was sincere, not sarcastic. Super Toadstool is best Toadstool!

"A ton" You needed 18. It was actually pretty funny,  he just stood there and let them beat him up to death.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I personally wish that bosses like toadstool and dragonfly's balance would shift based on how many players are nearby. That way it would be possible to solo them. Well, I mean it is possible, BluesyBuesy has already proven that. What I mean is that it would be nice if average players were able to solo them as well.

It should be a challange but it should be possible, I agree. Dfly can be soloed, but its demanding and harder, and thats how it should be.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

He kill it on day 13 and he had old stats. Thats mean 150 000 HP which is one third of what it is now + you have whatever days you need so don't tell me that average player can't kill him still pretty easily now .)

17 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed Toadstool’s targeting behaviour toward small creatures like Bees.
  • Increased Toadstool’s health to 52500.
  • Minor retuning for some of Toadstool’s ability cooldowns.
  • Spore Clouds near Toadstool will disperse upon death to prevent loot drops from rotting.

View full update

I'm ok with these changes. If the health was a bit higher, maybe to 80-10k then that'd be sick.

also rip bee strats :(

• Like 1

Thanks Klei for buffing Health. I still wish it was to 100k for longer combat since i really enjoy the fight, the way it is, with no special strats.

I understand that a lot of people likes to play alone, but the point of DST is it to be together and defeat Bosses together not to be able to solo with some cheese strats. If you really want to do it solo, then do it like someone did, stack a **** tons of armor, use a hole bunch of mats + the help of Bunnys, Pigs, Spiders and whatever and kill it after god knows how much time.

I still wish Dragonfly would be fixed beyond what it was already. Make the larves destroy the walls in one it to prevent the cheesy wall strat. That will make her kills a lot more valuable.

After toadstool i wonder if Klei would think of fixing the current Giants, Bearger, Goose & Deerclops. Make them have more abilities just like toadstool, make it impossible to just do 1v1 kitting strat like currently is. Maybe even give us some extra crafts with it, since Hibernation Vest/bag is kind disappointing and deerclops only gives currently Eyebrella.

I hope there is atleast one New Boss in every upcoming patch that is left. I've been enjoy this way too much and my currently only complaint is that there is no way to fix disease. Gets pretty boring to replant stuff after several times of losses ;)

Thanks Klei and keep up the good work.

Best Regards,

Glermz

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

Thanks Klei for buffing Health. I still wish it was to 100k for longer combat since i really enjoy the fight, the way it is, with no special strats.

I understand that a lot of people likes to play alone, but the point of DST is it to be together and defeat Bosses together not to be able to solo with some cheese strats. If you really want to do it solo, then do it like someone did, stack a **** tons of armor, use a hole bunch of mats + the help of Bunnys, Pigs, Spiders and whatever and kill it after god knows how much time.

I still wish Dragonfly would be fixed beyond what it was already. Make the larves destroy the walls in one it to prevent the cheesy wall strat. That will make her kills a lot more valuable.

After toadstool i wonder if Klei would think of fixing the current Giants, Bearger, Goose & Deerclops. Make them have more abilities just like toadstool, make it impossible to just do 1v1 kitting strat like currently is. Maybe even give us some extra crafts with it, since Hibernation Vest/bag is kind disappointing and deerclops only gives currently Eyebrella.

I hope there is atleast one New Boss in every upcoming patch that is left. I've been enjoy this way too much and my currently only complaint is that there is no way to fix disease. Gets pretty boring to replant stuff after several times of losses ;)

Best Regards,

Glermz

Hello to my first ever twitch streamer :adoration: and his marvellous twitch channel to which i have been subscribed since September of 2015, thanks to you @Glhrmzz i learned lots of Don't Starve things, special love to your endless base design fantasy :joyous: ! I really appreciate all these emotions i get watching your streams! And i second your post about buffing the giants (DST bosses), especially giving to Bearger, Deerclopsy and Goose Toadstool's similar new abilities. In the end i want to quote @Arlesienne's signature "East or West, Wes is best." :congratulatory:

• Like 2

Spoilere'd for space-saving:

3 hours ago, Glhrmzz said:
Spoiler

Best Regards,

Glermz

While I like the idea of Toadstool being impossible (or at least close to it) solo, I don't think the same should be done to the others. The three seasonals definitely not - two of them come to you and the third spawns multiples every season. Dragonfly was always the hardest, and I feel she's in a good state right now. Technically an optional encounter, but she will initiate the fight. Beatable, but in no way easy compared to the other three.

Now Toadstool, on the other hand, is a 100% optional boss with non-game-changing (but cool) loot in a fight that you antagonize. You know what you're getting into, and you choose the time and circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlternateMew said:

Now Toadstool, on the other hand, is a 100% optional boss with non-game-changing (but cool) loot in a fight that you antagonize. You know what you're getting into, and you choose the time and circumstances.

I guess 50k would be enough considering your point.

Otherwise, I do thing the other 3 should have a little twist, like Bearger's current yawning..attack? Maybe he could growl in mid battle and slow down opponent, leaving then vulnerable to it's dash, unless a second player comes and aggro him away, similar to Ewecus hunt. 

Goose should really have the ability to control weather, for example, spawning lighting, because....well, It's EGG does that, why can't it. Would be an incentive to bring Lighting Rods.....or WXs. 

I wouldn't change much of Deerclops, winter is already bad enough to deal and it has a freezing attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spiderdian said:

Goose should really have the ability to control weather, for example, spawning lighting, because....well, It's EGG does that, why can't it. Would be an incentive to bring Lighting Rods.....or WXs. 

I think the Goose was always supposed to be kind of easy. The difficult part of the fight are the mosslings which can actually spawn lightnings like you are suggesting.

Edited by Michi01
fascinating the forum automatically turns Moose into Goose

Honestly, the only  thing about the fight that has really changed is his HP and even though I didn't get to fight him with his original HP I don't think it matters in the least 100k or 25K the fight is easy and with 3+ people its a joke.  I don't understand what everyone was complaining about before.  Now having full understanding of the fight I think what everyone SHOULD be complaining about is how there is no in game mechanic to figure out how that fight worked.  Everyone just looked at the code and realized "oh hey!  there are portions of the fight where we do 5x dmg."  How are you supposed to figure that out intuitively in the game when the dmg you dealing or taking is not displayed.  That is the only bad idea klei has with the toad fight, they added a mechanic that there is LITERALLY no way of figuring out without looking at the code or having one of the many "make the game easier" mods.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, spiderdian said:

I guess 50k would be enough considering your point.

Otherwise, I do thing the other 3 should have a little twist, like Bearger's current yawning..attack? Maybe he could growl in mid battle and slow down opponent, leaving then vulnerable to it's dash, unless a second player comes and aggro him away, similar to Ewecus hunt. 

I wouldn't change much of Deerclops, winter is already bad enough to deal and it has a freezing attack.

Adding more to them would be a good compromise.

For Bearger, I don't think I'd mind him getting better as long as he stays as the neutral giant he is now. Forcing a seasonal fight with a boss that requires 2+ players would be a bit cruel.

Goose almost has the same thing going on as Dragonfly, being that you won't fight her unless you get close enough to make her mad. The only difference being the massive difficulty difference and that Goose is seasonal. I dunno. I kind of like how tame she is, but I also watched her and her chicks get absolutely murdered by the seasonal torrent of frogs. I do feel that at the very least, she should get something that stops her from dying to her own season's weather. Some sort of AoE or something special for them. And if using her to farm froglegs is OP, the just make the chicks eat the meat.

Agreed on Deerclops for the same reason as Bearger. A forced seasonal fight requiring 2+ people would not be fun.

2 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

In my eyes, I don't see how a health mod could make the game easier. All it does is just show the remaining health a boss has before it dies.

Forgive me for being cheesy about this, but knowledge is power, particularly that knowledge.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

In my eyes, I don't see how a health mod could make the game easier. All it does is just show the remaining health a boss has before it dies.

Although it's probably both viable and worth it only for a small portion of skill levels, you would be able to wittle an enemy's health down with fire staff/torch then finish them off with a weapon to avoid burning the loot. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2016 at 2:16 PM, Glhrmzz said:

I think that the game is forcing you to make the game less stationary.... More like "on the move" and being exploring all the time....

That's the way I see it :)

I do like the disease mechanic, but I do agree that it could be also pretty useful if we could "cure" disease somehow.

For instance, I was underground for almost two seasons and when I came back, all my grass was contaminated and useless.... I can't say it was fun, but I believe it was fair :)

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Quyzbuk said:

Forgive me for being cheesy about this, but knowledge is power, particularly that knowledge.

I don't see what the problem is with mods.... Mods are an opportunity for discovering things in the game.

I agree that many mods make the game easier and I don't use them for that reason, but I don't see all the mods generally as "make-the-game-easier" additions.  They are an opportunity for expansion and diversification of the game...

Many mods ideas are now part of the game (icons for gold rocks, moon rocks in DST, roads in SW (magma floor + boards), refining bottles from sand in SW, etc). I mean, DST was also an idea that came from the community and many people tried at first making local coop mods and things like that, and later came DST... so ... yeah... thank you modders for suggesting things that can make the DS franchise even more interesting.

Besides, even BluesyBuesy was also using mods previously to his Toadstool video for testing (Damage Indicators), so yeap... why the hell not

Let's not forget why DS and DST is so popular.... you can change how the world is generated the way you like it.... there are tons of options that vary from an "easier" version of the game with extra resources to very hard in-game conditions.... Change and variation are two of the game pillars.... There is not just "one" or just "the one" way for playing DST. It is up to you to make the game the way you want it

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think that the game is forcing you to make the game less stationary.... More like "on the move" and being exploring all the time....

That's the way I see it :)

I do like the disease mechanic, but I do agree that it could be also pretty useful if we could "cure" disease somehow.

For instance, I was underground for almost two seasons and when I came back, all my grass was contaminated and useless.... I can't say it was fun, but I believe it was fair :)

It works until you have nothing to explore, and then when endgame is a thing and all you really do is build fancy stuff because the game has little to no lategame content, it just makes things more boring.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

It works until you have nothing to explore, and then when endgame is a thing and all you really do is build fancy stuff because the game has little to no lategame content, it just makes things more boring.

I did say I agree with the idea of a cure for disease... So...

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1