[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

(cause I start to loose track on who wants to go where I make this easier on myself. There is now a poll so you guys can show me easier where you rather want to go. I will update these each time we get to a new decision again mostly so I can plan a lot better and keep better track on who wants to go where.

And because of that I will delay the room for today sadly. Hey maybe you guys can do that tea thing now while I wait for the decision. Just saying cause it's rather late here and I need between 45 minutes to an hour to cook up a proper post. Again sorry for the inconvenience but I might make it ealier tommorow for that just to balance it out.)

After a quick decision you decide to move towards the mushrooms in the hope of finding some with special effects for further dungeoneering.

As you enter the new cave you're amazed by the sight that unfolds infront of you. You knew that you would see mushrooms but not of the size of these ones. Towering over almost anyone these mushrooms must have been growing for ages amplified by the magic that runs through the dungeon.

The air is filled with the scent of different types of shrooms giving you a sense of relaxation. Some of these must have some therapeutic properties.

After wandering through the cave however you come across a horrifying sight. Corpses probably of a previous group of adventurers. The bodies seem to be rather mutilated. Limbs are missing aswell deep wounds all over the bodies. Some of wich look like biting marks.

Cautiosly you proceed not wanting to fall prey to whatever killed them.

As you walk further you suddenly hear a wierd sound. Trippeling but not like the spiders from before. This sound has to many legs. Before you can make out where the sound comes from a giant ant emerges. At first the ant doesn't seem to notice you. Then after a brink twitch of its antennas it turns towards you. It's mandibles show that it's easily capable of biting through strong materials and easily tear through flesh.

As it approaches you see more comming from behind it.

Prepare yourself heroes now is the time for combat.

"That's a curious mandible. I want to experiment with it." With these words, Pih-Dit charges his pistol and fires an extremely hot bullet at the first ant. Now, however, the gun is overheating, so he holsters it.

The Steamknight clenched her teeth and quickly removed Tony from his perch on her back. Anxiety twisted in her stomach. Mandibles of that size combined with an ants proportional strength... they could very well crunch through her armour, or at least crush her inside of it. She would have to hit hard and fast. 

Miles roared a war cry and juggernauted towards the first ant in a fury of clanks and hisses. The tinker had already shot at him, but she readied a swing just for good measure.

Spoiler

Jordan kept watch on Mile's and Pih-Dit's flank and slowed the ants from the rear, but also keeping an eye on the others, while also trying to keep himself from getting bit in half like a twig.

Venator stood defensively in front of Aranea. Aranea Watches the ant and decides to conjure webbing under the ones that are still away from the group to slow them down enough to be able to be picked off before getting near.

(Just so you know, only one of them may make an attack at a time. If one is defensive that means they don't do their special.)

22 hours ago, Battal said:

(Mind if I just slap general ice manipulation onto Battal's move list?)

(go ahead it can't hurt much I guess.

Also @Youknowwho, @Asparagus , @Blewcheese and @LiptonPee If you guys can't make it could you please tell me beforehand just so I have a general overview on what is going on. Dunno but when half the group is inactive It's a tad harder for me to determine stuff.

Just a lil reminder that I need a tad more imput from others since both me and Ysul are waiting for most of you guys to take their turns before we do anything.

Also I might just take it a tad slower today and flesh out the big thing I got cooking so atm not much is happening today. For that tommorow I might do a double post first to show what happens here and then the big thing I have in the works.)

Battal: I need to get them some stress heals though
Battal: that means another sacrifice run
MenaAthena: Or you could call in Rhi for a nice ballad
Battal: I actually have the character he was based off.
Battal: Actually
Battal: I should name my characters after Abyss people
MenaAthena: Duh
Battal: There
Battal: Miles the Crusader
Battal: Rhi the Jester
Battal: Quentin the Plague Doctor
Battal: and "Vanilla Freeze" the Hellion
MenaAthena: Yesssssssss
Battal: Now to get us all killed

(Abis iz dnakist dungeun cconfirmt)

Bugs don't like fire, right? (Thats how it works in pokemon I'm pretty sure.) Thus, Hammerhead loaded up an incendiary bomb and launched it at the first ant, trying to keep the detonation a safe enough range from the group.

(How large are these ants? People sized? Building sized?)

6 hours ago, Mr.P said:

Also I might just take it a tad slower today and flesh out the big thing I got cooking so atm not much is happening today. For that tommorow I might do a double post first to show what happens here and then the big thing I have in the works.)

(I wonder what it could be :rolleyes: )

(Sorry, I haven't really been getting notifications on the Abyss for some reason O__O)

Grell readies his bone axe and his sword; while the others had the ant's attention on them, he went to it's side and under its thorax and proceeded to hack and slash through it while making sure he avoids any attempt of the ant to attack him, making his attacks few but decisive... with every hit he makes with the axe, he feels more and more energized...

Rhi was still trying to get used to the feeling of fire in his throat, rubbing his neck a bit. His eyes also burned a bit after the sight of so many shiny colours, but he was recuperating. Eventually they reach another bifurcation in the path, deciding to proceed through the strand that lead to the room filled with mushrooms.
A feeling of unease started to crawl on Rhi’s mind, and it was really no mere coincidence. Large ant-like creatures started to charge after them, and his eyes went wide open, gasping and staying in place. He looked around for anything that might help them but it was up to their combat skills once more. The kobold quickly turned to Hammerhead, who had the interesting idea of using fire against the vermin.
Before he could attack, Rhi was already starting to climb onto his back, his weight unnoticeable. To better his aim and his precision and to avoid collateral damage that might harm the party, he dedicated a song only for him. Unlike the previous ones, he wanted to try something else. This time, he performed an inspiring acapella; he didn’t always have to sing actual lyrics to inspire. This inspired competence in Hammerhead, who suddenly felt fit for the task of disposing of the insects with his flaming bombs:

Spoiler

As your group starts the onslaught you already know that it might not be a good idea to keep fighting.

Despite killing ant after ant you don't see a stop to the flood of them. More and more dead carcasses fill the groud yet the ants don't care all they seem to have in mind is killing your group.

As the onslaught continues you start to see that you can't win this battle. A quick shout to your group notices them and you slowly start a tactical retreat.

Inch after Inch you make your way back to where you came from. After you got enought distance between the neverending swarm and the group you start to turn around and run as fast as you can.

Both Aranea and Quentin help out with that by hindering the following Ants with webs and sticky potions.

As you finally find the exit you notice that the ants stopped their pursuit. It appears that they didn't meant to harm you at will but rather tried to defend their nest from you.

As you walk down the path that you came from you finally see the shifting walls of the dungeon in full effect. Instead of landing where you came from you seem to walk a completly different path.

Your journey comes to an apprupt end as you enter a small chamber. It wasn't big nor did it have any notable things in it except a giant door on the other side of it. The door was massive and seemed to be made out of the same stone that the walls are made of.

Carefully you approach the door. It's strange to even see one in the dungeon after all. All the rooms so far had none so why is this chamber guarded by one? You don't know yet but what you do know is that whatever is behind it must either be very valuable or dangerous.

This might be a good time to prepare yourself before facing whatever lies beyond.

"We should rest up before we go any further..." says Grell. "It would seem that the onslaught of the enemy might have taken a bit of a toll on everyone... it would be wise if we regrouped here.". Grell proceeds to make a camp fire from the wood he seemingly had in his may pockets... though they may not last... some fuel for the fire might be in need... but this was enough to start it...

The horde of ants should have taken a toll on Grell, yet strangely, his fatigue was not greater than the effort he exerted on the enemy... though he has become rather peckish. He pulls out a few pieces of jerky from a pocket and proceeds to slowly eat them to relax his muscles and let himself rest in a way... he remembered the gems he had... with no forge, jeweler, or appraiser, all he could do was polish his gems along with his tools... he sits by the fire as everyone makes themselves at ease...

Archived