[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Jordan strays far from the group, and deeper into the enchanted crystal caves he however halts and notices a pink morganite looking gemstone

he decides to lick it, and to his surprise it's quite sugary so he gobbles it down, after which he feels quite

...feminine...

Then the feeling passes and feels perfectly fine.

10 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Jordan strays far from the group, and deeper into the enchanted crystal caves he however halts and notices a pink morganite looking gemstone

he decides to lick it, and to his surprise it's quite sugary so he gobbles it down, after which he feels quite

...feminine...

Then the feeling passes and feels perfectly fine.

(Well, that was pointless?)

"Woah! Crystals! This place is pretty cool." Hammerhead looked around, admiring the scenery. "They feel pretty strong. I wonder if I can put them in bombs." He yanked one of the crystals off the walls, observing its properties.

Quentin didn't like the feel of magic. It irked him. But he wouldn't dismiss it's value. He decided to take break a crystal off and see what use it might have. 

Problem was, no matter how hard he tugged the crystal wouldn't budge, but he kept at it like a child at a locked door.

As the tinker works his way through the gems, he accidentally hits a grey one. The crystal turns sky-blue upon contact, but quickly changes colour to a bright yellow. Every muscle in Pih-Dit's entire body moves frantically for a moment, then he falls back.

"W-What happened?" After a deep breath, he sits up and examines the volatile rock in detail. "This might be Taranite, also known as Perun's Percussion. Back in the north, we used this for basic automatons and powerful machinery." The tinker carefully mines the potent ore using a tiny pickaxe, to which he attached his earthwire. This simple line of metal can conduct the forces of the gem and expel them to the ground relatively safely. Without it, he would have probably died just then.

"I wlll make a slight modification to my chainclaw at some point. Hehe..."

Aranea looked about the room with interest. She walked over to a cluster of crystals and started to examine them. Venator followed Aranea but only stood next to her as he eyed the crystals, wondering when they got there. Aranea carefully pulled out a emerald green that looked as if it had smoke rolling around inside she motioned for Venators' knife and which he handed over. She put the crystal up to the blade and it was as if all the color faded out, mixing itself with the poison on the blade as the crystal became transparent. She place the crystal back and gave the knife back to Venator then turned to the group and waited for them to proceed.

Jasmine, upon seeing the room glowing with treasury, completely forgot about the death of her party member and scrambled inside. Not unlike Rhi, she was having a hard time seeming sane in the presence of so many jewels. She unleashed a cackle and scooped up an arm full of them, but a plethora of magical effects sparked in her face and sent her flying backwards. 

She wheezed and sat up, blindly reaching for her sword which had fallen from her grasp. Her hands brushed the blade and jerked away. It didn't even cut her, but it seared like salt in a wound. The poison seemed to be stronger than the last time she checked. 

Manny didn't let greed take control of him, and was just observing the beautiful room, that was until he saw some sort of rainbow crystal. It was so beautiful, he just had to have it. He created an ice saw, and tried to saw the crystal free, but he must of accidentally released some magic or something, because the crystal lost all its color. Manny would of become upset if it weren't for the feeling of power he gained. Had the crystal given him some sort of powerful ability? [He would have to find out later because this post is long]

Battal finds an utterly worthless blue crystal.  It does nothing, is worth nothing, and is a complete waste of everyone's time and space.  He feels ashamed for even giving it the slightest bit of attention.  He picks up the gem which will serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever and puts it in his rucksack, where it will remain for the rest of the journey and never effect anything, or anyone, ever again.

10 minutes ago, Battal said:

Battal finds an utterly worthless blue crystal.  It does nothing, is worth nothing, and is a complete waste of everyone's time and space.  He feels ashamed for even giving it the slightest bit of attention.  He picks up the gem which will serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever and puts it in his rucksack, where it will remain for the rest of the journey and never effect anything, or anyone, ever again.

(ryan reynolds 

Or is it? Dun dun duu-- eh <_<)

In his incessant yapping, Rhi didn't notice that the explosion of magic that sent Jasmine flying also sent a bunch of fragments of still active crystals on his way. Some hit his face but he accidentally gulped one that went right into his maw; his face went blue. Choking and clenching at his throat, he tried to pull it out, gargling as he knelt on the floor, tapping it with a hand vigorously.

5 hours ago, LiptonPee said:

She unleashed a cackle and scooped up an arm full of them, but a plethora of magical effects sparked in her face and sent her flying backwards. 

(So @Battal when dat Lipton's blasting off again gif coming doe?)

Rhi spat the crystal, what was once red in pigment was now of a dull gray. It went flying in a random direction and then shattered on the floor. When Rhi finally gasped and breathed in a mouthful, he looked back at Manny with teary eyes and knew that he owed him.

That was when he cleared his throat, feeling something that was bothering him.
Finally, he let out a coarse cough "AUHAHCHK!!!" and a small tongue of flame emerged from Rhi's mouth, which lasted for a second. Some smoke trailed out of his nostrils after he finished, and he stared blankly at the party. "... That was scary..."

(yeah yeah I'm late sorry bout that I don't feel 100% fine atm. A but sick but nothing to worry about)

After you inspected and gatherd the crystals for long enought you decide to finally set out for the next rooms.

On the way out Jordan however notices a peculiar formation of crystals. No other grew around them and compared to all the other ones they where completly colourless. If it wasn't for the fact that it was a physical object you could think they where never there in the first place.

"Interesting" Jordan says before putting a few of them in his pockets. "These ones seem to absorb magic maybe they can be usefull later".

With that the group is off again.

After traversing the paths of the dungeon once more you come across yet another fork (it seems like the dungeon designer really hard a hard on for forked rooms).

One way didn't show much however you do notice mushrooms growing between the rocks something that you haven't seen in the dungeon yet.

The other one seems to lead to a rather damp cave as it carries the smell of water with it but no sounds of it.

Where will you go next?

11 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

One way didn't show much however you do notice mushrooms growing between the rocks something that you haven't seen in the dungeon yet.

The other one seems to lead to a rather damp cave as it carries the smell of water with it but no sounds of it.

(Dnak)

Hmm a lot of shrooms towards that way, and a seemingly very dnak damp cave.

Well I've had my fair share of mushrooms before, but maybe we could find a particular fungus that may have medical properties or we could just find some that we can eat down the shroomy way?

12 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

On 5/7/2016 at 9:57 AM, Mr.P said:

Suprisingly there are also a lot of different edible plants in the area. Berrys, ferns and mushrooms this meant that your group can collect some food for the future without the need to use some of the supplies you bought from the Inn.

(Not to be that guy while you're sick, but I'm going to be that guy, because Quentin harvested earlier said mush)

(Yep I mean the shrooms grow inbetween the floortiles of the dungeon rather then on trees and dirt like before. Guess I need to be a tad more clear next time.

As for my health again don't worry it seems to be related to the new room. Not quite used to the semi colder temperatures down in the cellar. Maybe a few more weeks and I got used to it but for now it means warmer the usual clothes down there. What is quite silly since it's about 29°C outside yet I sit on my PC in sweater and with warm socks like it's in the middle of winter XD. But I feel better by the day I give it 2 maybe 3 more days and I will be back to max capacity.)

"I don't like the idea of mushrooms. They can be very dangerous, especially the more exotic ones. Even on this adventure, we already had to deal with bad ones. Let's not risk poisoning ourselves." After saying that, the tinker makes a step towards the damp cave.

Aranea looked at both the ways that was out before them. "The mushrooms could have dangerous items just as much as helpful items. They could also of course house creatures that we don't know about. The damp cave only has indication of creatures that may be there as there is no floral to be seen," she said looking both ways. Venator didn't seem to voice his opinion, instead he just looked at the entrances.

(Not sure, it kind of kept going, so either I could still have them and serve it now or in the commotion of leaving, left it behind.)

Archived