[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Manny was shocked. Sure, Myth and him had fought, but he did like him, and he declined the assassination. Were they friends?

"Oh, sure."

Manny quickly conjured up some boiling water.

"Do you have a cup of your own, or would you like one made of ice?"

"If you could make several that would be appreciated, I figured your friends may need something to.. Take their minds off of the recent events," Aranea said as she put the leaves into the boiling water. "Oh and would you be kind enough to make a plate as well?" she added on as an afterthought as she went back to the food.

6 minutes ago, Mezukie said:

"I figured your friends may need something to.. Take their minds off of the recent events," Aranea said as she put the leaves into the boiling water.

(We're going to get high! :D)

Miles gently patted the kobold on the back, remaining silent. 

Dragon swooped in and gave Quentin a long, awkward hug and head pat.

46 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

(We're going to get high! :D)

Miles gently patted the kobold on the back, remaining silent. 

Dragon swooped in and gave Quentin a long, awkward hug and head pat.

Rhi starts to calm down, but the shock remains. He looks up at Miles and wipes a few tears off his cheek. "I-I'll be fine..."

Rhi gasps. He's a kobold so he can't help but marvel at the sight of a dragon. He therefore immediately kneels before his new master.

Miles nods, reattaching the gauntlet before turning her attention to the alchemist, who was currently in a fit of hysteria. She firmly sets him back up on his feet with little effort. "Quentin, look as me." She starts calmly, lifting up the face if her helmet. Her expression was somber, but she was holding herself together rather well. "Get yourself together. He's gone. There's nothing we can do."

(Ok; need to do something)

The shadows coalesed into a shape similar to Myth, looking at the group. A voice echoed out, Myth's voice, loud and clear.

"If you're hearing this, I'm dead, probably in a dungeon, and my body has probably gone. If you're wondering how this is happening, it's magic, who cares at this point; I'm dead. Also, this dosen't run off of soulforce like most of my spells, so no issue if someone takes my soul or something. If someone has taken my soul..."

"Find them."

"Kill them."

"Release my soul. I will not be denied the Unterfire simply because some ***** wizard trapped my soul. Seriously, it sucks."

"Ok, that's it. The magic in the spell reaaaaly only lasts for as long as the shadows can handle the pressure, so this thing should...." fissures run through the shadow's body, and a crinkling sound, like tinfoil being crumpled, can be heard. The shadow explodes, black fragments raining down, and when they vanish, the nectar flask lies where the shadow stands. 

(Oh, and this:)

WARNING; GoT Series 4 Spoilers and SERIOUS squick:

Spoiler

Ha. Ha. Ha?

Quentin looked up Miles' hesitantly, but he didn't see Miles. Hallucinations. The one he saw was clad in heavy regal armor, and coated in ample amounts of blood. Quentin's laughter came to an abrupt stop. He stumbled backwards fumbling in his coat. Several vials crashed to the floor. Nothing dangerous. His eyes began to itch again. Then it turned to stinging, and finally searing pain. He clawed desperately at the front of his mask. His efforts shifted to trying to take it off. Trying. He couldn't manage it in his frenzy.

Rhi yaps as the shadow implodes and withers into many little fragments. It takes some seconds to realize that the nectar flask was on the floor. He rushes towards it with a faint and quick panting, kneeling down to take the flask. He looks at it for a brief moment before putting it away in one of his coat's pockets. He says nothing.

(Edit) That's when he realizes the shouting coming from behind. He turns to spot a shouting Quentin. Afraid for his health, he quickly runs and tries to calm him.

Venator ran over to Quentin, he immediantly tried to get him under control. "Tell me how to get your mask off if I can, unless you wish to harm yourself," he said as he tried to find a way to help the alchemist. 

Miles took a step back when the alchemist reacted with fear and panic towards her, then desperately clawed at and tried to remove his mask. She didn't know what she had done or what she could do to help; if she could help, so she just stood back and watched with concern as the body guard and bard tried to calm him down.

No no no. He didn't want to see. He didn't want to see. Not anymore. Not anymore. Venator? No. No. The one in front of him was a tall man dressed in a regal white suit. He was covered in blood. He was offering his hand. Lies. Deceit. Treachery. Rhi? No. No. A young child bearing a regal staff and mantle several sizes too big. They were covered in blood. Coward. Evil. Naive. Quentin turned around to run.

...And he ran straight into the wall, knocking himself unconscious.

Aranea grabbed Manny before he hit the ground and held him. "Do not think of anything, just listen to my voice. Only focus on me, don't look, don't think, just listen to me," she said in a low soft manner before she started to in a way 'sing' a melody that carried it's way across the room. Venator couldn't catch Quentin before he smacked himself into the wall but he did grab him before he fell and gently placed him on the ground. "Does anyone know what traumatized him? You were with him longer then us, I have no clue what his past may be like,"

"Woah. That was a big guy. Was that the same guy as before?" Hammerhead wondered to no one but himself, then looked at where Myth had once stood. "Damn. Guess I'll never figure out why I only have 2 contracts." He frowned, troubled, then looked at Quentin to behold an unconscious alchemist. "Oh, crap. Uh....." He looked over at Venator, shrugging. "No clue. Maybe we should head back to your spidery kingdom 'till gets better, though."

"I'm afraid I don't know anything either. He's not the most talkative person." The Steamknight replied, still looking at Quentin with concern. "It's a long way back to their kingdom, Hammerhead. It would be better if we either wait here for him to wake or if I carried him. Hopefully he will have regained his senses when he becomes conscious again."

"Fine. But we probably shouldn't advance before he gets up, I don't want to run into a mob of, say, people sized bats right as he wakes up and goes berserk and kills everybody." Hammerhead sighed, concerned. It was a rather uncharacteristic level of caution for the demolitionist. His attention, then, was drawn to Aranea's song, whose melody carried its way across the room. He shut up to listen to it.

Archived