[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Myth coughs, spraying blood everywhere. "Two secs." Myth swigged from his flask. As he did so, his face began to 're-correct' itself. His busted nose re-formed, bruises melted away and the Ichor re-entered his body the same way it came out. "Ahem. So yes. Miles. Taking responsibility for nothing is an occupational hazard of being an assassin. It's also one that aides in the fact I'm a narcissistic-" Miles armour hisses loudly, "who... Well... Y'know..."

He turned to Venator. "First thing's first. The name's Mythril and my order is the order of the Shadowdancers. I accept your apology," he bowed slightly. 

A quick explanation on the nectar flask:

Essentially, it is a healing potion with mixed effects based on the severity of the injuries sutained before drinking it. Also, since it can synthesise itself if it comes into water, Myth never really has to worry about it running out. 

For minor injuries, such as the ones Myth just had, the flask will cure them like any normal healing potion. However, the flask can only do so much. For heavier injuries, such as large cuts, broken bones, etc, the flask will treat them... Temporarily. After this time has been elapsed, the injuries will return again, in the same way that it healed. (To prevent, say, a cut from suddenly exploding in blood.) 

If nectar is consumed without the drinker having any injuries, it'll take on the properties of proof 40 mead. No-one really knows why, but it's really alcoholic and tastes delicious, so no-one complains.

The tinker has no idea how to work with this demon blade and dumped it back at the forge for that reason.

"Ugh... Great. Simply splendid! My pistol is damaged." The tinker immediately starts to repair it. Since Mythril and Venator conciliated, he carries on pestering the new party members: "So... Venator, was it? What exactly did the qu- Aranea mean with 'slowing enemies'? As far as I recall, normal spiders can't shoot webbing, only pull it out bit by bit."

Venator looked the the tinker. "Well, do we look like normal spiders? Our kind can conjure up webbing, it was first brought about.. Ok I won't get all historical on you but know that each citizen can summon webbing when they so choice. And each Webbing acts differently... Our spit is more sticky yes but I'd hardly count it as webbing and no I will not test this,"

"Why is it that surprising that these guys can project webs? You're standing next to a guy who's blood can corrode through metal!" Myth wiped a few stray specks of blood off of his face. "Actually, I'm gonna hit the hay for a little bit. Wake me up if something happens." At this, the shadows coalesced around him, shrouding him in darkness to aid his sleeping.

Quentin took his seat once more and looked around the room. It had been a decent amount of time and no one was showing any symptoms. Though if the food were poisoned in some way it could always take longer. 

He eyed a particular bread-looking piece. Conducting tests might be required. It would prove to be a formidable foe...

A shot echoes through the room. "Ah! It's fine, wasn't loaded anyways! ... At least it works again, heh." Maintaining eye contact with the group, the tinker tries to casually lean onto the table. He stops when he realises that it's too far away.

Miles stares at Mythril like she has no idea what he's talking about; mostly because she has no idea what he's talking about. "... No, you were asleep for five seconds. Are you on something right now? Because it is extremely unwise to be on any narcotics while exploring a lethal dungeon, or anywhere else for that matter."

After the preperations where done and over your group finally continues their journey with new allies.

Leaving the realm of the spiders was a simple task as Aranea knew the Kingdom well enought and also knew every path in and out.

For a while nothing happend the corridors of the dungeon still keept the caveastetic and it seemed like no new rooms would show up anytime soon.

After a while the cold brickwalls of the dungeon returned indicating that a new room was close by.

After a painfully long time you finally enter the new room. It was a rather small circular room. In the middle you see another portal similar to the one the Black Knight used a while ago.

As you try to proceed further the portal opens up and you see the imposing figure of the Black Knight walking through

His deadly gaze scans through your group until he sees Mythril

"HALFBLOOD"

He screams

"I FOUND YOU. I KNEW I FELT THE DISGUSTING PRESENCE OF A DÆMON WHEN I LEFT PREVIOUSLY. THIS TIME I WILL END YOU. THE MASTER DOESN'T TOLERATE ANY OTHERWORLDY PRESENCE THAT DIDN'T SWEAR LOYALTY TO HIM"

After the last word he takes a small crystal from his belt and crushes it with his hands. A bright light shines and suddenly Myth is seperated from the group by some sort of magical barrier. The Black Knight takes his sword and makes himself ready to attack. Myth still suprised by the sudden outburts of magic makes himself ready aswell.

As the rest of the group sees this they try to help their comrade as alone he has no chance of survival. Miles swings Tony like a berserker against the barrier but no matter how hard she tries the barrier keeps the group seperated. The magical users quickly stick their heads together and try to find a way to dispell the barrier.

While all of this is going on the Black Knight finally makes the first move. He closes to gap to Myth faster then one would expect a foe of his size. His blade just barely misses Myth who dodged out of the way in time. Myth tries to use his shadowpowers but it seems like every type of shadow gets absorbed by both the Black Knight's armor aswell as the Barrier.

The Black Knight keeps pushing him with his unrelenting fury of attacks backing him more and more into a corner. Suddenly Myth trips. The Black Knights sword hits him just below the waist amputating both his legs in the process.

"I EXPECTED MORE OF YOU HALFBLOOD. YOU MIGHT BE A GREAT FIGHTER WHEN THE ODDS ARE IN YOUR FAVOUR BUT THE MASTER PLANNED FOR THIS AND GAVE ME THE CRYSTAL TO NULLIFY YOUR POWERS: AND KNOW I WILL END YOU."

After those words he pulls another crystal from his belt. As Myth sees it his eyes widen

"YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS RIGHT? AN URATHI CRYSTAL. A SOULTRAPPER GEM IN COMMON TONGUE. AS I SAID THE MASTER ALWAYS PLANS FOR EVERYTHING AND GAVE ME THIS SO YOUR SPIRIT WON'T CONTINUE TO HAUNT THESE HALLS AS MOST DEAD ADVENTURERS DO"

After he spoke those words he picks up the helpless Myth. His gloves slowly start to clutch around the helpless assasins head. The sound of breaking bone and spilled blood can be heard. The Black Knight throws the headless corpse and holds the crystal up. Small lines of blue fire start to emerge from Myths corpse and get absorbed by the crystal.

After the Black Knight is done he turns back to the portal but not before talking to the surviving adventurers again.

"YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY THAT THE MASTER ONLY WANTED TO SEE THE HALFBLOOD DEAD BEFORE HE COULD BECOME AN ISSUE OR ELSE NO ONE WOULD LEAVE THIS ROOM ALIVE."

After that he steps through the portal again. As he vanishes so does the barrier. Quickly your group chases after him before the portal can close itself again to avenge the fallen comrade.

As you step through the other end you notice that something isn't right. The room you're in looks pretty similar to the one you where just in but no signs of the Black Knight anywhere. Also the headless corpse isn't here so this can't be the same room. Both confused and enraged you don't know what to do.

(It's done Ladies and Gents the first death of the game. @Dannyrulx sorry pal but it had to happen)

2 hours ago, Mr.P said:

pal

(Say pal(@Dannyrulx) you don't look so good.)

Hmm I wonder what the black knight wanted Myth's soul for, maybe to eat it? I bet it would taste quite putrid, and his soul didn't even all look that powerful or malevolent enough to be of use for any rituals, I know you should only say good things about the dead so...Myth's dead, good.

TEEHEE.jpg

Everything happened too fast.
And no matter what they tried, the barrier could not be broken.
Then again, if the barrier was broken, they could have all suffered the same fate: the Black Knight was a formidable foe.
As Rhi witnessed the death of a former friend, his body froze and faint spasms of trembling muscles shook his body, unable to say a thing; the telltale signs of a silent scream of despair. The Corrupted Paladin's voice echoing in Rhi's soul like the sound of bells tolling.

.........9__ghost_stories___strawhatsxreaderxluff.........

The songs in his mind told of all of the heroes he was with, surviving the Descent into the Abyss... Claiming glory.
Everything twisted and turned now.
Then it dawned on him...
They were merely going through the dungeon's front door.

Quentin had froze. His legs buckled and he had collapsed to his knees. Ha.

Potions could fix this right? Ha. Ha.

There was still hope right? Ha. Ha. Ha.

He clenched the sides of his head and kept laughing manically. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

[Insert appropriate anime reaction photo here]

Tony slipped through Miles's loose grasp and hit the floor with a heavy clank. She stared emptily through the slats of her helmet at the floor, completely silent. While true that she didn't care for the man, she hadn't wanted to see him dead, even if just because the kind bard was close to him. The concoction of rage, dread, and helplessness that entangled her heart as she futilely pounded against the barrier was something she never wanted to feel again. She knew that there was nothing she could have done, but at the same time, she felt as if she failed.

With a few clicks, the Steam Knight let her metal clove slide off her arm, and put her hand of flesh on Rhi's shoulder. "Well that sucks." "... I'm sorry..."

Battal walks casually into the room, carrying a bagful of food and sipping some kind of frozen drink (both of which were probably taken from the kingdom).  "Sorry, I fell behind.  This stuff is heavy."  He says, slinging the bag over his shoulder.  "Did I miss anything?"

Aranea look at the scene where the man once was. The members seemed new to the idea of death in a dungeon such as this, then this must be the first one they have witnessed of their own. She looked around the group. Some didn't seem to care while others looked on the verge of a break down. She briefly looked at Venator who only starred back at her then she when over to Battal, taking the bagful of food from him and looking inside, deciding to take out some before handing it back. She walked over to Manny. "If you could please bring up some boiled water?" she asked as she set about preparing what she had and taking out something that looked like leaves from a pouch of her own. Venator only bowed at where the assassin once was. They didn't get along at first but he hoped to at least get to know the other, seeing as they both had some trouble in the past.

Grell was impressed at the might, power, and devastation that the African American Black Knight had dealt on their companion... certainly the shadows that the Black Knight employs must have a weakness... but as the slaughter happened so quickly, he was not able to properly identify this foe's strengths and weaknesses... Myth didn't put up much of a fight and the Black Knight did not use any special moves... simple slashes and the power of those formidable shards were all that they could see...

If the Black Knight were to appear again, it would be difficult to win against him with such dark, and magical powers...

Myth's sacrifice was in vain...

Archived