[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Aranea went over to Manny. She pulled out a handkerchief and pressed it to the wound. Venator looked about the room, he had wounds but he would heal them later right now he walked about making sure this place was safe.

Miles plopped her metal butt on the ground with a resounding thud. Panting, she twisted off her helmet and opened up the front of the chest plate to let some air in. She really needed to work out an internal cooling system for this thing.

There were a few dents, gouges, and deep scratches in her metal shell, but without a forge there wasn't much she could do about them. Her fleshy body was injury free at least.

Rhi's song was interrupted as soon as the ants started to swarm into them. It was clear that defeat was inevitable. As they retreated, he jumped off he bombardier's shoulders, calling him to follow him back to a safer place, along with the rest of the party. The ants started to attack ferociously, seemingly protective of their little part of the dungeon. Without much remedy, he brandished his scythe and growled to defend himself as they went back to whence they came.

He had suffered a diagonal slash along his chest while falling back; one of the ants managed to land a claw on his torso -- despite Rhi's attempt to dodge it -- , ripping cloth and leaving an open wound surrounded by torn little scales and some blood. It didn't seem to ail him, though, since it was quite superficial. When regrouping, he inspected the injury and hissed lightly, baring his teeth. "Worry not... 'Tis just a flesh wound..."

"That was less fun that it should have been." The tinker must have hurt his ankle, as he moans a little with every other step. If it weren't for the sheer amount of metal all over him, the foot would probably not be the most painful part of the body. Even like this, Pih-Dit is bleeding from a few small wounds and took some less visible damage.

"I didn't even get a useful chunk of keratin. Oh well... Now is the perfect opportunity to install a little gadget to my chainclaw, should we get into such a situation again." With these words, the tinker retrieves the volatile gem from his packsack.

Spoiler

New ability (I talked with Mr.P about this already): Perun's Jab - The chainclaw holds onto Taranite while being shot at an enemy. Upon contact, it causes magical damage and electrically stuns the target if possible. Launching it, however, causes immense recoil and always stuns the tinker as well.

Unless told otherwise, I assume this does not remove the original chainclaw ability.

*panting* "Oh no...Rhi...Poor you..."

He looks around but doesn't know what to do, then notices Pih and Manny

"Jee...This didn't go very well..."

Being a long ranged warrior he managed to escape without a single cut. But he was unable to recover 3 of his arrows, one of which broke, two of which are still stuck on two ants. His quiver now counts 6+1 arrows, the last of which has a special point. He also has a few crystals from before, which he could apply as points.

The crystals are a light blue one, a light yellow one and a pink one. While the light blue felt cold to the touch and the light yellow one gave little shocks when touched, the pink one was just pretty and had a different kind of warmth to it. 

Renn takes it out of his pocket and hands it to Pih.

"Do you think this might have healing properties...? A leg and torso wounds would compromise you in battle..."  

"Do I look like I know a lot about healing magic? Why don't you bother the Venommancer, or anybody who actually deals with that stuff?" The tinker lets out a sigh. "Don't mind that, Eye, please. I suppose if it makes one feel good, it's worth a try. But it's not like I intend to get up close anyways." Then he resumes modifying his gizmo.

2 hours ago, Mr.P said:

As you finally find the exit you notice that the ants stopped their pursuit. It appears that they didn't meant to harm you at will but rather tried to defend their nest from you.

(Are you trying to say we're murderers? </3)

Jordan, exhausted, but unscathed from the fight, kept up with the others to the big guarded door and sat down with the others, as he rested he notice Grell eating jerky and didn't share so he just had some nice biscuits.

But the thought of being not triumphant from the last battle was quite disheartening, a thought of dread crossed Jordan's mind, what if they couldn't run away from the next fight, where they couldn't handle the next opponents.

Would this be the last time Jordan let someone down again? (not referring to Myth.)

"O-oh...well I meant you because...you know...you're hurt...But yeah you're right, I'll be right back."

Renn turns back and walks to the venomancer. 

"Maybe you can help me know if this one has healing properties...?"

"Oof. That looks like it stings. Guess I oughta repay you for that cool tune of yours, huh?" Hammerhead grabbed a healing grenade from a satchel and rolled it at Rhi's feet. It detonated into a soothing green mist, which, as it came into contact with Rhi's wounds, eased the pain and slowly began to repair the flesh.

One of Quentin's arms had been grazed a tad, but it was nothing serious. The most annoying part was the fact that it had torn through his garments. He'd have to make sure he didn't accidentally splash something on it.

Now would probably be a good time to ready some of his stronger concoctions. He didn't trust this door. Doors often meant some level of intelligence. Intelligence was dangerous. The backliners needed to be careful. A clever foe might skip the frontliners all together, if possible, and focus the less combat-oriented first. He'd seen it happen before.

Quentin took out a rather small vial and uncapped it. Immediately a fume came off of the liquid inside. Hopefully this would calm everyone's nerves. After all it smelled like lavender.

Rhi marveled as the soothing mist started to affect his wound, repairing tissue, hide and scales back to their normal and natural state. He quickly pulled Manny's hand in an attempt to share the effects of the healing "bomb" with him, since he was also injured. When the process finished, Rhi tapped his chest a few times with both hands in awe, finally staring at Hammerhead for a few moments and trotting towards him, at first thinking of hugging him but then stopping a few feet away and looking up to him cheerfully. "Thank you!" he reconsidered, and then hugged one of his legs for a few seconds before disengaging. He paid no mind to the ripped cloth of his garments where the injury used to be as well.

Now he was inspecting the large door ahead of them, his ears drooping. "Well... Whatever is on the other side, it must be big... Whether it is treasure or..." he shuddered, "... creature..."

Due to his utter worthlessness in the fight, Battal has suffered quite a bit of injury.  There are two large, parallel, horizontal cuts on both sides of his body, presumably where one of the insects bit him.  Both of which are dripping with blood, staining his costume's chest red.  Numerous other cuts and bruises pepper the rest of him.

(Ugh sorry for the delay Forum maintenance screwed with my Schedule and I also had to do some College work to do. But now that this is all done and over with lets continue where I left off.)

For the first half of the text

for the other half

After a good rest you decide to investigate the peculiar door. It shows no way of opening it through natural meansso you start looking for hints to open it.

After a while someone suddenly hits a rather well hidden rune on the door. Suddenly a lot of blue veins run through the stone and the door slowly but surely opens up.

As you enter this new and unknown room you feel a sense of dread. Something was in here something evil but you can't put your finger on it.

The room itself looks rather strange. Like in the other one early on bones are scatterd all around the floor however these bones don't seem to belong to a full and proper skeleton. You see bones of all kinds of creatures ranging from humans, to giants and you can even see the skull of a small wyvern.

As you go further you notice a mysterious light comming from the other side. Carefully you approach it. It turns out that the light comes from a rather large Crystal that floats i the air. As you get closer it suddenly shifts its colour from a light blue to a dark red.

Suddenly a turmoil of ratteling bones can be heard. You quickly make yourself ready to dispatch yet another horde of skeletons but what you see is much concerning.

The bones start to assemble themself to form a body of a new creature. It has a humanoid form but the bones don't fit properly together instead only held together by foul and evil magic. Suddenly you notice that the crystal floats right next to the creature and embeds itself firmly into it's chest while more bones form a protective armor around it.

After a few seconds the monstrosity of bone assembled itself standing tall above the heroes. The Wyvernhead now firmly planted where the actual head should be has the same dark red glow out of his eyesockets that crystal showed previously. Slowly not used to his new body the Bonegolem starts lumbering towards you clutching his fists ready to smash anyone into a fine paste that opposes his master

(And that means one thing now Bossfight. These work a tad different then previous encounters instead of 1 action you do an action I say what happens and if it didn't kill the boss we carry on and he does something. And this goes till the thing is properly dead what means find a way to uncover the weakness and the destroy it (for this time the weakness is rather obvious it's getting to it that will be hard))

"By the gods, all of them! What frightening sight to recoil at! The crystal is certainly vital to this monstrosity. If we want to survive this encounter, we need to breach its osseous carapace."

Said armour doesn't look like it would burst by a simple bullet. Unsure what to do, the tinker attempts to retreat onto a ledge on the wall using his chainclaw.

Miles looked up at the monstrosity, hammer at the ready. Bones by themselves have no strength as there are no muscles to provide it, but there was no telling how much power this evil magic had imbued in the Bonegolem. Again the unpredictability of magic irritated her. The source of the magic animating it, however, was clear; the large crystal imbedded in it's chest. They just needed to pry back or break the bones there... An idea struck her.

"Manny! Get water between and around the bones in it's chest, then freeze it!" The Steam knight shouted, preparing herself to dodge an attack. Her plan for herself was to hopefully Juggernaut out of the way of an over head swing and then target the lower arm bones as it was recovering.

"Yes Ma'am!" Manny answered. It felt nice when his abilities came in handy. He did exactly as he was told. Manny found out what the gem did when all of the sudden he could control the color of the water. This wasn't the time for that right now though.

As they walked into the room Quentin's grasp on his vials tightened. This feeling was most unpleasant. The atmosphere wasn't much better either. There was an assortment of bones scattered about. He could really do without some more undead. Like seriously he had a lifetime's worth of those. Then the crystal came into view, and the distinct sound of rattling bones filled the room. He rolled his eyes. Seriously? Skeletons? Why did it have to be skeletons? It didn't even make him angry anymore. It was more annoying than anything else now.

Oh.

So he had miscalculated. Skeleton. Not skeletons. And an ugly one at that.

He backed up to make some space between himself, and the new foe that presented itself. It seemed like the others of the group had the same idea as himself. The crystal core was the monsters weak spot. They just needed to expose it and smash it—easier said than done—but it seemed Miles had a plan.

He didn't want to interfere so he held some stick potions at the ready. If some bones were to get blown off then he planned on using these to hold them down as to not let it reassemble. 

3 hours ago, Mr.P said:

As you enter this new and unknown room you feel a sense of dread. Something was in here something evil but you can't put your finger on it.

(I'll put my foot on it then.)

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

the tinker attempts to retreat onto a ledge on the wall using his chainclaw.

(From the window, to the wall~)

*earlier*

Renn puts the crystal back in his pocket and clears his throat.

*whispers* "well I'll keep it for later..."

*now*

Arrows are usually useless against armours and bones, but a critical arrow is much faster and stronger. Renn charges his bow for a critical arrow. 

<Please let this work...>

He shoots the arrow, glowing blue, faster than any other arrows he shoot before, aiming at the crystal

Hammerhead had chuckled as Rhi hugged his leg. His amusement seemed to lessen, however, as he saw the giant bone creature. After hearing Miles's orders to Manny, the bombardier decided he could help. He loaded up a cryobomb and launched it at the bones near the chest in an effort to freeze them.

Archived