[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Aranea smiled at Manny then looked up at the others. " Shall we continue on or do you wish to rest your minds more?". Venator only shook his head at Quentin "You have nothing to worry about alchemist," then looked over at Aranea. He walked over and grabbed Manny, pulling him off of her but said nothing.

(Manny how could you change your name? Now everyone has to be Miles!)

(So much out of character pls)

Quentin hesitantly accepted Miles' help. He wasn't quite sure where is his opinion of them stood. Their kindness was welcoming, but their rage was frightening. For the sake of his survival he had to think logically. Petty things like friends would create unnecessary emotional attachments, and make him vulnerable to attacks.

He nodded in thanks, and then brushed himself off. Abruptly he froze and turned his back to the group. He pulled off one of his gloves—which was rather difficult with tubing running through the back of his hand—and then reached into his coat. When his hand returned it was holding a small white rodent. An albino. He pet it tenderly with a single finger.

"Logic is totally lame, anyways. As long as stuff gets blown up, who gives a damn?" Hammerhead grinned and looked over to Quentin. "Oh, snap, a mouse? I love mice! One time I had this idea where I'd stuff a mouse full of gunpowder and a detonator and see if I could like lead them over to targets by throwing cheese. Kamikaze mice. It'd have been totally badass, but, uh... Gunpowder isn't very good for mice." He chuckled. "Where'd you get a white one, though? That's pretty cool."

(I think the part about Quentin turning his back to the group was underlined to emphasize that no one could see what he was doing unless they rudely moved around to nosily stick their nosy noses in his business look at it.

Could be wrong though.)

Miles flipped her face mask back down and turned around to the rest of the group, deciding to let Quentin do his things in peace. "Pit is right. We should move on."

(It isn't a problem, but as Mena said that means your character got into Quentin's biz)

Shucks. Quentin should've guessed someone would see her. Oh well. It wasn't the—What. Did. They. Just. Say? He put the small animal back into his coat, and slipped his glove back on. He held up a single finger. Its meaning was clear, "No touchies."

(Today will be a tad different then usual. Instead of choosing I will deliver a bit of what I like to call plotpoints. Maybe even something to buff the group for later encounters)

Still mourning about the death of their loyal companion you finally decide that you can't stay here any longer and move on into the dark hallway.

After a while you see a wierd kaleidoscopic light at the end of the tunnel. You remember seeing it before.

As you enter your blinded by light of different colours.

Crystals. The entire room was filled with them. Growing out of the walls and floor you see crystals of different form, size and colour. You also feel the slight tingeling of magic all around you. Even the members of the group who are not prone to the arts of magic can feel it in the air.

Maybe these crystals are of the same kind that the Black Knight used to kill Myth? Curiously you start inspecting them.

(So basicly what we will do now is you guys can try to come up with some crazy ideas for what these crystals may do. Can be anything really as long as it isn't rediciously OP. Either aks here or per PM and I will see what I like and what not.)

Grell went into the room filled with gems... his skin tingles at the energy coursing through the air... gems of different shapes, colors and sizes... one gem caught his eye... nay, a cluster of them... blood red... deep crimson... Grell touches them and they fall to his hand...3 shards... a whisper... "Blood for the Blood Gods..."

As this whisper repeats itself in his mind, he draws his bone axe on one hand and a Blood Gem on the other... he puts them together and a sudden flash of red painted his eyes... as he held his bone axe... it felt lighter, yet sturdier... harder... the whisper repeated itself... "Blood for the Blood Gods..."

(basically, the Blood Gems imbue weapons with life-steal capabilities or blood other magic) 

"Treat these with care until we have a better understanding of their properties." The tinker is trying to be cautious, but his curiosity gains the upper hand, as usual. Equipping the goggles and checking the gloves for holes, he prepares for a brief analysis of an inconspicuous cluster.

Rhi, upon entering the room, gets lost in its bright, pretty, luminescent, glittering, beautiful, alluring, amusing, perfect, shiny, twinlking................

yap.gif
rhi.exe has stopped working.

As the magical energies of the crystals flowed through her, Miles felt a swelling of contempt within her. She wouldn't take any of the crystals; all her equipment was enchantment free and would stay that way, even if it killed her. Applying any would betray her own personal quest. She didn't look down on the other party members for taking though. She knew everyone had their different view points and different paths, and the path of science, not of sorcery, was hers.

The Steamknight did have to admit though; they were rather pretty.

(Yes, I know this is the perfect time to grab a soul gem and implement that idea I had, but after I though about it I realized it wouldn't be something she'd do. Kind of a bummer, but it happens.)

Archived