[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

user_17308_XLZS4T76.gif

The tinker is at a loss of words. He has suspected Myth's extra-ordinary strength and self-esteem to kill him sooner or later, but... but not like this! Not to mention the immense power of the Black Knight. This... this master, is he just playing with the adventurers? Or was that the most he could do? No, magic powerful enough to reflect bullets, fire, ice and all kinds of magic alike, there is more where it came from.

Absentmindedly, Pit falls over some of the loot supplies Battal drags along.

(Being reminded of Alphonse gave me an idea: If Miles were to get her hand on a soul gem and weld it into her armour, then if she managed to die with the gem and the suit fairly intact, she could possibly come back possessing the suit.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen, but it's an idea.)

Miles gave a thumbs up.

Quentin opened up his eyes. He had a headache, and his eyes stung. Already? The timer hadn't gone off yet. No matter. He pulled out an eye-dropper from one of his pockets, and flipped open the goggle portion of his mask. Two drops each. Gah. It made it hurt more, and his vision worsened. At least it was only temporary. He retrieved a syringe from his coat and emptied its contents into his neck. He was still rattled by the hallucinations. It had all seemed so real. The recent encounter with royalty had made him emotionally vulnerable. A novice mistake.

He looked around and wrote into his journal:

Where's Myth?

Rhi was sitting close to Quentin as he recovered, playing a soft, yet sad, tune with his lute. No lyrics in his song, and he had a blank expression. He wouldn't be able to play for long since the alchemist started fidgeting and moving, utilizing his concoctions to return him to a sane state on his own. Rhi tried to help him up but he was too small to offer much assistance.
Still, as he read his question, the kobold replied with a hint of sadness: "He... He's been slain... And his soul trapped."

(I apologize before hand x_x)

So that part wasn't a hallucination after all. Quentin clenched his fists. It was an awkward fist clench due to his syringe tipped fingers. Then he opened up his journal to a particular page and added a tally. The entire page was full of them. And the previous page. And the previous page...  How long would it be before the name Myth left his mind and became nothing more than a tally? 

His mourning was short lived. His attention quickly shifted to his own well being. It was clear enough that his breakdown had caused some commotion. The fact made him anxious. He had never truly fit in the group. Not like the others. Now what would they think of him? A liability? Or maybe they had already thought of him as such? His boons to the group hadn't been anything special. The bard had provided much more useful advantages. "The Alchemist" was redundant. He no longer felt safe amidst his fellow adventurers. His gaze hopped cautiously from one face to the other. He had heard stories of dead-weight adventurers being left behind in dungeons. Would he see to the same fate? These weren't just his allies right? They were his friends too? Maybe even—Would they leave him to die?

He was grateful for the mask. It hid more than just his face. He lifted up his journal in trembling hands:

I let emotions best reason. This error will not happen again.

Rhi frowned and shook his head a little. "Don't say that. It's alright! I was worried there for a moment, as the rest were too." he set his small lizard hands on the journal and pushed it down a little, smiling. "Come, we all need each other more than ever now." he tugged on Quentin's wrist lightly.

Miles sighed with relief and chuckled lightly. "Quentin, it's fine. You don't have to apologize for having emotions. To be honest I never really understood the notion that emotions and logic are on opposite sides of a scale, like if you have a lot of one you can't have a lot of the other. Yes, strong emotions can cloud your reason at times, but if someone gets upset it's typically because of a reasonable and understandable cause."

The Steamknight cleared her throat. "Sorry, I'm rambling. But Rhi is right. We need to stick together now, both for survival and support. I don't really know what came over you, but if you ever need to confide in someone I'm sure most of us here would be willing to listen." She offered a warm smile and a hand to help the alchemist up.

Manny was quite glad that Venator hadn't stabbed him a million times for hugging Aranea, and began to hope that he wouldn't do that in the near future, as he hasn't ended the hug yet, and probably won't for atleast one more minute,

2 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Miles was quite glad that Venator hadn't stabbed him a million times for hugging Aranea, and began to hope that he wouldn't do that in the near future, as he hasn't ended the hug yet, and probably won't for atleast one more minute,

(REPORTED FOR CHARACTER CONTROL)

Archived