Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

It unleashes a guttural roar,  lunging forwards through the sky and taking a large portion of the clouds with it. Its webbed feet skim the water as it stabs its lower beak into the ocean like a mighty spade of bone. The wind whips against the ship as the beak moves underneath it at an alarming speed. They were being eaten!  The world around the crew goes black as the beak shuts, then, the waters inside begin to fight against the ship and the tursai carrying it as the creature rises into the sky again. After they settle, leaving the ship stable, there's an eerie silence hanging over them. The darkness is overbearing, and it begins to get cold, despite them now being in a monster's mouth.  

(I would suggest creating a light source so you can actually see. Welcome to the Laviacan Ferry!)

• Like 2

Angelle and Otto were also swallowed with the ship.

Famen makes a break for his bag and pulls out the bottle lantern just as the giant pelican closed his mouth. It was a bit dimmer than before, but still bright enough to light up the entirety of the ship. "Meri. *huff* Kindly tell me what the blazes that thing was...*huff*"

Noctimus is reduced to a shrieking ball of pain because Kate's tears are extinguishing his flames.

---

Malii is reduced to a whimpering, sobbing ball floating next to the boat.

---

Trevor has no idea what's going on.

Edited by Youknowwho

Meritursas desperately tries to swim away, but the bird's size and speed effortlessly catches up with him.  His eyes widen in terror as its beak slams shut around them, plunging them into darkness.

After a short delay (presumably from him cowering in panic), his lure and eyes flicker "on", creating a small beam of flashlight-ish light. 

Kate rubed her eyes and cheeks, frantically trying to stop herself from crying so she wouldn't hurt Noctimus. She wanted her blanket. She wanted her house. She wanted her parents. She wanted to be out of the wilderness and in her own bed with a full tummy and her mom reading her a story. She wanted to go home. She wanted to go home. She wanted to go home.

Kate only started sobbing more, so she shoved Noctimus off her so he'd stop being hurt. By now some of the boards around her had caught on fire.

Among the almost tar-black waters, deep, deep into them a ghostly white can be seen staring up at the ship and its inhabitants. Then, another. After that...? They blink in unison, a pale, dead, almost blue cluster of nearly blind eyes. Light deprivation. It's curious, now. It breathes, the ship creaks and rocks against it. Meritursas' lure, combined with the glow of the ship, are too much not to be noticed. It begins to float upwards towards them, slowly revealing more of itself. Sickly, soft outer shell. Tentacles that twist and twitch, seemingly involuntarily. A twisted set of teeth, jutting out of a gaping mouth of torn and rotting flesh. It's a young tursai, but... it looks sick. Very, very sick. 

Edited by LiptonPee
  • Like 2

Kate started wailing. She hadn't seen the sick tursai yet, but being swallowed by a giant bird monster, having hurt her friend with her fire, grief, homesickness, and the flames that now engulfed her were more than enough to make her bawl like the child she was.

Wiffleball was horribly disoriented. Everything that could've gone wrong, had gone wrong, and now they were all going to die inside a giant pelican. Fear bubbled up and gripped him in a tight stranglehold, strong enough that it took almost all of his willpower to stop himself from just seizing up and collapsing on the spot. From somewhere, he heard Kate's wails, and he turned to see her sobbing at one end of the boat. Kate was familiar; Kate meant safety. Wiffleball began stumbling towards her with a sort of single-minded determination, ignoring the flames flickering around her.

It took a good while, but Gyx finally got home, grabbed his bag of reagents, and swam back to the boat. Boy it'd be a killer. Usually it would take him half a day to get home and back, but he really needed to put pressure into it, limiting the trip-back time to only a few hou-- Hey is that a giant pelican?

Gyx was baffled at the humongous size. It HAD to be bigger than a continent. The only thing he expected to be gigantic in this world were the Tursai, and even the largest one he's ever seen couldn't dare compare to the size of THIS thing.

For the second time in just one day, Gyx inked himself. He only prayed that the giant beast wouldn't ignore him. Where the heck was the boat? Where was Crab?

Edited by wxps350

(*cough* Niella's way bigger :p )

Meritursas tastes the unfamiliar scent in the water before the deformed Tursai even arrives.  He growls at the hideous creature; just because they were trapped in this hopeless nightmare didn't mean they had to die by even more humiliating means.  He would still protect the ship.

It groans unintelligibly, coming close to examine the pretty lights, unfamiliar to the display of intimidation and warning. Its head breaches the surface of the water revealing a slimy, scarred and puffy face. Its eyes seem like glossy air bags as they scan over the ship as best as they can from the short distance. 

• Like 1

It feels a threatening presence, but is easily distracted by a voice in the water. It quickly picks up on Otto's scent after honing its senses in his direction. F...oo..d. Its teeth chatter with anticipation, mucous dribbling into the seawater below as its large mouth bounces excitedly.  

Spoiler

t3.png

ayy

• Like 9

Silven looked around at their surrounding, completely ignoring what's going on. Well Trevor never mentioned that hugging in rapid succession would summon a Markless giant creature to eat you. He vowed to only use hugs in small doses from now on as he quickly noted it in his journal. 

Edited by Mezukie
  • Like 4

(I'm guessing that thing doesn't get many mateships.)

Meritursas grunts in satisfaction as it swims away.  He didn't know what kind of Tursai it was, but it was by far one of the more hideous ones he had seen.  It reminded him strangely of himself...

He shakes his head, remaining alert.  So long as he kept these creatures away from the ship, they'd be fine.

• Like 4

(Is... anyone gonna save/help Otto and Angelle any time soon?)

Otto noticed the creature eyeing(?) him like he was a fresh bowl of Seafood Gumbo. "What?" he frowned at him "You wanna eat me? Well let's just say I'm way more than your stomach can handle. Don't believe me? Here, take a bite... if you can catch me" Then Otto dived underwater and sped off.

(AHH sorry my phone was completely dead so I couldn't log in to my Klei Forum account because of the Steam Guard stuff, BUT I AM HAVE FIX)

Cinis had landed on the boat barely before they were eaten by a massive bird. His body produced an okay amount of light. "Right... a bird larger than my mother. Curious." After realizing he had just been eaten by a giant pelican for a few moments, he noticed Kate cowering on the floor. "You remind me of the possesed little human girl. But with more crying." he said still looking down at her.

--

"I am... what just happened...?" Viridis said, baffled. "A-and what might that... creature be?!" she added looking at the malformed Tursai, shocked by it's appearance. 

• Like 2

(The ship deserves an award for surviving all this, and not breaking under the weight of many passengers two of which are dragons)

(and surviving the many "stop blowing holes in my ship" memes)

Edited by DwerBomb
  • Like 6