Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"I AM CAPTAIN DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Wheke walks away from the wheel because scary monster is scary. "IM DOING THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO, NOT BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME TO."

---------

Gilda sits beside Jaw, worried for her friend.

• Like 3

Crab swung his claws around, trying to break free from the ferocious beast's iron clamp. Gyx picked up Angelle, and pulled Crab out of his mouth. He then set the dog down. Obviously, Crab needed some protection. He had an idea once he glanced at his summoning book. He drew a small circle on the ground, dropped a beak and 8 white  feathers into the center.

"Urgatar, eight-winged vigil, I summon thee!" Thunder boomed with Gyx's words. The circle and materials dropped into it warped into a single beating heart. Well THAT didn't look like the pictures... Oh wait.

Gyx checked the margin of the book's entry.

Summoning Time: 5 minutes

The heart started growing tiny red blood vessels that snaked outward.

Otto didn't understand a word Gyx said (no really, can someone please translate? :/). Then he saw Angelle run off with the crab. "Bwahahahaha!" Otto laughed "looks like she's got the right idea" he wiped a tear from his eye "Good girl!" he shouted.

Then he heard someone right next to him. He turned his head. It was Silven. Ok that is way to close for comfort. Otto shoved his hand in his face, trying to push him away.

Then he saw Gyx trying to summon something. He saw the heart appear "You call that a monster?" he shouted out to him. Then he saw something weaving out of it.

Gyx held up a finger. Just a few minutes, please. 

The vessels from the heart snaked all the way in all directions. One that went furthest from the heart, had a pink fleshy mass sprout from the trip, and grow into the brain. A skull formed around the brain, and a spine started forming , and from it grew bones, in a shape almost recognisable as a giant owl.

"Ah! Sorry Trevor... you are right. Oh! This is Trevor. He's... a little human. Normally he's not this small, but he... uh..." Viridis didn't know why Trevor was as small as he was. 
"Psst, Trevor, why are... you so small again?" she whispered.

The almost complete owl was complete, and was almost bigger than any of the normal-sized boat passengers. Once it's skeleton started growing, more organs began to grow from the blood vessels. It was a gross sight, but still stomachable. 

But then it's vocal chords grew, and it started screeching. Once it's organs were grown, a layer of flesh oozed around it's bones, giving it a whole shape. Once all of it's meat and eyes were grown, a quick layer of pink skin covered the owl, and it stopped screeching. Hundreds of snow-white feathers shot out of it's body, and completely concealed the skin underneath. As a finishing touch, 8 thin wingbones grew from it's shoulders and back. Feathers rolled down them. The finished product was an white owl, a bit larger than a human, with 8 wings, that flew up and perched on the crows nest.

(Swim faster, Meri! SWAM LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SWUM BEFORE!!!)

Kate hadn't undertsood a lot of Gyx's reply, only catching a bit about how he was trying to help Wiffleball, but it didn't sound like he was apologizing, so she had turned around with a huff and her arms crossed before sitting down with Noctimus and her plush friend.

She had her back turned to, and was therefore unaware of the owl monstrosity that was being formed until it started screeching. She squeezed her eyes shut and covered her ears until the unbearable noise stopped. Now she stared up at the owl guardian with a mix of wonder, curiosity, and caution. 

Gyx pointed to crab. "Urgatar, Eight-Winged Vigil, Hear my command, and protect the Crab!" He cried. The owl nodded, and transfixed it's gaze on Crab.

Gyx placed his hands on his hips, and nodded "Rghlrght, nwgh ygh cghn gh hghm, pghck ghp sghm thghns, wghtght wrghyng ghbght wghts gghng tgh hghpn tgh crghb." Gyx started towards the railing. "Ygh kghds bgh ghd nghw, ghlrght?" Gyx hopped into the ocean, and swam away from the ship. Crab looked a bit uncertain that his one friend left him alone with a boat with an angry fire girl, and an otter, neither of which could take a friggin joke.

Edited by wxps350

4 minutes ago, wxps350 said:

Gyx pointed to crab. "Urgatar, Eight-Winged Vigil, Hear my command, and protect the Crab!" He cried. The owl nodded, and transfixed it's gaze on Crab.

Gyx placed his hands on his hips, and nodded "Alright, now I can go home, pick up some things, without worrying about what's going to happen to crab." Gyx started towards the railing. "You kids be good now, alright?" Gyx hopped into the ocean, and swam away from the ship.

(Translation complete.)

• Like 2

(somehow i missed five posts)

Meritursas stares up at the giant owl that had suddenly appeared on his ship.  He lets out an exhausted sigh and carries on.  Humans.

He looks over to Malii.  "If...you wish...to help...catch some food."  He says bluntly.

After the bird...thing had stopped screaming, Wiffleball realized he had been unconsciously pulling his ears. He let go of them, but they just sort of flopped downwards. Oh well. They'd fix themselves eventually, he supposed. At the moment, though, there were more pressing issues than his ears - specifically, a giant white owl on the deck. Wiffleball had no idea what to make of it, so he gently handed Noctimus over to Kate, then got up and walked over to inspect it.

Gilda looks at meri. "Stop talking! Reef. Now, you faint fish stick!"

--------

Wheke scans the water for any sign of the final ingredient they need, maybe the swelling ocean carried it a bit away from its home. 

• Like 1