Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Meritursas watches blankly as she swims away.  What kind of Tursai didn't know what an Aitivalku was?  Especially when they were an Aitivalku themselves?

He starts to go in the opposite direction.

Syndir clearly wasn't getting anywhere.

"You asked for it! My special attack! Perhaps this will get your attention!"

And thus the brewing of Syndir's specialty volcano coffee began, and when it was finished he dumped it overboard.

• Like 9

As Meritursas continues down the length of the leviacan's beak, he begins to notice things swaying out of place more and more frequently. Paranoia sets in. Where was the ship?

The coffee instantly goes cold in the freezing water, mixing into almost nothing among the salt and bacteria. 

• Like 4

Meritursas squirms nervously, his tendrils involuntary twitching and twisting.  The suffocating blackness and out-of-place freezing tempatures were unsettling.  At any second, the beak could start to tip back, and...

He shakes his head, trying to ignore his fear, and keeps swimming.

Crab wiped dirt from his face, and his eyes glew brightly. His opponent had expressed it's sheer brutality in battle, but it was time for it to die! 

Crab held his knife in both hands, as he leapt high into the air, and performed the SUPER AERIAL SPINCUTTER! 

Crab spun in mid air as he descended, and his blade glew yellow. It slashed at the terrible monster... Only to miss and cut the bone in half. And the attack was so intense that the knife disintegrated, and Crab fell on his back, absolutely exhausted.

And once again, the crab... er... well he lost, Otto thought to himself. He wasn't very creative or poetic at all. Meh.

He went back to eating the last of his fish. He was surprised Jaw hadn't seen it yet. Perhaps he could get another fish for him once he was done eating... or two.

"Mmm." Kate moaned in reply. She was so sleepy; it was hard keeping her eyes open.

~~~~~

Dragon wriggled to try to keep going downward, but alas, the treasure remained out of her reach and she fruitlessly floated back to the top of the briny mix. She dove again, and again, but came up even shorter than when she had dove off the boat. When she resurfaced the third time she roared and flailed her wings in frustration. They were right there! All the shinys she needed to make a huge horde were right there, right under her feet, and she couldn't reach them! Curse that crazy feline humans person! If it weren't for her she could still fly, and then she would be able to dive deep enough. 

Dragon stopped flailing and sighed dejectedly, looking at the tear in her wing as it lay on the surface of the water. Then she began to notice something. Tiny ice crystals were beginning to form on the edges of her wing, including the edges of the tear. It was slow going, of course, because salty water takes longer to freeze, but it did give her an idea. She started puffing little flurry clouds on her injury, gradually freezing the water spanning the gap until she was satisfied with it's thicc thickness. It was just a temporary solution, and not as flexible as she'd like it, but it would keep her in the air long enough to preform the necessary dive. Now she just needed a solid platform to launch off of. 

She paddled over to the wooden floaty thing, but, just as before, was having difficulty boarding it. Dragon whined loudly. 

(oh geez, I got a bit carried away. Sorry for the wall of text. ^-^')

• Like 1

Tiny Trevor stretched out, then noticed a strange creature holding his most prized possession. [He's never seen an otter before.]

"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Tiny Trevor yelled. Otto barely managed to hear the tiny fisherman yell. 

---

Malii shifted her attention from the blind captain to Viridis.

"oh! umm.....i...d-don't know......sorry..."

• Like 1

Something large begins to take form in the distance. Meri's greeted by the throat of the leviathan, only...

It's not empty. 

Spoiler

t5.png

It was afwul, and quite obviously in charge of something. A crab-like pincer clung to the bird's uvula, making it quite obvious the leviathan didn't have a gag reflex. Coiled in a tangled mass of black tentacles, with similar limbs jutting out like spider legs, another tursai stared back at him. It was hard to see the details outside of its face...

It speaks, "My child, why are you here? Are you lost?".

• Like 7

Meritursas stares at the giant abomination nestled in the bird's esophagus for a solid minute.

He runs away

He was confused as to why it was calling him child.  "i...am not...your larvae."  He replies.

"Nonsense," it croaks. "All descend from me, and from them descend more. You must be far down the blood line to not have heard of me... but... you look very simplistic for someone like that. I'm surprised you can even speak." It leans forward to stare through Meritursas, its sheer size causing the sand at the bottom of the beak to shoot up into the water in a cloud of debris. "Who do you think I am?"

• Like 1