Character Rebalance Discussion thread

I think Wolfgang and Wilson are too good, even with these changes these two characters are extremely easy to play as. As a solution I think Wilson's beard should decrease sanity slightly depending on how long it is and Wolfgang should move slightly slower

I agree with this.

please give us a way of controling abgil she is so anoiyng later game , and i cant raise smallbird. I have the perfect idead a music box when she plays she sister spawn it has a 2 day cooldown and if u dont use it in 3 days u get a chaged box wich can spawn him at day or spawn on two night/dusk in a roll

I don't understand why people suggest that Wilson's beard should make him lose sanity, it's a beard...and it's magnificent.

I think about it like this in cartoons (well some) people with long beards are crazy so i think thats why, others have their reasons. And have you played plants vs zombie recently? Crazy dave has a beard and he's mentally insane. Edited by monstermeat
added joke

Lol Wes... That may be op depending on how you use it, Any way!!!Wolfgang should have a slightly smaller sanity, wickerbottom should be slightly faster (+ 1/4 speed) but more fragile, Wendy's ghost's behavior should be changed, moves faster, doesent kill Wendy, doesent kill Chester, doesent kill pet birds, ect.

Maxwell should be afraid of the dark, making it possible for him to go insane easier, also doesn't make clothing items useless for him, but I'm not sure about that being the proper way to go about it

Also for WX maybe it should take a while to "install" the gears making it to where you can't just eat them and go "all done now I'm op!"Side note: Chester also needs a buff, I can't rely on him to Carry my stuff and not get killed

Edited by keyreper

• Developer

With Wolfgang's hunger ability affecting his health, does that mean he can lose health without taking damage orHe has health above the maximum cap until he takes damage?

Probably when his health changes the current percent health will stay constant. So the number will go down, but the meter will not change appearance.

Probably. It fits in to his secret backstory.

Secret backstory? I DEMAND TO KNOW! When will we learn more about the characters besides Wilson and Maxwell? I would LOVE for the other characters to have their stories fleshed out some more than the few hints given in descriptions.

Wolfgang

Positives:

[*]Larger stomach capacity

Negatives:

[*]Faster sanity drain in darkness and near monsters

Mightiness:

[*]The more full his stomach is, the more health he has and the harder he hits. If it is low, however, there are negative penalties. Calories burn faster with increased mightiness. The current mightiness level is reflected in the the character art.

What about pooping? :'(

Thanks for not adding dumbbells.

So, Wilson is staying the same, Willow has a reliable source of fire and an unreliable one, Wes has balloon animals now, WX has an upgrade system and reacts to the weather, and Wolfgang has a power system based off hunger. Making me want to play more characters then just Wendy already. Though I am interested on how Abigail will become even more useful (other then having the ability to summon her, we know that will be implemented), for she is already OP when I use her. And will papyrus finally be useful when playing the librarian, and what use will books be if implemented? Will we be able to perform elaborate rituals to infuse powerful single cast spells into the books that we can use... but that would make her Wickerbottem the witch, wouldn't it? Never mind! (and then continues chewing fingernails in excitement to see what Wendy will be getting)

I'm rebalancing the characters this update, and I thought I'd post the details here as I implement them. I'll update the OP as I get to more characters, so don't worry if you don't see your favourite yet. Also keep in mind that all of this stuff is tentative until the actual update comes out. We may have to adjust things if they are unbalanced or unfun.

Wes

Negatives:

[*]Doesn't talk (less feedback)

[*]Stat penalties (as before)

Positives:

[*]Has an unlimited store of balloons in his pocket. He can blow them up to make balloon animals, for a small sanity cost. They are pretty, you can push them around, and monsters might attack them. Popping balloons cause nearby balloons to pop.

This is hilarious, and I approve of it :3

A little tiny suggestion. Could you name the character's unique items more unique to them? As far I as I know, Willow's lighter is simply going to be a "Lighter," and it'd be nice to have it be named more specific to them, ex: "Willow's Lighter." The name might be too long, but whatever!

Wolfgang is still going to be a strongman, but it's going to be more... complicated than that. I need to work out the details with Kelly (the artist who's helping me with this stuff). I'll share more once I start implementing him.

Abigail is going to be a lot more useful.

Wickerbottom... I'm still thinking about. Something about books!

Maxwell is going to get some friends that he doesn't like.

The new guy.... he's... well... you'll know it when you see it.

So I imagine you can summon Abigail reliably now with the cost of some sanity? So is she available in day time now? How long will she stay? Does Abigail get buff or just more reliable than random?

post-12225-13764595367298_thumb.png

So I imagine you can summon Abigail reliably now with the cost of some sanity? So is she available in day time now? How long will she stay? Does Abigail get buff or just more reliable than random? [ATTACH=CONFIG]9193[/ATTACH]

I really hope you just drew that for that specific post lol

Oh no [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] what have you done to the poor wolfy! Man he is the strong man! He should not be sacred at all of any kind of monster or anything, he can get hungrier faster but, insane faster near puny little monsters? the battle should make him more sane than before! I agree about the mightness thing and i think it should make his sanity drain faster too since for a big man, being hungry is really disorientating! Please take that in consideration before finishing him.