Character Rebalance Discussion thread

I'm actually pretty happy with Wilson. He has baseline stats, and a weird little power with his beard growth. I'm not planning on changing him.

Aww... that's really unfortunate. Especially considering the wondrous and amazing love Willow and WX got. :(

Wes

Negatives:

[*]Doesn't talk (less feedback)

[*]Stat penalties (as before)

Positives:

[*]Has an unlimited store of balloons in his pocket. He can blow them up to make balloon animals (probably to a max number at once). They are pretty, and monsters might attack them.

Wes too feels like he needs a little more love at least IMO.

Well, he has baloon animals!

True. Maybe I'm very premature with my take on it, but... it's like... Willow and WX-78 especially... I TOTALLY want to play them and their new changes since they're so varied and interesting!I mean maybe that's just Wilson's design to be vanilla, but... I mean c'mon... just a little thing to just kind of push them in the more interesting direction would make it just perfect for Wilson and Wes IMO.

Put it into a spoiler tag. Please? I don't know enough about coding and whatnot to do it myself, and I will go insane thinking about it if you don't tell me.

umm im just a 12 year old boy and yet i figured out how to enable console commands and unlock all characters instantly but i cant figure out how to make a spoiler tag :drunk:

WesNegatives:Doesn't talk (less feedback)Stat penalties (as before)Positives:Has an unlimited store of balloons in his pocket. He can blow them up to make balloon animals (probably to a max number at once). They are pretty, and monsters might attack them.

pretty sure if we heard his voice wed be saying make him stop then not talking would be possitive :D

Wouldn't it be cool if Wx-78 slowly starts to look more awesome every time he eats a gear?Maybe he can grow taller?Or slowly get new artwork?Or change eye colour?

I support this. New plating, something like gradually getting more "blingy"?~Vel

umm im just a 12 year old boy and yet i figured out how to enable console commands and unlock all characters instantly but i cant figure out how to make a spoiler tag :drunk:[/quote=monstermeat;205228]

You know how when you click the button that makes letters bold, it puts the letters in a syntax? Just replace "B" on both sides with "SPOILER". :)

im agreed to wilson, his beard is very good to survive winter(beards r uwsum).to the point with the animal balloons from wes, i think spiders and hounds should attack meat effigy, because they looks like wilson.im agreed with willow too, making random fires when she is insane,it makes sense because she love fire very much, but it shpuld be when your sanity is under 40,what i mean is, it can burn your berry bush farm.aaand im still waiting for her origin.i think wendy can get a buff,like when abigail has low health ghost,also dead friends from her spawn to support her.it would be cool when wolfgang has some knockback abilities in combat.Wx-78 buffs hears good.im playing not much with him,but when the update came i will play more with him.wickerbottom should be buffed.i think her builded stuff(football helmet, spears, etc.) should have 200% durability.she could be slower than the other characters,she is an old lady over 60 or so.wes is good, but the thing with the ballon animals make him not more to hard mode, more like one of the normal characters.i think he should confuse enemies with his mime moves too, like the ''invisible wall pantomime move''

umm im just a 12 year old boy and yet i figured out how to enable console commands and unlock all characters instantly but i cant figure out how to make a spoiler tag :drunk:[/quote=monstermeat;205228]

You know how when you click the button that makes letters bold, it puts the letters in a syntax? Just replace "B" on both sides with "SPOILER". :)

WHAT IS THIS?! I'm the only Monster Meat

around these parts!

And I love the changes to willow and Wx-78 can't wait for the others!

WX-78

Positives:

[*]Can eat gears to boost max stats (Hunger 100 -> 200, Health 100 -> 400, Sanity 100 -> 300). It takes 15 gears to fully upgrade yourself (they carry over between teleportates).

Even in Adventure Mod?

This changes are really great.

I may have an idea how we could give some balance into the Wolfgang mix. How about everytime you run from a battle you loose sanity. This can be explained because hes the strongest and if he would need to run he would get a big hit on his ego because there would be something that is stronger than him (imagine it like a bully who suddenly gets bullied hiemself stuff like that can destroy mayn peoples psyche)

I like the idea of WX-78 rusting in the rain with his movements getting jerky and slowing him down until he eventually freezes in place. He'll need a craftable oil can. Oil can would have additional uses of speeding up crafting and crockpot machines.

Now hold on a bit. Is it just me or WX-78 now is getting pretty OP. I mean "Can eat gears to boost max stats (Hunger 100 -> 200, Health 100 -> 400, Sanity 100 -> 300)" I like the idea though not completely. I imagined when I have 400hp I'd just forget about kiting and just tank everything with nerves of steel. :) Wouldn't it be better if the gears are just the components for 4 different upgrades for WX - for health, sanity, hunger and damage. Sanity and hunger require less gears and other components and health and damage have double the cost or more. That way you could "spec" in exactly what you want and much later on you could have all the upgrades.

Currently I am not playing as Wolfgang because he has more health, makes things easyier and this takes away from the experience.

Also upgrade/item for WX that can remove the freezing effect when you are away from a heat source for too long. Machines shouldn't even feel cold.

If WX-78 ate a whole lot of gears... Like I mean A LOT... Would there be... INTERNET!?

Lol, you gave me an idea! WX could use the gears to make a mini copy of himself. Like a toy that follows you, picking up stuff on the ground for you.