Character Rebalance Discussion thread

Kevin, I really feel Wes is getting the short straw, while all other gets a "major" re-work Wes gets balloons and that is it. WX and Willow has these interesting systems while Wes is rather bland.Just letting you know my opinion~

Seconded, I know Wes is supposed to be hard mode, but some more stuff for him even if it doesn't really make that big of a difference would be really cool.I like all this talk of him making no noise so being able to hide better. Making him a character that is able to avoid combat easier fits in well with his theme of being useless. Perhaps a slightly larger enemy aggression range? this with his low health would really make combat a challenge. but this also means he should have a way to drop out of combat quick? so like something like a built in bush hat but a little worse?

The getting hit by lightning thing is interesting for WX, I still feel the rain damage is still pretty harsh. [MENTION=10028]tehMugwump[/MENTION] Make a no raindamage mod pl0x.

Edited by Gotheran

If the umbrella doesn't take damage when it gets hit by lightning/rain then I don't mind but if it does someone should make a mod for the umbrella (JUST THE UMBRELLA) to have unlimited durability :)

Reposting this, with an edit or two, so the mods don't miss it.Wes:Positives: That Balloon Animal thing.-So Silent, he has much better chances with the Bush hat, and the other hiding items.Negatives:What you haveWickerbottom:Positives:-Gets a Sanity boost from being near Science Machines and Alchemy Engines-Same as beforeNegatives:-Loses Sanity from Using Magical Items.-Does less damageWolfgang:Positives:-Is able to lift Boulders and move them.-Higher Health and Hunger.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity.-Unable to use Blueprints.Wendy:Positives:-Does not lose Sanity from being near Ghosts-Abigail will spawn on Half Moons, and sometimes, rise from graves. (Does not need to be dug).-Can Befriend GhostsNeutral:-Has a very small chance to become a ghost when dead, giving you a small cinematic of her being reunited with her sister in death. Just for kicks.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity-Spirit

Anyone like my barrier perk for wes on page 19?Here it is again incase it was missed.WesInvisible barrier. We all have seen mimes make those walls with thier hands and try to push on them etc. Well how about we give Wes the same sort of thing but in this case it actually makes a wall. What it does is if Wes starts to take damage and his HP drops below 25% he automatically makes a barrier around him. This can protect him while you heal or craft a quick log suit etc. The barrier can only sustain a small amount of hits before it is destroyed. Maybe 100hp. Plus you are unable to move around.

Edited by J20hawkz

If balloon animals aren't enough, he could also make balloon hats, so you can have a birthday party with your pig friends. I wonder, are these 'unlimited balloons' going to take an inventory slot? The OP did say "in his pocket", which is rather specific, and not necessarily the same as "inventory". Oh, and juggling balls as a weapon with short range! They'd do like 15 damage so you couldn't even kill a bird or rabbit with them. I have a mental image of beating spiders to death with juggling balls, and they just have that constant WTF?! look on their face. Probably too resource-intensive code-art-man-hour-wise I suppose. But would be funny.

WX-78 could dominate Adventure Mode (assuming he doesn't get A Cold Reception as his first level) with his gear upgrades. With the huge amounts of clockworks in Adventure Mode, he would upgrade to the maximum very quickly. He would have a rough start, but he would snowball and have a great late game. Darkness ain't got nothing on 400 health and 300 sanity. He would suit my tanking strategy (Marble suit, dark sword, shelmet, run up and murder) very well at his maximum potential. You could even make it so he changes his appearance as he upgrades himself.Willow would be pretty great at King of Winter. A main strategy of mine is to light stuff on fire to heat me up, and provide light at night. Her lighter would pretty much be amazing, with it's unlimited fire. I wonder if I could take it through the teleportato, and switch characters, giving a different character the lighter (can you still switch characters between worlds? I haven't activated the teleportato in survival mode in forever.

Edited by SharpNomo

WX-78 could dominate Adventure Mode (assuming he doesn't get A Cold Reception as his first level) with his gear upgrades. With the huge amounts of clockworks in Adventure Mode, he would upgrade to the maximum very quickly. He would have a rough start, but he would snowball and have a great late game. Darkness ain't got nothing on 400 health and 300 sanity. He would suit my tanking strategy (Marble suit, dark sword, shelmet, run up and murder) very well at his maximum potential. You could even make it so he changes his appearance as he upgrades himself.Willow would be pretty great at King of Winter. A main strategy of mine is to light stuff on fire to heat me up, and provide light at night. Her lighter would pretty much be amazing, with it's unlimited fire. I wonder if I could take it through the teleportato, and switch characters, giving a different character the lighter (can you still switch characters between worlds? I haven't activated the teleportato in survival mode in forever.

Holy NUTBALLS i just realised how OP that is/sounds.

But i wanna help them.

And do you want to hurt my new favorite character? I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to turn lightning to lots. Whenever it rained you would overload and get to turn the countryside to a blur with your speed boost from the lightning combined with a walking stick.

Wx-78 could potentially become the new Wolfgang, except it actually takes effort and time to get to that point, and you can lose it all at once by dieing. I'm very eager to know know what plans Kevin has for the remaining characters. We still have Wendy, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, and Maxwell left. (Although I really don't want Maxwell to change, unless it's absolutely necessary.)

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Wx-78 could potentially become the new Wolfgang, except it actually takes effort and time to get to that point, and you can lose it all at once by dieing. I'm very eager to know know what plans Kevin has for the remaining characters. We still have Wendy, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, and Maxwell left. (Although I really don't want Maxwell to change, unless it's absolutely necessary.)

Could you refer to the last character as "the secret character" or put it into a spoiler? Not everyone knows the ending of DS yet. I couldn't care less, but do it for the noobs :DAnd i'm sure Wolfgang will not change or get a slight nerf on either sanity or hunger.

people are saying that when wilson does grow his beard (in this update) he looses sanity faster the longer it is. Is this true? if it is true it would really help me know because if you ask me that should be implemented heres why: one you can ressuect yourself with the beard hair (kinda wierd but its helpfull)second: his beard with a puffy vest and beefalo hat keeps him wrm enough to where ha can go 1 day without any frost and with a heat stone at max its like extended from 5 min over a day to like 5min 45 sec over a day but then you still have to stand near fire after but if you ask me the sanity loss thing is the way to go like short is 4 sanity per min during day normal is 8 sanity per min during day and long is 18 sanity per minute during day

Edited by monstermeat

Could you refer to the last character as "the secret character" or put it into a spoiler? Not everyone knows the ending of DS yet. I couldn't care less, but do it for the noobs :DAnd i'm sure Wolfgang will not change or get a slight nerf on either sanity or hunger.

It's already been said a million times in this thread, and Kevin is eventually going to have to mention him anyway. Also, simply saying that he is playable does not really spoil the story. It doesn't explain why, or how he is playable. Edited by oCrapaCreeper