Character Rebalance Discussion thread

About wendy, how could be with the summoning of abigail related to an item? Maybe a flute, usable only at dusk/night at cost of sanity, that summon/seal abigail? And, in order to avoid spam, if abigail die you can't use the flute for some days (like the eye bone and chester)

im agreed to wilson, his beard is very good to survive winter(beards r uwsum).to the point with the animal balloons from wes, i think spiders and hounds should attack meat effigy, because they looks like wilson.im agreed with willow too, making random fires when she is insane,it makes sense because she love fire very much, but it shpuld be when your sanity is under 40,what i mean is, it can burn your berry bush farm.aaand im still waiting for her origin.i think wendy can get a buff,like when abigail has low health ghost,also dead friends from her spawn to support her.it would be cool when wolfgang has some knockback abilities in combat.Wx-78 buffs hears good.im playing not much with him,but when the update came i will play more with him.wickerbottom should be buffed.i think her builded stuff(football helmet, spears, etc.) should have 200% durability.she could be slower than the other characters,she is an old lady over 60 or so.wes is good, but the thing with the ballon animals make him not more to hard mode, more like one of the normal characters.i think he should confuse enemies with his mime moves too, like the ''invisible wall pantomime move''

in the game pure insanity is 30 and below

Wes:Positives: That Balloon Animal thing.-So Silent, he has much better chances with the Bush hat, and the other hiding items.Negatives:What you haveWickerbottom:Positives:-Gets a Sanity boost from being near Science Machines and Alchemy Engines-Same as beforeNegatives:-Loses Sanity from Using Magical Items.-Does less damageWolfgang:Positives:-Is able to lift Boulders and move them.-Higher Health and Hunger.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity.-Unable to use Blueprints.Wendy:Positives:-Does not lose Sanity from being near Ghosts-Abigail will spawn on Half Moons, and sometimes, rise from graves. (Does not need to be dug).-Can Befriend GhostsNeutral:-Has a very small chance to become a ghost when dead, giving you a small cinematic of her being reunited with her sister in death. Just for kicks.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity.-Refuses to dig graves.

Wendy:

Positives:

-Does not lose Sanity from being near Ghosts

-Abigail will spawn on Half Moons, and sometimes, rise from graves. (Does not need to be dug).

-Can Befriend Ghosts

Neutral:

-Has a very small chance to become a ghost when dead, giving you a small cinematic of her being reunited with her sister in death. Just for kicks.

Negatives:

-Has lower Sanity.

-Refuses to dig graves.

What ghosts will she be befriending if she can't dig graves to spawn them?

I think Wolfgang and Wilson are too good, even with these changes these two characters are extremely easy to play as. As a solution I think Wilson's beard should decrease sanity slightly depending on how long it is and Wolfgang should move slightly slower

Come to mention it, I should change that.Wes:Positives: That Balloon Animal thing.-So Silent, he has much better chances with the Bush hat, and the other hiding items.Negatives:What you haveWickerbottom:Positives:-Gets a Sanity boost from being near Science Machines and Alchemy Engines-Same as beforeNegatives:-Loses Sanity from Using Magical Items.-Does less damageWolfgang:Positives:-Is able to lift Boulders and move them.-Higher Health and Hunger.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity.-Unable to use Blueprints.Wendy:Positives:-Does not lose Sanity from being near Ghosts-Abigail will spawn on Half Moons, and sometimes, rise from graves. (Does not need to be dug).-Can Befriend GhostsNeutral:-Has a very small chance to become a ghost when dead, giving you a small cinematic of her being reunited with her sister in death. Just for kicks.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity.-Being around dug graves decreases her Sanity.=============================================================This is good, right?-Spirit

I think Wolfgang and Wilson are too good, even with these changes these two characters are extremely easy to play as. As a solution I think Wilson's beard should decrease sanity slightly depending on how long it is and Wolfgang should move slightly slower

Wilson is the starting character and Wolfgang is currently the easy mode character. Wilson should be relatively easy and Wolfgang still has to be reworked.

Come to mention it, I should change that.Wes:Positives: That Balloon Animal thing.-So Silent, he has much better chances with the Bush hat, and the other hiding items.Negatives:What you haveWickerbottom:Positives:-Gets a Sanity boost from being near Science Machines and Alchemy Engines-Same as beforeNegatives:-Loses Sanity from Using Magical Items.-Does less damageWolfgang:Positives:-Is able to lift Boulders and move them.-Higher Health and Hunger.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity.-Unable to use Blueprints.Wendy:Positives:-Does not lose Sanity from being near Ghosts-Abigail will spawn on Half Moons, and sometimes, rise from graves. (Does not need to be dug).-Can Befriend GhostsNeutral:-Has a very small chance to become a ghost when dead, giving you a small cinematic of her being reunited with her sister in death. Just for kicks.Negatives:-Has lower Sanity.-Being around dug graves decreases her Sanity.=============================================================This is good, right?-Spirit

stop spamming the same list.
  • Like 1

I think WX-78 is a little overpowered with these rebalancings. Maybe remove the gears? As of now the ability to not worry about spoilage, plus lighting healing you, PLUS the ability to have twice the amount of stomach and 4X the health is a little too much

I think WX-78 is a little overpowered with these rebalancings. Maybe remove the gears? As of now the ability to not worry about spoilage, plus lighting healing you, PLUS the ability to have twice the amount of stomach and 4X the health is a little too much

Yeah but the lightning will set stuff around you on fire which if you are in your farm is a huge problem.And Gears are hard to come by and are limited so you have to choose between a Ice Box, Divining rod Or more stats and from my experience i can NEVER FIND ANY GEARS EVER! Seriously i have survived to day 122 and still NOT ONE SINGLE F<censored> ING GEAR! (rage over)

he already said anyway that the values are subject to change. besides that fact, we don't have the rest of the characters to compare it to. one things for sure, i like new WX a billion times more than old WX.