[Game Update] - 576966

• Developer

Changes

• Deadly Brightshades will no longer target Weeds.
  • Added Crystal Deerclops, Possessed Varg and Armored Bearger Figures.
  • Table decorations will no longer be picked up by auto-pickers (The Lazy Forager, Polly Roger, etc.).
  • Hardwood Hat now protects against Lunar Hail debris.
  • The chosen scrapbook column configuration will be remembered the next time you open it.
  • Support Pillar now shows its protection radius when you are placing something else.
  • Polar Bearger Bin, Tackle Box and Spectackler Box are now immune to the Spore Cloud effect when they are closed.
  • Added Polar Bearger Bin and Blocky Ruins minimap icons.
  • Added music for the mutated boss fights.
  • Crystal Deerclops basic attack freezing power increased.
  • Crystal Deerclops has a new behavior pattern temporarily when recovering after being staggered.
  • New effects at the end of hunt trails that had the hunter being the hunted.

Bug Fixes

• Resting Horror no longer shows red FX when the Shadow Rift is not open.
  • Fixed Lunar Rift still terraforming tiles after it has closed.
  • Fixed Archive Security Pulses going after Spark Arks in inventories or containers.
  • Fixed a few more scrapbook entries that were impossible to unlock: Woven Shadow, Rose (Flower), Marble Sculptures, Sand Spike and Replica Relic Chair.
  • Fixed Nightmare Werepig Figure using a temporary art.
  • Fixed Ice Crystaleyezer failing to spawn Mini Glaciers and causing their spawn time to be longer than it should be.
  • Fixed Moonbound Walter and Wolfgang skin issues when talking.
  • Fixed Deerclops and Crystal Deerclops face overlap in their scrapbook image.
  • Added proper strings for the Koalefant carcass.

View full update

• Like 38

Can we get the missing giants sketches (Spider Queen, Treeguard, Lumpy Treeguard, Lord Of The Fruit Flies) at some point? Also it'd probably be good to clear up whether Poison Birchnut is a giant or a structure, since it's in the Giants tab on world settings, but not in the scrapbook.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, -Variant said:

This hotfix now officially directly confirms that Ewecus is a carnivorous ambush predator that hunts other mammals its own size.
Ewecusexplode.thumb.gif.36435d30ff7c470c55ebc6a2300b083f.gif

Well that's not absolutely terrifying or anything.

Now I will feed my Ewelettes exclusively meat.

• Like 2

I know this is going to be a picky suggestion, but can crystal deerclops have a palette that matches up with the other mutated bosses?

here's an example (the other details can be scrapped but i think clops need a couple more of crystral/mutation details)

fearclops.png

Edited by Pep61
  • Like 30
  • GL Happy 2

Hmm, can't say I'm a big fan of the Varg literally exploding out of the Koalaphant corpse. It's supposed to have killed it before the player tracked it down, right? I can't say that it going all chestburster out of nowhere really evokes that.

And what about how the Hounds are supposed to target the corpse? They can't do that if there's no corpse.

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

So with this new effect, do the corpses no longer have different stages from regular to skeleton?

20 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

And what about how the Hounds are supposed to target the corpse? They can't do that if there's no corpse.

This is only one of the events that can occur. You're still supposed to be able to find them eating the corpse, but in the case that they beat you to the Koalefant, this can happen instead.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, -Variant said:

This is only one of the events that can occur. You're still supposed to be able to find them eating the corpse, but in the case that they beat you to the Koalefant, this can happen instead.

Ah. In that case I redact my displeasure at the mistakenly assumed replacement.

it still looks weird and unfitting regardless tho

• Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 2

3 hours ago, Cassielu said:
3 hours ago, V2C said:

Crystal Deerclops has a new behavior pattern temporarily when recovering after being staggered.

Any hint? I did find some difference, but it doesn't seem to be what's being said here.

After recovering from the stagger state, it doesn't immediately re-grow the ice shard in its eye anymore.  Instead, it'll attack while having an exposed eye socket.  You can't stagger it again with fire until it regrows the ice shard.  

So, it'll walk around and attack in this state for a while:

deerclops_mutated-throw2.gif.cda186a972989326384f23b3c383831a.gif

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

5 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Crystal Deerclops has a new behavior pattern temporarily when recovering after being staggered.

I appreciate trying to make Crystal Deerclops harder considering he was so easily stunned, but this new behavior pattern is rewarding the player for running around Crystal Clops while waiting for the ice in his eye to respawn, it is rewarding not interacting with the boss unless it can be stunned.

I know the live update is close, but it would be a shame if the fight would be left like this since the design of the boss is really cool, it would be really appreciated if we had some reason to not simply run around Crystal Clops while waiting for the ice in his eye socket to grow and instead still have to interac a bit while waiting, maybe a reason to still use the fire staff prior to using it to stun? Maybe using the firestaff will proc the burning animation of the ice in his eye but only destroy/melt/stun the ice the second or third time you do it?

Edit: Someone pointed to me that Crystal Deerclops loses the freeze circle while in this new behaviour state and than I found out I can get 4-5 hits in while it has no freeze ring and it is recharging its back ice spikes. There is no need to change it seems like a pretty fun fight now!

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

I think you may have missed that it doesn’t generate that protective ring of ice in the melted state. You’re more than able to get in there and start fighting like it’s a normal deerclops

You are right!
Not like a normal Deerclops since he can chain 3 quick aoe meeles if you get close to fight, but you are right that we can get hits in now while he has no icefield, it is possible to get 4-5 hits every time it needs to recharge the ices on his back.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 2