[Game Update] - 576966

23 minutes ago, bjanmanjs said:

I noticed the ice shard in its eye abruptly regrows when it dies.

You are right, this is pretty weird, in the first video it doesn't regrow once it dies but in the second it does, I think in second video it was about to regrow the eye ice shard once it would be able to get up from the stunned state but I killed it before it. 

Edit: I just noticed I had just stunned it so it was not about to regrow the eye ice shard once it got up, I dont know what happened there.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

You are right, this is pretty weird, in the first video it doesn't regrow once it dies but in the second it does, I think in second video it was about to regrow the eye ice shard once it would be able to get up from the stunned state but I killed it before it. 

Edit: I just noticed I had just stunned it so it was not about to regrow the eye ice shard once it got up, I dont know what happened there.

I think it's because in the first video you killed it right after it started playing its animation for getting up, whereas in the second it was playing its stunned animation when it died.

5 hours ago, -Variant said:

This hotfix now officially directly confirms that Ewecus is a carnivorous ambush predator that hunts other mammals its own size.

Common misconception!

Adult eweci are actually herbivores and hunt prey its own size in order to lay eggs within their bodies. Parasitic juveniles then eat the live victim from the inside-out untill they reach adulthood. Their development is culminated by hatching from the prey's, at that point dead, bodies, not unlike a butterfly would hatch from its cocoon!

You're very lucky to have witnessed that process take place! Isn't nature just amazing?

• Sanity 20

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Common misconception!

Adult eweci are actually herbivores and hunt prey its own size in order to lay eggs within their bodies. Parasitic juveniles then eat the live victim from the inside-out untill they reach adulthood. Their development is culminated by hatching from the prey's, at that point dead, bodies, not unlike a butterfly would hatch from its cocoon!

You're very lucky to have witnessed that process take place! Isn't nature just amazing?

Sounds pretty similar to what the Gestalts seem to be doing tbh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

You are right!
Not like a normal Deerclops since he can chain 3 quick aoe meeles if you get close to fight, but you are right that we can get hits in now while he has no icefield, it is possible to get 4-5 hits every time it needs to recharge the ices on his back.

im pretty sure you can stay in melee zone to not trigger ranged attack and dodge melee attacks to deal much more damage

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

I appreciate trying to make Crystal Deerclops harder considering he was so easily stunned, but this new behavior pattern is rewarding the player for running around Crystal Clops while waiting for the ice in his eye to respawn, it is rewarding not interacting with the boss unless it can be stunned.

I know the live update is close, but it would be a shame if the fight would be left like this since the design of the boss is really cool, it would be really appreciated if we had some reason to not simply run around Crystal Clops while waiting for the ice in his eye socket to grow and instead still have to interac a bit while waiting, maybe a reason to still use the fire staff prior to using it to stun? Maybe using the firestaff will proc the burning animation of the ice in his eye but only destroy/melt/stun the ice the second or third time you do it?

I dont think you are meant to spin around like in that video, when his eye is exposed he does the melee attack os normal deerclops aswell so its kinda intended that you go for melee hits aswell

I think its better right now since before it was literally staff, hit, repeat

• Like 2

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

This hotfix now officially directly confirms that Ewecus is a carnivorous ambush predator that hunts other mammals its own size.
Ewecusexplode.thumb.gif.36435d30ff7c470c55ebc6a2300b083f.gif

How did that happen? You just followed the trail? Does the moon rift need to be turned on?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

You are right!
Not like a normal Deerclops since he can chain 3 quick aoe meeles if you get close to fight, but you are right that we can get hits in now while he has no icefield, it is possible to get 4-5 hits every time it needs to recharge the ices on his back.

You can dodge the melee by going behind them.

Edited by Jakepeng99

13 hours ago, Jaud75 said:

@V2C Is Shadow Prison supposed to work on the gestalt? xd

image-110.png

I mean, yeah it's funny and all I think...

But I'm worried that bad Maxwell players will misuse this and make all the rest of the players wait several minutes(or even have the Gestalt locked up FOREVER if they have the Bone Helmet, preventing the battle from starting at all) and end up overwhelming and boring everyone else.

As a loyal Maxwell main, I am obliged to notify this to protect the integrity of my pal(Maxwell my beloved :love_heart:)

The last thing I would like is for Maxy to gain a bad reputation among players!:wilson_dead:

Klei: Introduces fun, obscure mechanic.
Forums: "THIS CAN BE GRIEFED!"

You do realize that if a player really wants to grief you here, they could just pull out a torch and destroy the corpse before it reanimates, right? Better nerf Willow, just to be safe.

Edited by cybers2001
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Sanity 1

13 hours ago, Jaud75 said:

But I'm worried that bad Maxwell players will misuse this and make all the rest of the players wait several minutes(or even have the Gestalt locked up FOREVER if they have the Bone Helmet, preventing the battle from starting at all) and end up overwhelming and boring everyone else.

This is true and all, but (and I worry I'll start something by bringing this up) they can just stop the gestalt from reaching the corpse by burning it with a torch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

This is true and all, but (and I worry I'll start something by bringing this up) they can just stop the gestalt from reaching the corpse by burning it with a torch.

I mean I’m on Xbox and can’t play the new content update until next week, but- From the information I’ve been able to gather through these forums, in order to even get the Lunar Deerclops & Lunar Bearger to show up it’s under some very specific circumstances..

You need to have a dead corpse of a Deerclops or Bearger Nearby during a Lunar Rift for Gashalts to posses, correct?

When the hell is anyone realistically ever going to have all those things happen?

Unless I’ve got some misinformation here.. someone please tell me!

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You need to have a dead corpse of a Deerclops or Bearger Nearby during a Lunar Rift for Gashalts to posses, correct?

You need to kill Bearger/Deerclops/Varg when a lunar rift is active.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean I’m on Xbox and can’t play the new content update until next week, but- From the information I’ve been able to gather through these forums, in order to even get the Lunar Deerclops & Lunar Bearger to show up it’s under some very specific circumstances..

When the hell is anyone realistically ever going to have all those things happen?

Yes, I believe it's possible to miss the fight entirely if it so happens there's no rift open. This can be further frustrated by the fact that rifts tend to be open for days before you get the illuminated sky effect, so you're either coinflipping or waiting for that window to present itself.

• Like 3

You just need to kill deerclops/bearger when rift is active. Just this. Wait a few seconds and you can fight the lunar version. 

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

A gestalt will automatically spawn to infest the killed boss.

The Rift just need to be there, not at max strenght, so It's not that big of a deal

2 minutes ago, Sacco said:

A gestalt will automatically spawn to infest the killed boss.

The Rift just need to be there, not at max strenght, so It's not that big of a deal

That would depend on a variety of different factors, such as but not just limited to: the settings the player has applied to a world.

For example- if you set season lengths to shortest time, seasons last 6 days each, if you set seasons to longest- Seasons last 50 days each. 

I suppose everything works pretty flawlessly on default settings, but what about for the players who play Lights Out Mode or change season length?

My point being that maybe instead of having these things spawn under very specific circumstances, maybe a rift should just open up and drop one onto the map regardless of if there was a recently killed carcass to posses nearby or not.

That would depend on a variety of different factors, such as but not just limited to: the settings the player has applied to a world.

For example- if you set season lengths to shortest time, seasons last 6 days each, if you set seasons to longest- Seasons last 50 days each. 

I suppose everything works pretty flawlessly on default settings, but what about for the players who play Lights Out Mode or change season length?

My point being that maybe instead of having these things spawn under very specific circumstances, maybe a rift should just open up and drop one onto the map regardless of if there was a recently killed carcass to posses nearby or not.

It'll work the same even in lights out and shorter seasons.

You have to wait some time to kill these bosses because their loot is VERY VERY good, therefore i don't see any problem about it.

• Like 1

I still don't like how obviously telegraphed the ice shard slam is, it makes the fight so easy and, kinda wrong, idk. If it has to have the AoE circle, at least change it to an ice effect to keep it in line with all the other effects of the boss, and maybe even make it slow you down if you stay in that area before the hit, to add some more challenge to it (and no, I'm not one of those "uncompromising" players, I just think that the mutated clops is still too easy, to a point it's not much fun to fight.

24 minutes ago, Pe Dabliu said:

I still don't like how obviously telegraphed the ice shard slam is, it makes the fight so easy and, kinda wrong, idk. If it has to have the AoE circle, at least change it to an ice effect to keep it in line with all the other effects of the boss, and maybe even make it slow you down if you stay in that area before the hit, to add some more challenge to it (and no, I'm not one of those "uncompromising" players, I just think that the mutated clops is still too easy, to a point it's not much fun to fight.

What if Deerclops smashed the ground and a circle of ice formed around her & you large enough to still dodge and kite, but not large enough to simply run away from its attacks?

This would be cool to see in multiplayer TBH, if one player is fighting the boss up close while another is a safer distance away hitting it with ranged weapons, the Ice Circle wall that spawns temporarily would do two things:

1- Prevent players from easily dodging out of the way of Deerclops attacks.

2- Prevent players who aren’t in the circle dome during the time that it’s up from attacking the Deerclops.

Or the TL:DR- Deerclops has her very own Umbralla Effect to seal players in close/ keep others away from her.