[Game Update] - 576966

2 hours ago, Pe Dabliu said:

I still don't like how obviously telegraphed the ice shard slam is, it makes the fight so easy and, kinda wrong, idk. If it has to have the AoE circle, at least change it to an ice effect to keep it in line with all the other effects of the boss, and maybe even make it slow you down if you stay in that area before the hit, to add some more challenge to it (and no, I'm not one of those "uncompromising" players, I just think that the mutated clops is still too easy, to a point it's not much fun to fight.

Not every boss fight has to be super complex. It's a fair upgrade to Deerclops, who normally has an even simpler combat pattern.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I suppose everything works pretty flawlessly on default settings, but what about for the players who play Lights Out Mode or change season length

Lights Out Mode doesn't really do anything to the spawn mechanics of both the rifts and the bosses

as for shorter seasons, rifts stay for 15 days and has a cooldown period of 5 days

I believe its still possible to line up rift presence with the current season. You can force spawn deerclops with the hostile flare anyway. Vargs spawn with hunts that you can leave for later. The same goes with bearger spawns.

5 hours ago, Pe Dabliu said:

If it has to have the AoE circle, at least change it to an ice effect to keep it in line with all the other effects of the boss

I second this. We never had attack or ranged aoe field indicators with any other mobs and bosses in the game before. Even with CC third phase, we just had to predict the lasers the moment CC is about to fire em

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mykenception said:

I second this. We never had attack or ranged aoe field indicators with any other mobs and bosses in the game before. Even with CC third phase, we just had to predict the lasers the moment CC is about to fire em

If by indicator you mean something that doesn't exist in-universe and is just there to indicate to the player what an AoE attack's radius will be, then I believe you're correct, but if you mean any warning of an AoE attack's radius, then Antlion does have in-universe indicators for all three of her attacks:

Cave-in boulders show shadows where they're going to land (though how there are shadows even in the parts of the caves where there's no sunlight is a mystery), sand spikes appear as sandy circles on the ground right before jutting up, and sinkholes appear as circles of crumbling ground briefly before they start dealing damage.

I agree that making the attack indicator an in-universe ice effect would be more immersive.

3 hours ago, bjanmanjs said:

If by indicator you mean something that doesn't exist in-universe and is just there to indicate to the player what an AoE attack's radius will be, then I believe you're correct, but if you mean any warning of an AoE attack's radius, then Antlion does have in-universe indicators for all three of her attacks:

Cave-in boulders show shadows where they're going to land (though how there are shadows even in the parts of the caves where there's no sunlight is a mystery), sand spikes appear as sandy circles on the ground right before jutting up, and sinkholes appear as circles of crumbling ground briefly before they start dealing damage.

I agree that making the attack indicator an in-universe ice effect would be more immersive.

I guess I totally missed the parts of antlion's attacks. My mistake there

I support the ice indicator being more of an "icy" effect", yes

While we’re on the “klei pls allow us to put items on things” train I would like to add the ability to put stuff on stools (for showcase) and for most items to be allowed on tables like hats, foods, items  and honestly if they just made every thing that can be stored in the inventory able to be placed on tables that would be great.(also I second end tables and relic table things)

Edited by RonanMcQ
Grammer
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

17 hours ago, Nogard78 said:

You just need to kill deerclops/bearger when rift is active. Just this. Wait a few seconds and you can fight the lunar version. 

for deerclops, just have hostile flares ready in winter when rifts are active.

and for bearger, just leave him and remember here you left him (should probs put him near bq) to come back to him after rifts are confirmed open. 

varg, you jsut hunt more often when rifts are active. never rlly had an issue with this ever since beta started

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

What if Deerclops smashed the ground and a circle of ice formed around her & you large enough to still dodge and kite, but not large enough to simply run away from its attacks?

lmao literally just uncompromising mode deerclops X)

I’ve just been using the ice crystalizer and I have a question: in summer dose it freeze you? Because if it dose then it is useless to a large amount of the player base who play with wild fires off. I can cool down easily via ice Chester so if the ice crystalizer makes me have to warm up (which is much harder with having huddle near a furnace) that it is only downsides. Idk it could just be that summer hasn’t gotten hot enough for it to even out but if this is true then the spark arcs usability is drastically decreased for me and one of the main parts of this update is not needed anymore because you only really need to craft one polar bearger bin and howlitzer. I know that is mainly just a worry for players with wildfires off (which I think is a lot but correct me if I’m wrong) but it seems unfair to have an item that is very expensive and quite a luxury with an already (all be it minor) downside with the ice ring have a major downside of freezing you. Sorry if this came off as angry I’m not trying to be rude this update is amazing and the changes you have made from our feed back is genuinely great but I just got into summer and was annoyed at this downside. (If this turns out to be a misunderstanding on my part I am so sorry and I will delete this)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, moosejuiced said:

Will split screen lag on Xbox be fixed today? It’s okay if not, just wondering what to do with our lives if not haha. Thanks Klei! Y’all are great

If probably won’t be fixed for a few day or maybe even until the full release, just report it in the beta bug tracker and they’ll get to it soon 

7 hours ago, RonanMcQ said:

I’ve just been using the ice crystalizer and I have a question: in summer dose it freeze you? Because if it dose then it is useless to a large amount of the player base who play with wild fires off. I can cool down easily via ice Chester so if the ice crystalizer makes me have to warm up (which is much harder with having huddle near a furnace) that it is only downsides. Idk it could just be that summer hasn’t gotten hot enough for it to even out but if this is true then the spark arcs usability is drastically decreased for me and one of the main parts of this update is not needed anymore because you only really need to craft one polar bearger bin and howlitzer. I know that is mainly just a worry for players with wildfires off (which I think is a lot but correct me if I’m wrong) but it seems unfair to have an item that is very expensive and quite a luxury with an already (all be it minor) downside with the ice ring have a major downside of freezing you. Sorry if this came off as angry I’m not trying to be rude this update is amazing and the changes you have made from our feed back is genuinely great but I just got into summer and was annoyed at this downside. (If this turns out to be a misunderstanding on my part I am so sorry and I will delete this)

I do know that the temperature is needed to prevent wild fires and whatnot but I still think that it should do that without the temperature downside

• Like 1

I see a lot of people not liking hail due to losing the wetness mechanic from rain, so I just had an idea: What if, instead of replacing rain, hail would be an added weather during winter (maybe also summer?) instead and we can keep regular rain during spring and autumn?

• Like 1