New Beta Update live - Skill Spotlight: Wormwood, Wolfgang, Woodie.

10 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I'm loving this so far! they are addressing the low ends of the character reworks in one go. Thank you!!
Can't wait to see what Winona, Walter and Willow come with :love_heart:

I knew you would like this! :]

Go try the new Woodie, I personally love it! :wilson_laugh:

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

Since wormwood is able to craft berry bushes using juicy berries and juicy berries with normal berries, their position should probably switch on the skill tree so that in a juicy berry world the normal bush is first and in a juicy berry world the normal berry is first since right now you need a second insight point just to get the crafting ingredient for the first bush.

I haven't tried the new update yet but I remain optimistic and positive about it. Repairing the brightshade and cowl items is a step in the right direction, although I wish the cowl kept it's acid immunity.

Skill trees for each character seems like a good thing to me, I really look forward to seeing what Willow gets. I've always felt that there should have been an endgame item that the player could obtain that universally buffs their base character perks(sort of like the arcane knowledge pouring into you) and a skill tree is a nice enough way to implement that.

• Like 1

The skill tree updates I would like, in order

Scouts and Pillages update: Walter, Willow, Wigfrid (skill trees)

Sparks and Gizmos update: WX-78, Winona, Wanda (skill trees)

Spooks and Freaks update: Webber, Wortox, Wurt (skill trees)

Seas and Islands update: Wes, Warly, Wonkey (skill trees)

Brews and Spells update: Maxwell, Wicker and Wendy (skill trees)

Edited by JJ0264
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

The skill tree update I would like, in order

Scouts and Pillages update: Walter, Willow, Wigfrid (skill trees)

Sparks and Gizmos update: WX-78, Winona, Wanda (skill trees)

Spooks and Freaks update: Webber, Wortox, Wurt (skill trees)

Seas and Islands update: Wes, Warly, Wonkey (skill trees)

Brews and Spells update: Maxwell, Wicker and Wendy (skill trees)

I was considering making a cook skill thread with Walter Willow and Warly, more for brainstorming than anything serious, but considering their shared skill is cooking with a lighter, it would be interesting to make it more useful to everyone, even if it branched off later

Definitely do not like this change. I thought it was neat at first with Wilson and unique and that it fit him, adding them to every other character with weird useless skills is not the way to go. Most characters will just have a set in stone set of abilities that everyone will pick every run without any diversity, which is the main thing skill trees are trying to add. Completely contradictory to each other.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I was considering making a cook skill thread with Walter Willow and Warly, more for brainstorming than anything serious, but considering their shared skill is cooking with a lighter, it would be interesting to make it more useful to everyone, even if it branched off later

maybe to make them more varied

Willow's lighter can cook half a stack for 5%-10% 

Walter can cook 2 ingredients at a time

Warly can uses crockpot in general 25% faster

Edited by JJ0264

13 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

maybe to make them more varied

Willow's lighter can cook half a stack for 5%-10% 

Walter can cook 2 ingredients at a time

Warly can uses crockpot in general 25% faster

While I would want a lot of variation between them, I'd like them to share a small number dedicated to outdoor cooking, but with Warly being tied to cockpot dishes, I'm stumped

15 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

While I would want a lot of variation between them, I'd like them to share a small number dedicated to outdoor cooking, but with Warly being tied to cockpot dishes, I'm stumped

maybe Warly can make a steamer, cooks half the speeds of Wilson but automatically cooks 2 stacks while Warly is away

Maybe Warly gets better dishes? Like a meatball made in a crockpot gives 62 but when made in warlys crockpot it gives 75 or something. Not too busted but helps with his stomach, also bring back the ability to eat raw foods even at the dramatic nerfed hunger return.

With Woodie's skill tree I'm going, 

All 4 embrace cursed path

All Were-moose path (since you can only have 1 full were path)

All 3 tree guard path (since you can uses tree guard as hound killing machine when paired with bush hat)

If your in a team with a wicker/maxwell (light path) every other time (dark path) as not dealing with shadows as were-form is great

For the last 3 I'd go with faster picking as your always going to pick stuff

I don't understand why some people don't like the idea of skilltrees, it kinda gives me old DS vibes and also encourages new players to kill the Fuelweaver and Celestial Champion (to get the new shadow or lunar affintity) 

• Like 10
  • Big Ups 1

Woodie still has his sanity drain while transformed.  and you can't offset this with equipment at all so I would prefer a perk to assist with this.  But other than that I think that new Woodie is fantastic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimagine said:

Woodie still has his sanity drain while transformed.  and you can't offset this with equipment at all so I would prefer a perk to assist with this.  But other than that I think that new Woodie is fantastic.

This feels intended as with his idol perk sanity loss is his only cost and with nightmare alignment shadow creatures won't be a problem until you revert.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

This feels intended as with his idol perk sanity loss is his only cost and with nightmare alignment shadow creatures won't be a problem until you revert.

Its probably fair, but it does make high sanity drain fights difficult considering you can't restore any sanity when shapeshifted.