[Game Update] - 546159

Silly perk for Wilson: Nitre Torch. For some negligible cooling on the go + light

Kind of wondering, since Inspiration got changed to Insight- I assumed the points were called that partly because they appear (kind of) randomly, it's an "Inspiration strikes!" Thing. If it's Insight now though, maybe there will be some other way the points are acquired?

+ Still curious if we'll get a in idle :juggling:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Nightmare Werepig is now found in the Caves instead.

Updated designs from this change:

Nightmare Werepig

Spoiler

daywalker_imprisoned-chain_break.thumb.gif.8027c283bfef8f77539121bbd8551a7e.gif daywalker_phase1-attach_left_leech.thumb.gif.ba7469155dd011ac12dfc579e6ba8de0.gif daywalker_phase2-walk_loop.thumb.gif.a8bf02b53af5e4eac879dc1b9a5357d7.gif

Cracked Pillar

Spoiler

daywalker_pillar-idle.thumb.gif.5d72ebff8e75cfdcce19ea232526c008.gif daywalker_pillar-fall.thumb.gif.90bd952edffe2fb4ca2b52f9f6122b0b.gif

Dreadstone

Spoiler

dreadstone-idle.gif.8c5146527ab0cb3f16bc148ec93b804e.gif

Dreadstone Armor

Spoiler

armor_dreadstone-idle.gif.94da616e47f05ca5893920a8f00c0c1e.gif

Dreadstone Helm

Spoiler

hat_dreadstone-idle.gif.8c77575dd690875052134f101f1d4371.gif

Pure Horror

Spoiler

uc?id=1JacD-zVnIaUnd_l4Fd_mKBYzB3RqZNAA

EDIT: Missed the updated main menu animation

Main Menu Animation

Spoiler

dst_menu_wilson.thumb.gif.f1909a650109123cc945c2dc891fcf73.gif

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Wavey 1

8 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

snip

Now that Daywalker is on the Caves I can see why the colors are more red to give the impression of being closer to the ruins but I liked more the pink on the Pure Horror and Dreadstone.

Also, should it's name be changed since now it's not present on the surface where the daylight is?

Edited by Just-guy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Nightmare Werepig is now found in the Caves instead.

I've got to admit... this blows.

The caves are unbearably barren and empty, they feel like roads to bosses.

You go in, fight Toadstool, get loot, leave.
Now, you go in, fight Daywalker, get loot, leave.

I feel like adding the Werepig to the caves only enforces this, and doesn't actually provide more "life" to the caves.
Also it doesn't feel fitting to me. A surface mob in the caves surrounded by surface pillars. Eeehhh...

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

Also, should it's name be changed since now it's not present on the surface where the daylight is?

The official name and the one that's actually visible to the player is "Nightmare Werepig", that's what you see when mousing over it. The name "daywalker" is an internal thing that wouldn't be worth the headache to change, since it's not something the player is meant to see. If anything, maybe it'll confuse modders for a second or act as an interesting fun fact about how the feature was changed in development :p

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Master_NiX said:

Except before it was 9:1(4:1 via craft) since there was no Blue to Red recipe. So say you got only red gems, even before this update it was 4:1 (3 red to 1 blue, and 1B/1R craft) or 9:1 cost for 9 Red Gems. Now it's way more versatile, and allows you to get the gem you seek instead of a one way trade. To me it's a buff rather than a nerf.

9 to one if you do it the worst way possible maybe lol  What are you using a purple gem for without the magic tab?

If you have just 4 reds then you 3:1 for 1 blue and use magic tab to do 1 red + 1 blue.  The difference is that we're at that conversion both ways to purple, where before you would get the cheaper 3:1 blue to purple.  It was a cool advantage of blue gems which are normally the ones to pile up anyway...

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I feel like adding the Werepig to the caves only enforces this, and doesn't actually provide more "life" to the caves.
Also it doesn't feel fitting to me. A surface mob in the caves surrounded by surface pillars. Eeehhh...

From the start Nightmare Werepig required of you to get pick/axe or use some specific character perks, I don't get why so many people are against him being in the caves. His darker theme doesn't fit the surface biomes that he spawned in and it was just another setpiece that you had to work around when building. There's also the benefit that he is in the mud biome in caves so you'll find him on your way to ruins.

I agree with you that caves are barren and that having this boss there won't help much but its a start, how many bosses does the overworld have compared to caves? Most of the cave biomes don't provide almost anything for you and for caves to get the content/resources they need it would require a monumental work on the klei's side, probably whole yearly roadmap dedicated for them.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 15

10 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I don't think I've heard of many people complaining about a lack of blue gems though.  Winter is the first season to start granting gems and we get hounds via mac tusk as well as mounds and hound waves well - many take to the caves where many are on the surface for both winter and spring - making blues pile up quicker.  They also have less uses then red gems so they're not as likely to become depleted even without farming.

Please do keep in mind that a dead player can “Haunt” Regular hounds to change them to Fire or Ice or Vice-versa.. this is a feature I really wish Wendy would’ve gotten by being able to command Abigail to “Haunt” things, to trigger whatever effects haunting stuff does, because having another player intentionally die to haunt stuff is completely frustrating.. however it’s still a completely over-looked and forgotten about feature that people can still use to trigger & get gems even before summer or winter even starts.

Theres also the Varg if you can find him.. 

anyways my point is you don’t have to wait till Winter or Summer to get Blue/Red Gems.

And on a completely unrelated note- I think the DreadStone and Nightmare pig looked better with the grey/pink tint to it, not sure why it was changed to red.. but ok.

• Like 3

The werepig is easier to find now.

It would probably be more interesting if they have made a creepy ruin-looking island and it’s sitting there alone, sure, but then the problem and complain that would arise with that would be -“I can’t find it” or -“now I can’t rush it in the first 10 days because I don’t know where it is and the ocean is boring/expensive”

Anyway

If you advance to a certain point in pearl’s quests, maybe she should become into an ocean guide. Basically at an increasingly high price she trades knowledge too. Like she tells you where the pirates are, or waterlogged biomes, or salt biomes, or other (soon to come?) new places of interest at an increasing price. She could even reveal Sunken chest places at a price.

And obviously the only thing she won’t know is where crab king is (there are other ways to locate him anyway)

I think this could fix a few problems the ocean has and future updates to it. And make Pearl more relevant throughout the game.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I dunno it’s a pig, turned werewolf.. pigs like mud, makes sense! 

doesnt look like the pig have choose the place... a weird biome to trap someone.. literally the brightness biome of the caves

edit. if atleast the light came from a sinkhole but he is the the middle of the caves in a dark biome

i think the stalagmite biome fits more

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

In the caves was the last thing I expected really, some suggested it sure but I figured the whole point of the nick-name it went by ("Daywalker") and the fact it was first introduced on the surface made me think they'd leave it up there for a good reason.
Unless the story tied to it would have it make sense in the caves rather than the initial placement on the surface I don't see why it has to go down there, feels like a cop out if it was that easy, leaves me with the impression that either him or his part in the story aren't all that important.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Please do keep in mind that a dead player can “Haunt” Regular hounds to change them to Fire or Ice or Vice-versa.. this is a feature I really wish Wendy would’ve gotten by being able to command Abigail to “Haunt” things, to trigger whatever effects haunting stuff does, because having another player intentionally die to haunt stuff is completely frustrating.. however it’s still a completely over-looked and forgotten about feature that people can still use to trigger & get gems even before summer or winter even starts.

Theres also the Varg if you can find him.. 

anyways my point is you don’t have to wait till Winter or Summer to get Blue/Red Gems.

And on a completely unrelated note- I think the DreadStone and Nightmare pig looked better with the grey/pink tint to it, not sure why it was changed to red.. but ok.

If you're going so far as to haunt hounds to farm gems then Wilson's red/blue/purple transmutes are worthless either way b/c you'd just haunt to get the specific hound you want the gem from before killing it.  Why trade 3:1 when you can just get the gem you want?  sry I don't see the point of your reply here :\ 

14 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Anyway

If you advance to a certain point in pearl’s quests, maybe she should become into an ocean guide. Basically at an increasingly high price she trades knowledge too. Like she tells you where the pirates are, or waterlogged biomes, or salt biomes, or other (soon to come?) new places of interest at an increasing price. She could even reveal Sunken chest places at a price.

spyglass where T_T

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

Yea not to mention I was hoping this was leading to us eventually adding more creatures to the main island...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, -Variant said:

There's a glowing red light in his spawn due to the pillars glowing now.

miss wrote that. I wanted to write that isnt a dark biome that could fit the set piece. I think that biomes like surface and cave forests, surface rocky biome or stalagmite biome make the set piece fit better because of the dark tone of the turf

for me the set price didnt fit in the surface because of it spawning in grass and savannah turf but now it spawn in muddy so doesnt fix the problem for me

(i didnt saw it in the caves so might fit more than my mental picture tho)

16 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

spyglass where T_T

would be cool so spawning multiple deerclops makes more sense than just devaluating umbrellas and rain coats...

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I expected more from you than to strawman a nonexistent argument and then imply that people who play the game differently than you do are at fault for the game not being what you wish it was

Personally I don’t care where the new boss spawns, although the island that some have said sounds more interesting than the mud biome, the problem that could create is that a random island like the monkey island, that doesn’t have a definitive non RNG way to locate (I know you can search all 4 edges but that can either give you a first edge find or a 4th edge explored find) would definitely delay finding the island and discourage starting the game with the new armors, should you choose to. 

In the event that an island was added, maybe to prevent RNG searching, I suggested that perhaps Pearl could be paid to tell you the location instead, and that opens a window to new ocean stuff too.

But since all that means a lot of extra changes, the mud biome which can be accessed on day one, is probably the easiest solution and prevents any kind of complain from most playerbase.

I only see it in the most practical way Klei seems to be solving this from a design point of view, I don’t mind if people want to rush it or not. If I sounded despective to some playstyle it wasn’t intended.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 3

Regarding Nightmare Werepig being placed in Caves: depends what the lore behind its existence will be. From its quotes, seems like a possibly-smarter Pig adventured to Ruins and/or into a Nightmare crevice, discovered something/ate something/got some Pure Horror parasite/etc and became what is now (seen by it as "power"); or via some other voluntary means - & subsequently got imprisoned by Charlie for its deeds. If this would be its backstory, stands to reason to be located in Caves - mainland Constant doesn't have any Nightmare-spawning structure, and probably symbolizes a neutral ground in between the struggle of Alter vs. Nightmares. Also Constant mainland has plenty bosses, from mechanics' pov Caves would do well to have another boss aside Toad, AG and AFw. More-so: the requirement for NW fight initialization is a Pick/Axe - easily build at a complete/fully repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station; if rushing Ruins 1st Autumn, can have such tool in first 5-10 days depending on RNG. Plus: seems now NW is localized solely in Mud biome, another bon from spawn's RNG pov. Being located outside posed a lot of inconveniences, no matter what internal name its prefabs was and alluded to. All-in-all I for one consider this change welcomed. Now only if its loot could be made more unique in function/mechanics to not be just a pseudo-copy of Thule counterparts - that would really make this boss shine.

• Like 6