[Game Update] - 546159

I would like the armour if it's durability was instantly healed by player sanity. Essentially making attacks hit for sanity instead of health, until sanity is completely drained at which point it acts like a normal armour and looses durability.

Edited by user1464576869
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ansuman said:

3 red gem : 1 blue gem or 3B : 1 R doesnt make any sense in what case we will be using it.

I could see myself using it if it was a 2 for 1 instead, if there's a good reason to keep it at 3 for 1 I'm not really seeing it.

• Like 2

Hey I had an idea for the rework and just wanted to share it here with you. I know this is really different from the current rework but just wanted to share. This would basically be a completely different character update.

The skill tree would reset for every world and only include the alchemy path and the alchemy tab would be seperated to its own tabs like refinements and magic. Every single new upgrade would unlock a new alchemy recipe for wilson. Ofcourse with so many more upgrades than what we currently have.

Wilson would gain inspiration by doing basic survival tasks than just getting them over time. But the amount of inspiration from basic tasks completed would be weaker over time. For example gathering basic resources would give less and less inspiration when Wilson unlocks more alchemy refinements. And you would need to do better tasks for more inspiration for example defeating stronger creatures and gathering uncommon resources or even cooking better meals. This would encourage the player to slowly get better and better at survival and would make wilson still the "beginner friendly" or "the main character" of the game because the Wilson player wpuld basically doing some of the everything you can do in the game and slowly progress on survival over time.

And all the new recipes unlocked would be simular to the current ones basically turning items to simular items or combining items to craft upgraded versions of them like the gem recipes.

Yeah thats basically it. To be honest I personelly genuenly think this would be more interesting than the current system. Not that I hate it or anything just had the idea and wanted to share with you here.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

On 3/6/2023 at 2:08 PM, V2C said:

Changes

• Torch Longevity Skills improved

I hope they make the the torch category actually usefully. Cause after you get a lantern in the first 2 days you never need torches. Idk maybe nightmare creatures strat away from the brighter torches, or Wilson gets more sanity. Anything to make the torches useful past the first night

I don't think the torch buffs should be discounted. You can easily conjure a torch out of thin air with petty materials, having it last an extremely long time and have a competitive light range with the lantern....even being able to deploy it on the ground to maintain its light is a pretty nifty bonus. I would probably be using torches more often to conserve lantern fuel when I don't feel like going down to the caves to gather a bunch of bulbs. It'd pretty much be useful to me until I got a bundling wrap so I could just wrap all my lightbulbs and I don't really rush Bee Queen so it's certainly a good perk for me....I just wish it was on Willow instead of Wilson and he got something else.

• Like 3

OK honestly I love the idea of a skill tree it really pushes newer players to do stuff normally they wouldn't. But the skills shouldn't be "GUYS LOOK I CAN THROW A TORCH" It should be what the alchemy tree is that part is brilliant,also the shadow courier is honestly is so bad it requires a player to beat the hardest boss in the game although once is still a hard fight nevertheless and what do you get from it "Wow a ability to swap boss loot stuff around" when i just can kill the boss over instead for more resources and not wasting them for mediocre armor set compared to bone armor,which you'd already by the time you are even able unlock the ability it's redundant and the buff is lukewarm that only the people get use out of it are the hard time pros and log time vets. you should be able to make pure terror and use it to make unique crafts or bone armor items making him a big team player and worthwhile for long term play just make sure the crafts are unable to be abused.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

IMO he didnt need to be in the caves, he just needed to have a lot more thematic stuff in his spawn location to make it look better. he needs to have floor tiles and some sort of rubble nearby. Granted this still applies with him being in caves since he still looks out of place.

Edited by bigGMIW
  • Like 3

On 3/7/2023 at 12:42 PM, Huiyaokongming said:

Is it more direct to mix gemstones according to the principle of three primary colors?

1 red+1 yellow=1 orange

1 blue+1 yellow=1 green

1 orange+1 green=2 yellow (loss of red and blue)

3 red or 3 blue=1 purple (increase loss, also distinguish from prototype formula)

1 purple=2 red or 2 blue (loss of one red or blue, or equivalent conversion with prototype formula)

About ore:

"Turning stone into gold", the raw material is "stone", so can you add a formula of "stone=gold"?

2 purple=1 yellow (limit conversion of contrast color)

I forgot to write the recipe for topaz.

10 hours ago, Mert_TR said:

Hey I had an idea for the rework and just wanted to share it here with you. I know this is really different from the current rework but just wanted to share. This would basically be a completely different character update.

The skill tree would reset for every world and only include the alchemy path and the alchemy tab would be seperated to its own tabs like refinements and magic. Every single new upgrade would unlock a new alchemy recipe for wilson. Ofcourse with so many more upgrades than what we currently have.

Wilson would gain inspiration by doing basic survival tasks than just getting them over time. But the amount of inspiration from basic tasks completed would be weaker over time. For example gathering basic resources would give less and less inspiration when Wilson unlocks more alchemy refinements. And you would need to do better tasks for more inspiration for example defeating stronger creatures and gathering uncommon resources or even cooking better meals. This would encourage the player to slowly get better and better at survival and would make wilson still the "beginner friendly" or "the main character" of the game because the Wilson player wpuld basically doing some of the everything you can do in the game and slowly progress on survival over time.

And all the new recipes unlocked would be simular to the current ones basically turning items to simular items or combining items to craft upgraded versions of them like the gem recipes.

Yeah thats basically it. To be honest I personelly genuenly think this would be more interesting than the current system. Not that I hate it or anything just had the idea and wanted to share with you here.

I really think your idea is very good.

A role that can grow independently and has extensive adaptability is really great!

I feel "humanism" in it!

19 hours ago, GodIess said:

Anyway, most players who have been playing for a long time will kill everyone without damage and a regular set of wooden armor will be more attractive than something expensive and unique that cannot be repaired. This is exactly why I don't use tulecite :\

How about this idea: after wearing it, we can put a stone, and it will restore the armor during the time we wear it, it will not be an instant repair, but something similar to a miner's helmet, but the other way around

Refill the armor and it will slowly repair itself over time

If so, can Wilson's ultimate talent be associated with this idea?

That is to say, Wilson with the ultimate talent can wear this armor without any negative impact, and can repair the armor slowly without loss?

It can even adapt to shadow series equipment - like Maxwell.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 9:08 PM, V2C said:

Shadow Courtier skill has some additional combat changes.

I watched a beard video where he said that this means 10% damage increase against lunar mobs and 10% damage reduction from nightmares. Is this true? Because even in the footage of that video it wasn't the case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roodmas said:

Is this true?

Supposedly. I think it may be bugged.
But also 10% means like, nothing. I don't even think it makes any existing mobs take 1 less hit.

Also do note that this perk only applies to some things, currently most shadows except for the Chess Trio and only the Celestial Champion (And gestalts) for the Lunar side.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

If you advance to a certain point in pearl’s quests, maybe she should become into an ocean guide. Basically at an increasingly high price she trades knowledge too. Like she tells you where the pirates are, or waterlogged biomes, or salt biomes, or other (soon to come?) new places of interest at an increasing price. She could even reveal Sunken chest places at a price.

And obviously the only thing she won’t know is where crab king is (there are other ways to locate him anyway)

I think this could fix a few problems the ocean has and future updates to it. And make Pearl more relevant throughout the game.

YES YES YES YES YES 

On 3/6/2023 at 10:21 PM, Shosuko said:

spyglass where T_T

[also yes]

• GL Happy 1

23 hours ago, Pig Princess said:

But you know, I have a feeling it's pointless to describe to you how successful planning could feel rewarding.

First, it's not nice to make assumptions about me based on 2 messages.

Also by that logic hound/worm waves, rain, darkness, deerclops should be disabled should player start boss fight.

Rain and darkness are the matter of equipment, you must be ready for them in any case. You can agro the boss on enemy waves. You can lead Deerclops away during the boss or also agro the boss on him. Besides, Deerclops cares about structures more than about player. Shadow creatures always attack the player directly and don't drop agro.

Also you conveniently ignored what I wrote for the most part, as if it's not relevant to answer to. But I suggest to reread it and try to understand that I just listed multiple approaches, and mentioned extra engagement required from player.

I'm sorry but this isn't a high school and I'm not writing an essay. Everyone has their own understanding of engagement. I didn't find your approaches particularly engaging because for me it boiled out to waiting around the boss for the necessary nightmare phase or getting a drop from the hardest boss in the game (which breaks pretty fast btw) to get the loot most people here don't find particularly strong.

• Like 1

Why do people keep flexing that they're a Wilson main and they love this rework? It has nothing in common with the old Wilson, he used to be the dude with no perks and now he's the dude with a Skyrim skill tree. It'd be like if Warly got a rework that removed everything about cooking and instead now focuses on domesticating & breeding mushgnomes, and people said that as Warly mains they love the rework.

You can like the rework, but how much you allege to have played Wilson isn't really important. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1