[Game Update] - 546159

So its a nerf to Wilson?

3:1 red <=> blue is still in place, but now he just has the magic machine 1 blue + 1 red = purple.  tbh 3 blue => purple was the better deal.  I usually hear people talk about having a surplus of blue gems, but not as much red b/c they are used for more things.  3 blue => red +1 blue => purple nets 4:1 blue => purple with the new update compared to the 3:1 he had before.

imo its a waste for him to simply overlap the magic tab recipe considering that's already available, and any time you're using purple gems you should have that recipe...  I don't think this change is actually good.

edit - glad to see the rest of the transmutes filled out.  gold => nitre, hounds teeth => bone shards, and flint => rock are all MUCH appreciated !!!  This will really smooth out some of the crippling over-abundance of resources that have little or no use while also enabling some options that were tougher to farm for like Bone Bouillon <3 

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

How better is the torch longevity? Because even a 500% buff won't be as good as lantern 

I think, Wilson could have a unique refuable torch. like a Tiki torch. That way he can use it as a lantern and get the perks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

interesting that 10% damage against moon creatures, there is only CC as creature we can kill and count as moon creature, right?

I suppose it includes horror hounds, mutated pengulls, grotto's gnomes, all the species bound with Alter

• Like 5

I'm all for less Nightmare Werepig interfering with overworld basing. Now to find spawn points and set up ocuvigils...on another note, I hope Dreadstone armor gets some sort of boost in the future to make it viable. The suit is nice for Wanda and Maxwell, but the helmet just seems plain useless.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

3 blue => red +1 blue => purple nets 4:1 blue => purple with the new update compared to the 3:1 he had before.

Except before it was 9:1(4:1 via craft) since there was no Blue to Red recipe. So say you got only red gems, even before this update it was 4:1 (3 red to 1 blue, and 1B/1R craft) or 9:1 cost for 9 Red Gems. Now it's way more versatile, and allows you to get the gem you seek instead of a one way trade. To me it's a buff rather than a nerf.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ZeRoboButler said:

any one know how the torch tree was effected? said it was changed/improved but im not sure how.

By the way, I tried it, but I didn't see any change

Edited by DimaH20

Wilson is not only an alchemist he is also a clumsy scientist in the game there are some of his developments which prove that he can also invent things add him personal inventions make Meat Effigy a personal invention that only he can build in the end meat effigy has even his face...

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Nightmare Werepig is now found in the Caves instead.

I understand why this was done but want to get my opinion in here and say that as an ocean enjoyer, this is a super super lame change that makes this new piece of content feel way more rigid. Dreadstone Armor was previously an interesting armor set that one could get by pursuing sunken treasures in the early game to roll the (honestly pretty high!) chance for a pick/axe, then use that pick/axe to knock down the pillars and fight the Nightmare Werepig without needing to set foot in the ruins or even caves. I'll miss this a lot. :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

40 minutes ago, Hornete said:

The Shadow Courtier perk now makes wilson takes -10% less damage from shadow affiliated mobs, while also allowing him to deal 10% extra damage towards lunar affiliated mobs.

No that i dont believe you but i test this against celestial champion with a darksword and wilson seems to do the same 68 dmg as usual, do you know if there are more conditions to make wilson trigger this effect

10 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

I understand why this was done but want to get my opinion in here and say that as an ocean enjoyer, this is a super super lame change that makes this new piece of content feel way more rigid. Dreadstone Armor was previously an interesting armor set that one could get by pursuing sunken treasures in the early game to roll the (honestly pretty high!) chance for a pick/axe, then use that pick/axe to knock down the pillars and fight the Nightmare Werepig without needing to set foot in the ruins or even caves. I'll miss this a lot. :(

You actually bring up a pretty good point… why on earth didn’t this thing spawn on some ISLAND out in the mostly empty waters which would not only have given the ocean more fun content, but as you said- you wouldn’t even need to have the “Caves” shard enabled to fight it..

there was some very old and very scrapped concept arts of an old ruin down town.. you coulda put this thing on its own unique Island out there Klei chained to its pillars.

The ONLY reasons I can think it’s in Caves now is A: Lore Reasons, or B: They listened to community suggestions to put it there.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

You actually bring up a pretty good point… why on earth didn’t this thing spawn on some ISLAND out in the mostly empty waters which would not only have given the ocean more fun content, but as you said- you wouldn’t even need to have the “Caves” shard enabled to fight it..

there was some very old and very scrapped concept arts of an old ruin down town.. you coulda put this thing on its own unique Island out there Klei chained to its pillars.

The ONLY reasons I can think it’s in Caves now is A: Lore Reasons, or B: They listened to community suggestions to put it there.

I agree Move the Monkey Boss to the Island. It makes no sense for him to randomly appear in chains in the mainland nor mud biome of the underground.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Because even a 500% buff won't be as good as lantern 

Having an entire skill tree "branch" dedicated to just the torch is super pointless, that branch should be based around the general concept of survival (since wilson is supposed to be good at it) and the current torch perks should be condensed into one or maybe two nodes on it.

Wilson should have a more well rounded colllection of perks instead of it being hyperfocused on torches.

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, slendyproject said:

Having an entire skill tree "branch" dedicated to just the torch is super pointless, that branch should be based around the general concept of survival (since wilson is supposed to be good at it) and the current torch perks should be condensed into one or maybe two nodes on it.

Wilson should have a more well rounded colllection of perks instead of it being hyperfocused on torches.

I fully support them adding this because many posters depict Wilson with a torch in his hand I do not mind this perk, but do not pay so much attention to him

• Like 2

Love how the update is coming along. As a few suggestions i would like to propose-

-Expand Wilson's perk description with the new skill-tree. i'm assuming this is meant to happen later on but either way i'm suggesting it. Maybe something like "with time open your mind to new possibilities" 
-A button to refresh your insight to start all over. In case i want a completely fresh start with Wilson again. Since it's pretty easy to cheat the points in it'd be nice for a restart button. 
-The beard rug recipe cost is slightly higher than most turf recipes so i would suggest to lower the cost a bit. Even though it's not a big deal altogether, the inconsistency is a bit bothering. Most turf is either at 1x or 2x for material cost (there is only 1 turf that require 3x but that's only for one specific material). while the beard rug turf is 4x for both materials which is right now the most expensive turf in quantity. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Malfario said:

No that i dont believe you but i test this against celestial champion with a darksword and wilson seems to do the same 68 dmg as usual, do you know if there are more conditions to make wilson trigger this effect

It's working fine for me, dealt a fine 74.8 damage against the Celestial Champion with a dark sword!

• Like 1

A really good update, I don't think it could've been better.

Wilson got more really useful transmutation recipes.

Nightmare Werepig spawning in caves within mud biome and you don't need to look for him around the whole map on the surface or have to bother with another setpiece taking space in a biome you may want to build.

• Like 2

I feel like there should be a special animation for beating fuelweaver first time as Wilson, that "grants" him ability to learn such perk.

Like, Wilson being surrounded by shadows in similar fashion to DS-Original, but only for them to get repelled the moment they grab him.

I'd like to imagine Charlie's face showing up from shadows and saying something like: "Let's make this game of chess more interesting"

Edited by Master_NiX
  • Like 4
  • Health 1