Huge Bug Fix Beta Available Now!

JoeW

1 hour ago, KCDA said:

2. Life Giving Amulet: Doesn't corrupt your save file if you are "healed" by the Hunger Drain -> HP Increase effect while reviving.

It was not mentioned in main post but looking through the changes I noticed they added a check to the heal function of the amulet to make sure the healee isn't actually dead. I figure this should fix the long running corruption issue of being healed while in dying/reviving animation.

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Second! Would love to see those retained in gameplay.

Mfw5cee4c4dd6b9a_transparentspittakus.png.4883bbdc5323baa8250d8287638e7299.png1352638910_Patchesspittake.thumb.png.30fc38efcd080d00741607b78fb6528b.png

Theres actually a lot more to the ox's than baby ox's that were cut.

You could shave them, they had red spots like beefalo to indicate that there in heat and you could use ox wool to create a special carpet that acted like a tile sandbag completely immune to flooding

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw this thread, then it turned in dopamine. DS update are always welcome for me at least, the game has felt rougher around the edges since Hamlet despite it being more or less finished. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Mert_TR said:

Is there a chance for a home sea home like update for hamlet. Not any time soon but just in general?

If they go the route of another update then at best we'll get some QOL stuff DST got that doesn't take a while to port that make sense to exist in DS (HD artwork pls), actual new content probably isn't realistic. I don't think they would want to cause more bugs either, singleplayer has many moving parts at this point that intersect especially with DLC. 

3 hours ago, KCDA said:

We'll get through this dark patch of DS history. Listen to this tune, and hold strong

I'll get through this patch alright... by installing GOG DS and uninstalling Steam DS lol.. a lot of these bugs I use them a lot and they are a part of the game for me, planting flowers in houses, piko farm, duplication bug, fire farm, and others and after years it doesn't feel fair all of a sudden all the things that make me enjoy the game a lot more and makes it feel a lot less boring now being removed.

They should have just fixed actual game breaking bugs, crashes, and visual bugs.. or even better doing something good like making the game 64-bit then there are no out of memory crashes and making the textures for everything HD.. the textures in DS look SO BAD and horrible resolution... or even add the cut hamlet content like zebras, sporkbills, dragon turnip mobs, and stuff.....

I'm just so sad rn that I even have to go through the hassle of installing GOG ver. because Steam forcefully auto-updates games, I don't want to update to this update killing fun... least they can do is keep the current version as a beta thing then people who LIKE all these bugs can play in that version on Steam!!!

I'm so disappointed and I'm not going to hide it, even worse is my switch world is now going to be ruined as well because that one will be forced to update and I can't even prevent it so dam frustrating..........

4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw this thread, then it turned in dopamine. DS update are always welcome for me at least, the game has felt rougher around the edges since Hamlet despite it being more or less finished. Thank you!

If they go the route of another update then at best we'll get some QOL stuff DST got that doesn't take a while to port that make sense to exist in DS (HD artwork pls), actual new content probably isn't realistic. I don't think they would want to cause more bugs either, singleplayer has many moving parts at this point that intersect especially with DLC. 

quick drop pls

3 hours ago, . . . said:

I'm so disappointed and I'm not going to hide it, even worse is my switch world is now going to be ruined as well because that one will be forced to update and I can't even prevent it so dam frustrating..........

iirc, switch doesn't force you to update stuff, giving you the option to open the game/program(so, if you wish to, you can just avoid updating the game)

I tried to CTRL+F but couldn't find anything related to it so I feel the need to ask here. Did they fix the weird weather disable in Shipwrecked after playing for the first year? I don't know what triggers it, and it mostly seems to only affect Shipwrecked. But after about a year once the seasons come in a second time, there are no hurricanes in hurricane season(or rain), there is no monsoon season effects other than the color cube, and Dry Season seems to enable/disable the volcano completely randomly.  The game used to skip seasons entirely when you enter/exit the volcano/caves/ruins or use a Seaworthy/Skyworthy. After the game was released on Switch they fixed THAT bug but now seasonal effects for Shipwrecked just suddenly stop for no reason in longer save games. 

Was this fixed? Does anyone else experience it?

This bug, and the bug before it, was the nail in the coffin for Singleplayer Don't Starve for me. I really like Shipwrecked and to this day, for around 6 or 7 years now I think this bug and the bug preceding  it have left a black stain on the game permanently that every time the game gets a patch the first thing I do is try to look and see if it was fixed and it almost seems to get no acknowledgement at all, ever.

1 minute ago, Siegmund said:

Please, don't fix this. Speed smuggling is the only way to be fast in a non-substance farming way because beefalos suck. It's also a solid motivator to world hop.

Screenshot_20230127_130009_Samsung Internet.jpg

I came across this bug on accident and had to spend a lot of time figuring out what triggered it. Swapping characters seems like a very natural thing players are eventually going to do and it would be very easy to accidentally stumble on this glitch unwillingly. I'm glad they fixed it myself, although some of the other bugs they fixed I don't like.

4 minutes ago, Siegmund said:

Welp, guess I'll have to reimplement every fun exploit back in myself. Joy.

Come on that exploit is clearly one that intrudes on legitimate gameplay and would have to be consciously avoided, switching to WX and overcharging for a billion days in a row to set up things then switching characters to who you actually want to play is very common. 

I can sympathize with the philosophy of keeping harmless bugs that you have to go out of your way to exploit, but this isn't one of those. A legitimate player could very easily be caught unaware of this bug and that's a bug that deserves to be fixed.

first of all im so glad this is happening. The DS+DLC experience is one of my favourite things to play. And reading that might come some QoL patch for it after this huge bug fix patch are great news

about bugs:

i didnt saw any mention about followers getting stuck in ruins and the lakes in hamlet. Is kinda annoying because makes hiring pig guards pointless because they might not reach the destiny plus killing them is dangerous unless you blow them up with a granade or darts

didnt saw either a fix to volcano eruptions not happening. Idk why this happens but sometimes in SW you dont get eruptions

i know we should focus on reporting bugs but i really hope that beefalo bell gets added in that future QoL patch. Right now i dont tame beefalos for being limited to RoG (which also i usually reset to get more ruins loot and reset volcano layer). Having a way to carry your beefalo with you would be a really welcome change

edit. also i kinda hope coffe gets slightly nerfed, makes you so fast that becomes boring after the 1st laugh

edit2. Another bug i didnt found in the list is that in hamlet's interiors, when you have hats hanging in the hanger and you hammer the hanger all the hats disappear

3 minutes ago, Siegmund said:

Then just... Don't use it? Things like coffee really shouldn't be ruined for others who enjoy its absurdity beyond that first laugh.

is a suggestion and ok, and i already dont use that part of the content. I think we can reach a middle ground where everybody enjoys a piece of content...

@JoeWWhy Stone Slabs do not replenish the items they drop when flipped over, is that a bug or working as intended?

10 hours ago, chirsg said:

Wigfrid should be able to drink coffee. 
If I get any less than 20 reacts, then she doesn't deserve coffee and remains the worst character in Don't Starve

Wigfrid refuse to eat nettles, making herself suffers from severe hay fever lmao

15 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

There's the mechanic of stone slabs resetting after being used but it's either disabled I heard or that it's got a typo. Can that be checked out?

If upcoming updates do not implement this feature try mod in workshop named Stone Slab Restock by Leonidas IV. He has lots of mods like this like Baby Ox, QoL, HD textures. Works like a charm. He even has bug fix mod with over 150+ fixes which looks suspiciously familiar to this beta. I wonder if they used his mod

16 hours ago, HalfEnder776 said:

Since some small "cut content" like the muffler tag/gas mask muffling was added back can we also get the unused Honey Chest UI and unused ox flute and wind conch sounds? 

Like the muffled voices I always thought those were not added due to being forgotten about during DS's rushed development...

If they weren't added because they were actually cut then its fine, just want to bring them up just in case

Ui_honeychest_old.webp

UPDATE: They actually added the sounds but didin't list them in the changelog!!!!

Archived