Maxwell's Character Refresh is Now Available on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox!

12 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I thought Charlie misremembered the event and hates Maxwell due to seeing herself as a victim to his power hungry carnage. Was the play not actually lore, then? She's just playing a prank on us for no reason?

Theater is all about exaggeration. Especially with masks. But at the same time, if I wanted to have a pawn on enemies side, I better make it feel like a two way deal, even if I'm just using and actually hate them.

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1

13 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I thought Charlie misremembered the event and hates Maxwell due to seeing herself as a victim to his power hungry carnage. Was the play not actually lore, then? She's just playing a prank on us for no reason?

Maybe she's toying with Maxwell and using him to do her bidding for some reason. There are very strong chess motifs after all, and mind games are a big factor in chess games so Charlie doing this is probably to deceive Maxwell.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I mean the trailer seemed to hint that it wasn't charlie who was talking to Maxwell but them.

• Wavey 1

Love it love it love it! The animation team really excelled themselves on this one!!! 

Man, 2016... and even longer if you count that the original lore started with the single player game in 2013/2014? Anyway, seeing bits of the William Carter puzzles brought a tear to my eye.

I just have one question in regards to the order of events. Did Maxwell and Charlie get pulled into the Constant at the end of their performance or while Maxwell was having a meltdown in his secret room? 

• Wavey 3

45 minutes ago, DDNW said:

There is new Maxwell line when about to get attacked by Charlie:
ANNOUNCE_CHARLIE = "I suppose it's best to keep up appearances...",

We're loosing him :(

I wonder why this quote was changed.. in the A little drama update he stops himself from saying Charlie’s name, as if trying to hide her existence from the other survivors, but.. he’s also the one who grabs Winona by the arm and drags her away from Charlie when they spot her in the Forgotten Knowledges animated short. 
so why try to hide mentioning her if at least the survivors who saw Charlie knows she exists? 

• Like 1

The trailer, it gives chills man!

Will Maxwell's new skins be available on the game's steam page? I want em but don't want to invest the 5$ on steam. Nevermind, character skins aren't individually sold on steam.

Also, @V2C did you forget to gift klei points/spools or we behaved too bad for 'em?

Edited by DelroyBM
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 3

True Maxwell could be playing double agent. 

I also wonder why Charlie wants to cooperate with Maxwell at all all of a sudden. I wonder if she:

1. Needs his help

2. Is testing him (loyalty, greed, etc)

3. Is simply toying with him in order to strain the casts' relationship with each other.

4. It's some part of charlie subconsciously asking for help.

Can't wait for the next lore update, it will be a very spicy one.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Wavey 1

Well done!

But I still want to know when will Switch catch this update content? I play DST on steam and NS, but every time when I change platform between steam and NS to play it, I need to adjust it all over again.

I still remember in the announcement of WX~78, you say “We are currently in the process of making skins and unlocks available to players while playing offline on Nintendo Switch . ”  But after half of year, it still haven’t any news about it, I know may be it’s very tricky, but I just want to know you work on it, maybe you can tell something not secret about it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

so why try to hide mentioning her if at least the survivors who saw Charlie knows she exists? 

I don't think he's trying to hide Charlie's existence, I think they just changed it because he's no longer sorry now that they're working together. And the new quote when hearing Charlie hiss is just to explain why Charlie still attacks despite that.