Maxwell's Character Refresh is Now Available on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox!

The mention about the Steam award made me think: don't the devs feel burnt out of working on this same game for so much time? It's been what? 9 years since the launch of Dont Starve plus pre-release development?

I'm glad we keep recieving quality updates for free, but it's a thought. I hope the team still enjoys it and keeps up the good work!

Edit: Now that I think of it, they frequently mention new members of the DST team on the streams. Maybe very few of the original team still works on the game

Edited by Hatty DeWitt
  • Like 13
  • Health 2

18 minutes ago, HEAVYDIRTYSOUL said:

hell nah they added rasputin to the game
image.thumb.png.9a5c30aeb09a97c2e6eeef318b9324c5.png

44858_original.jpg.ffc764a5615a59e39bbda

MA-MA-MAXPUTIN

LOVER OF THE SHADOW QUEEN

you know the reputation Rasputin had with the ladies :oops:

Charlie be damned, what a catch

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Potato Cup 1

The animated short was cool, you literally sent players down a rabbit hole :lol: that was awesome! But I just gotta know-

Did the rework finally give him that Winter Coat he wears in DS Solo story mode torturing poor Wilson?

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

The animated short was cool, you literally sent players down a rabbit hole :lol: that was awesome! But I just gotta know-

Did the rework finally give him that Winter Coat he wears in DS Solo story mode torching poor Wilson?

i don't think anything involving the fuzzy coat was added. would be a nice bit of continuity, mind you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Come to think of it I wonder if this is implying Wilson will be the enemy piece on the moon's/wagstaffs board wx did say wilson serms to be mimmicking Wagstaffs stuff.

he appears when the board is shown

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ecb44a922bc320c52136c6c309c65eb5.png

but will be cool to have wilson being teached by wagstaff while max is being charlies puppet

• Like 6
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

No Wilson, no DLC characters and... no Webber? I would've said no non-human but WX is there.

Didn’t Klei say dlc characters were Non-Cannon to the games story? (Until Walter & Wanda was added) This would mean Wortox, Wurt & Wormwood (the monster characters) are non-cannon to the plot they have planned for the game.

Wanda breaks all these rules though- as she’s the literal time jumper.

• Potato Cup 1

22 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

Are the missing chest pieces because Charly has not reworked them yet ?

image.thumb.png.0349ec6a5b529b4695170311dfd56d1a.png

No Webber, no paid DLC chars either. Noticed anything else strange?

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Didn’t Klei say dlc characters were Non-Cannon to the games story? (Until Walter & Wanda was added) This would mean Wortox, Wurt & Wormwood (the monster characters) are non-cannon to the plot they have planned for the game.

That was never said. Wortox and Wormwood are both in several other shorts not directly concerning them. Wurt on the other hand... I don't recall anything with her.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Starling said:

Might be unpopular opinion but I wouldn't like if this short means his character development going backwards. I don't want him to be evil again :-D Other than that great refresh thanks Klei!

Agreed, but I can't help but feel there's more to this than meets the eye. He could even be playing along with Charlie with the intention of saving her somehow. The short made it clear they genuinely cared for one another once... that's my interpretation anyway, and IMO makes more sense in terms of DST Maxwell (as we know him) than him hard regressing. I guess we'll see!

Either way, Wilson seems on to him.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

they just said that they wont have heavy lore importance

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1