Maxwell's Character Refresh is Now Available on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox!

8 hours ago, CactusCompanion said:

8 hours ago, CactusCompanion said:

also come onnnnn wanda literally has been tampering with shadow fuel and other such forbidden knowledge and apparently had some kind of deal with the shadow folk, why isn't she showing up in shorts. she deserves better than this

i think, by her quotes and personality, that she didnt share much time with the survivors. She deals with her little problem alone which in my opinion is cooler than having a time traveler in the team messing with the story and taking all the protagonism in key moments or saving the day with her shenanigans

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

Interesting that Wilson and Webber aren't on the board when they're two of the "core" members. I guess no monster characters are so that would explain Webber, but what about Wilson? He's not DLC. Will he turn up when he gets his character refresh, or is he not on the board at all?

HMMMM 

15 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I thought Charlie misremembered the event and hates Maxwell due to seeing herself as a victim to his power hungry carnage. Was the play not actually lore, then? She's just playing a prank on us for no reason?

I don't think the short contradicts the play. She still blames him for keeping his magic a secret from her ("if only you had let me in"), but believes that it worked out in the end (she became a queen, "more than she ever hoped"). And she seems more disdainful than hateful towards Maxwell in both the play and the short.

Adding to something that was mentioned already - Wilson is on the board here (behind Woodie), along with Maxwell:

image.thumb.png.00425fa097f803be796be91fe643513a.png

But not here, where Maxwell becomes a black piece:

image.thumb.png.f0aec84bd2f42e104734c4d032538fe7.png

My theory is that Wilson might change sides too or "disappear" from the survivor team in some other way. The only other characters missing (on both boards) are "creature" characters (Webber, Wortox, Wurt, Wormwood) and Wanda, maybe because they are just kinda minding their own business, only temporarily joining the survivors, and therefore don't interest Charlie.

Edited by ThymeSpirit
Additions
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ThymeSpirit said:The only other characters missing (on both boards) are "creature" characters (Webber, Wortox, Wurt, Wormwood) and Wanda, maybe because they are just kinda minding their own business, only temporarily joining the survivors, and therefore don't interest Charlie.

Also, they all already belong to the constant (as Webber is half of a spider). And Maxwell doesn't have nothing to offer to them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think, by her quotes and personality, that she didnt share much time with the survivors. She deals with her little problem alone which in my opinion is cooler than having a time traveler in the team messing with the story and taking all the protagonism in key moments or saving the day with her shenanigans

Wanda’s clocks broke when she got thrown into the Constant, she’s stuck there.. she can rewind her age, but she can’t rewind being trapped just like everyone else.

The only character who CAN come and go as the please is Wortox who Canonly stole the Terrarium from Terraria and brought it to the Constant right?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wanda’s clocks broke when she got thrown into the Constant, she’s stuck there.. she can rewind her age, but she can’t rewind being trapped just like everyone else.

The only character who CAN come and go as the please is Wortox who Canonly stole the Terrarium from Terraria and brought it to the Constant right?

when you wait for deerclops to spawn or when you examine other players she makes you know that she has live many lives in the costant. She had clocks in the human world and broke one that bring her to the constant so now that she is a world filled with NF and new materials i dont think she would have much problems to craft new clocks. You can see her traveling throw space and time in the trailer so that can be used in the costant

she even fough many times CC according to her quotes. Is what i love about her developing, she is the stronger (maybe just behind wortox) character but she doesnt active help the survivors because "she doesnt have time for that" kinda like alice in wonderland rabbit. She could make survivors life easier but klei decided to make a joke with her which i love

On 11/22/2022 at 11:33 AM, V2C said:

Additional changes

• Controller twin-stick aiming for AoE targeting spells.

Does this change effect ALL AoE attacks?? Or just the ones for Maxwell.

I love playing as Wickerbottom but using her books are a bit rough, On Tentacles is a random gamble of rather or not your going to die to your own summon.

Please give this highly helpful aiming to other areas of the game outside of Maxwells rework!

Is it intended for Maxwell to not have any sanity drain from a dark sword and night armor? I see nothing about this in the patch notes. With the removal of the previous "insanity lock", this makes getting fuel reliably in the mid and early game more difficult.

Early game fuel issues aside, this is a fantastic update! As a long time Maxwell main I'm glad to finally have practical shadow duelists. And his new crowd controlling abilities are icing on the cake.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Is it intended for Maxwell to not have any sanity drain from a dark sword and night armor? I see nothing about this in the patch notes. With the removal of the previous "insanity lock", this makes getting fuel reliably in the mid and early game more difficult.

Early game fuel issues aside, this is a fantastic update! As a long time Maxwell main I'm glad to finally have practical shadow duelists. And his new crowd controlling abilities are icing on the cake.

Early game fuel can be obtained by trapping rabbits with the shadow prison and using shadow sneak on them. Killing them gives you fuel without the need to even go insane. ;)

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Beerox183 said:

so, question. Do the puppets do farming tasks as well? if so, guaranteed new main!

The puppets can pick grown crops but can't hammer big ones, can also remove rocks and stuff but not weeds like spiny and fire needle

Edited by gamehun20

3 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

The puppets can pick grown crops but can't hammer big ones, can also remove rocks and stuff but not weeds like spiny and fire needle

So they will save some time, just not as much as I was hoping. Thanks for the help.

On 11/22/2022 at 2:33 PM, V2C said:

Maxwell Dark Wizard Chest ($3.99usd)
This Dark Wizard's Chest contains the following skin items: Cursed Cloak, Cursed Sabre, and Showman's Shadow Hat

I can't believe you guys traded the GOTHIC skin for the Dark Wizard!! Please consider bringing the gothic skin to the game.

316810094_987611018862212_7078261292735126192_n.jpg