Forum Downtime and Changes

JoeW

Hey everybody, 

Over the weekend the forums were getting slammed by bots forcing us to bring the servers down. During this time we made some upgrades to the forum software and had to pull out some functionality to improve performance and free up some resources. 

The forum download section and status updates were removed. The download area was using resources for a feature that really isn't used very much and sees little traffic except for bots scraping downloads constantly.

A lot of game companies have been removing their forums because they can be require a lot of resources to maintain. We have a great community and so it hasn't been as much of an issue for us, but increasingly the amount of off-topic arguments and issues related to community activity not directly related to bug reports and feedback have taken more of our time. For this reason status updates and the off-topic areas are a big source of spam and community related issues and not necessary or used for providing feedback and bug reports so they have been removed as well. 

For now I will be leaving up fan art threads as well as the singular Meme thread for each game, so you can blow off a little Steam. 

Finally you may also notice that the forums look a bit wonky. These issues will be fixed up over the coming days.

Assuming everything stays ok after I bring them public again, we shouldn't see any more disruptions. Thanks everybody for your patience as we worked to get the forums back online. We're very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Note: Reactions aren't working right now and the mobile themes are a mess. Working on it. 

How I missed reading controversial posts ! Nah really I’m just happy.

However, right, I’m on phone and damn the whole ui is super buggy right now, I can’t quote and a lot of text is out of place, just letting know :

Spoiler

78DE84D6-DD76-490F-B5B3-18B3F63BC41F.thumb.png.c29b14980a8b7c00182a27aa953568b7.png
62E4392D-E37F-4D34-8A88-8E9D9776D687.thumb.png.dcc20801be06aee8ffe64a10b04bc43a.png

Tho sad about the status update stuff, don’t think I can share my stuff to just who want to see it in any place of the forums :/

Also manual quoting as it ain’t working / showing but : "For now I will be leaving up fan art threads as well as the singular Meme thread for each game", I don’t want to see Maxwell Memes and my friends art topics going away any time soon if further deletion is ever considered

Okay I don't usually get publicly mad but WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE OFF-TOPIC AREA? MY ART THREAD ON THERE WAS BASICALLY MY ARCHIVE AND NOW IT'S GONE! I used it all the time while at school to find art of some characters I hadn't drawn in a while because I had no other way to access it, and I've been waiting for the forums to go back up so I could go back to it, but I guess not! Guess it's all gone forever! Screw me I guess!

Okay sorry about that angry rant but this has me very upset, please do not kill me ;u;

Okay I don't usually get publicly mad but WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE OFF-TOPIC AREA? MY ART THREAD ON THERE WAS BASICALLY MY ARCHIVE AND NOW IT'S GONE! I used it all the time while at school to find art of some characters I hadn't drawn in a while because I had no other way to access it, and I've been waiting for the forums to go back up so I could go back to it, but I guess not! Guess it's all gone forever! Screw me I guess!

Okay sorry about that angry rant but this has me very upset, please do not kill me ;u;

Same, mine's gone too. Probably one of the chillest places on the forums too, some of my traditional drawings/old art were only in a single post on that thread (which I've lost the actual drawings over the years) so now they're gone forever

Though I think you can make yourself a quick google drive folder like I did if you want to see it in school, either way. Sorry man

For this reason status updates and the off-topic areas are a big source of spam and community related issues and not necessary or used for providing feedback and bug reports so they have been removed as well. 

I guess I could always use twitter and discord.sadJBDupe.png.19091bdb5de07afe0dede6888006b18d.png

Shame I can't do the quotes system right now. 

Cached messages aren't working either.

Clicking on "My Attachments" should let you browse through your stuf

1247413994_arieldepressedacceptance.thumb.png.688826caabc79ace18528caff6361f5d.pngNot the same. Oh well.

Archived