[Game Update] - 516976

27 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

It is fine to be frustrated friend, but wickerbottom has gotten lots of love in her own update. Yeah some books got hit with the nerf stick, maybe they deserved it, maybe not. But wickerbottoms got a lot of new interesting powers. They’re just mostly fairly straightforward. Which is good, but therenisnt too too much to be discussed about the apiculture book for instance. Its all a balance question right now

but klei went above and beyond and added a new ability to wortox too, so they needed to try and balanced that. It didn’t actually get more interest, its just a very neat thematically accurate power. People like discussing it.

i still think they should do something minor with woodie too, as he’s being harassed by wickerbottom atm, and he has quite a lot of penalties for turning into his wereforma, which will now be a big pain.

At this point I can no longer find any book interesting, to a certain extent I liked it but with each tiny patch the only line that referred to Wickerbottom was a nerf. Now in the patch that they basically gave the possibility to kill more than one Deerclops a year, thus giving more people the opportunity to have an Eyebrella, they kill the book of rain, what's the reason? It seems that the whole rework has become an on/off switch that you can only have after you no longer need it, just... boring.
I could even pay more attention to the other books, but apart from the fishing book (Which in my opinion seems like a book that should have been there since the ocean appeared, just like Shipwrecked has a different version of On tentacles, you know? Just to fit into the new narrative) the other books are just useless...

I don't know, it's not for me anymore, I really tried to like it because Wickerbottom is my favorite character, but it just frustrated me.

Edited by xhyom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

The Mega Flare spawns pirate raids, spawn McTusk hunting parties from their camps to flare location, and deerclops, all at a 60% chance.

There is no cooldown on the raids or deerclops.

Have fun farming!

Hang on hang on.... are you being serious or this is a joke?

So you can spawn Deerclops year round with this? Do the Mc Tusks travel the whole map to come to you? Can they only be summoned in Winter? Do you summon from existing camps or if you say killed all the McTusks at camps in your world then used the flare could you get more or would you have to wait for the respawn timer on the camps?

It bringing monkey raids is absolutely amazing. Might just turn them off completely and use the Flare to summon them when I want instead. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

54 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Well that was it, one of the laziest reworks that has ever taken place, it seems that even the good little parts of the rework are not allowed to exist.
I have no intention of playing with her ever again, goodbye.

I’m really confused, you were so excited for the current rework and now after this patch your not so excited.. was it the recipe changes for her crafts that upset you?

it’s not that hard to get living logs, or downfeathers.

You can pretty much get them passively now by just luring a spider Queen to fight moose/goose for you.

I for one am glad it uses these feathers because my world is littered with them right now and they have no good use.. this patch will solve that issue for me. :) 

So let me get this straight, every time a nerf for Rain Rituals was suggested the thread got ratio’d to hell and back by the entire forums, one of them to the point where someone felt the need to hide it and that is the feedback you guys pick up on?

Not the wish to make the end is nigh anything other than a pyrokinetics ingredient? 

What a joke. I hope the people who didnt know wickerbottoms could share books, or the people who show no understanding for the sanity cost of her books or the people who showed other very clear signs they do not play wickerbottom are gonna be as eager to buy her skin bundle as they were giving uninformed feedback. 

• Like 23
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • Potato Cup 3

2 hours ago, Lord of Bunwich said:

I assume Riposting is just "re-posting" and it allows us to undo a Fence or Wall without hammering it.

Hostile Flare sounds like either a PvP thing or a warning other players thing.

also, Stone Fruit buff and Maxwell endgame buff. Nice.

im hostile now i guess

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m really confused, you were so excited for the current rework and now after this patch your not so excited.. was it the recipe changes for her crafts that upset you?

it’s not that hard to get living logs, or downfeathers.

You can pretty much get them passively now by just luring a spider Queen to fight moose/goose for you.

I for one am glad it uses these feathers because my world is littered with them right now and they have no good use.. this patch will solve that issue for me. :) 

I wouldn't say excited but I was happy, but the way they handled the rework really put me off, everything looks like it was done but shouldn't have been and that's why they're scrapping. The effects weren't as impressive as the forum wants to make them out to be, but with this treatment, I mean, it's not that the nerfs are so bad that I think it done a lot of harm, it's just that it sounds like Klei is saying ok let it go, it didn't worked very well, let's move on to the next one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

• The correct book will be shown during Wurt’s reading animation.

I can't wait for this. I wanna provide the Wickerbottoms with the materials to make me a book n' cabinet! 

Can't wait to see more Wickerbottoms. :wilson_love:

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

Between the bookcase costing 4 living logs and the books becoming increasingly expensive who is gonna be playing her on pubs? 

Plenty of people concern trolling about wicker griefing others but no foresight to think of how vulnerable wicker herself is to griefing. 

Survivors other than warly cant even open his cookware nevermind cook with it or pick them up. But anyone can just open the bookcase and take whatever they want out of it. A result no doubt because of max and wurt. 

Also 4 living logs is more than 1 totally normal tree you guys get that right?

So if god forbid we want to use any of the bookcase crafts before treeguards become a dime in a dozen we’re gonna have to hope for forests covered in TNTs? Which r basically all cleared on day 1 for s.manip and dark swords. Or rush ruins for a construction amulet? Rush the grotto for gnomes? 

Short of having a friendly wormwood in the pub i cant imagine unlocking the bookcase crafts is gonna be a pleasant experience. 

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 25
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, xhyom said:

At this point I can no longer find any book interesting, to a certain extent I liked it but with each tiny patch the only line that referred to Wickerbottom was a nerf. Now in the patch that they basically gave the possibility to kill more than one Deerclops a year, thus giving more people the opportunity to have an Eyebrella, they kill the book of rain, what's the reason? It seems that the whole rework has become an on/off switch that you can only have after you no longer need it, just... boring.
I could even pay more attention to the other books, but apart from the fishing book (Which in my opinion seems like a book that should have been there since the ocean appeared, just like Shipwrecked has a different version of On tentacles, you know? Just to fit into the new narrative) the other books are just useless...

I don't know, it's not for me anymore, I really tried to like it because Wickerbottom is my favorite character, but it just frustrated me.

Regarding the eyebrella point, I see the new accessibility in a good light. Wicker still saves everyone a headslot/bodyslot item in a season mostly dusk/night but now everyone can enjoy all rain summer with the eyebrella if people dont like being wet.

10 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Between the bookcase costing 4 living logs and the books becoming increasingly expensive who is gonna be playing her on pubs? 

Plenty of people concern trolling about wicker griefing others but no foresight to think of how vulnerable wicker herself is to griefing. 

Survivors other than warly cant even open his cookware nevermind cook with it or pick them up. But anyone can just open the bookcase and take whatever they want out of it. A result no doubt because of max and wurt. 

Also 4 living logs is more than 1 totally normal tree you guys get that right?

So if god forbid we want to use any of the bookcase crafts before treeguards become a dime in a dozen we’re gonna have to hope for forests covered in TNTs? Which r basically all cleared on day 1 for s.manip and dark swords. Or rush ruins for a construction amulet? Rush the grotto for gnomes? 

Short of having a friendly wormwood in the pub i cant imagine unlocking the bookcase crafts is gonna be a pleasant experience. 

This definitely puts a dent in my early game playstyle of getting starcaller/decon/club in a ruin rush while hoping for a cane drop from AG

27 minutes ago, Ohan said:

urvivors other than warly cant even open his cookware nevermind cook with it or pick them up. But anyone can just open the bookcase and take whatever they want out of it. A result no doubt because of max and wurt. 

To be fair, Warly's cookware can be hammered down to dismantel it if it's in the way. I believe not being able to access it is more a constraint to keep the special recipies and 20% faster cook timer to Warly only. 

Despite that fact though I do agree that it would be nice for Wicker and other chracters with their own character specific storage methods to be able to lock the storage to themselves/ their survivor either by default or for it to be a toggleble option. With the living log problem yeah I get that, often I see Wormwood's who join pub servers immediatly being asked to sever multiple limbs for someone to get their dark-sword fix, tree guards never seem to spawn at the right times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

Omg, thank you so much for removing the ugly stubble line with the old Gladiator skin!!! re-doing the art for Wolfgang's old Gladiator skin! That's one change I liked tonight :lol:

GladiatorReDone!.jpg

MightyGladiator!.jpg

WimpyGladiatorSkinny.png

In the middle picture his face looks like:

:V

• Haha 8

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

niiice

Time to clear sea stacks as Maxwell once the update drops!

Was doing this before but couldn't ever have the light effect from Enlightened Crown while having shadow workers active which was really annoying and meant I had to waste flammables every night on a fire pit. Not having to do so and not having to worry about Wavey Jones is a game changer.

Request!

If anyone has all the book crafting recipes/costs handy I'd greatly appreciate them. Even if you could link me to somewhere where this has already been listed that would be amazing.

Just want to see what I should be farming up in anticipation - Console so no update for me as of yet. 

• Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, chiicone said:

Have a Warly on server and want to fight wet klaus? Maybe next year.

reading rain rituals in winter just causes snow, so this is irrelevant. But also you don't need a wetness bonus on Klaus imho.

18 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

I suppose nobody cares next to everything else, but what is the new recipe for the spiderweb book? (: Could someone tell me please? Thanks in advance.

it's 8 silk, 2 papyrus. Previous recipe had some amount of glands.

• Thanks 1

So Fencing Sword looks awesome but with 34 damage (the same as a Spear) and 200 uses it's quite bad, mostly because it has very slow, albeit fun, stabbing animation.
image.png.8123f28c50ba8ec205d9229541afa7ce.png

It also doesn't do anything with Fences sadly rotates Fences and Walls with right mouse button (I thought the wordplay would make it destroy fences in one hit, and that would be a nice thing to add on top of rotating fences, its slow animation could balance out destroying Fences in just one stab).

181691735_FencingSword.JPG.143a08cb4500c9333f62dab86523f461.JPG

Does anyone have a clue what is its purpose? PvP maybe?

PvP could still be a fun idea to add to this interesting weapon (though it's more of a tool to be honest).

Edited by Sapientis
Clarification and some additional ideas
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bellium said:

ree guards never seem to spawn at the right times

I don't think this is a bad thing. This is a good interaction online.

And in normal games, it is always necessary to cut down trees, which will not affect too much

4 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

Does anyone have a clue what is its purpose? PvP maybe?

It can be used to rotate the direction of fences, walls and road signs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xhyom said:

I wouldn't say excited but I was happy, but the way they handled the rework really put me off, everything looks like it was done but shouldn't have been and that's why they're scrapping. The effects weren't as impressive as the forum wants to make them out to be, but with this treatment, I mean, it's not that the nerfs are so bad that I think it done a lot of harm, it's just that it sounds like Klei is saying ok let it go, it didn't worked very well, let's move on to the next one.

Honestly I think that in the beginning when Klei first started these reworks they wanted to do something cool and make each character feel and play unique to one another- pretty much as they had promised they would do when they announced they would be doing reworks.. but then, over the years and the communities response to previous rework attempts- Klei simply lost the desire and heart to continue to create EPIC reworks, which is why some of the latter reworks felt lazy, rushed or uninspiring.

Klei wants our feedback, they claim they value it.. but honestly when it comes to Wigfrid & Also now I guess Wickerbottom: their reworks feel I guess the nicest way to put it is “Lacking” compared to others.

Maybe it’s the crunch to get monthly updates out that has them so far under pressure but honestly- I’d rather wait as long as it takes to get cool GOOD content and reworks instead of something that feels like it was done in a “let’s just get this over with” vibe.

What scares the hell out of me is JoeW has consistently teased that bigger more substantial content plans are in the works for 2023 & Beyond: But first they have to finish all the Reworks out & current roadmap as promised.

If Klei loses the heart & desire before we get to that point- we will end up with “Let’s just get this over with” Updates.

Moon Quay was an epic awesome new content update, but then it got hit with hard highly questionable nerf changes.. & it’s starting to feel a bit like even the folks who work on and design the game: Have no idea what or where they want their game to be, about a month or two ago I even messaged their Facebook account asking what type of game the DS/DST franchise was intended to be and I never got a response.

I was hoping Wickerbottom would have gotten some unique content outside of her books.. 

For example: Klei changed Catcoons so you can rummage through their Catcoon dens to loot them for stuff they have taken, so then why can’t someone like Wanda or Wickerbottom have Catcoons have a unique interaction where they steal items from them and carry them back to their stumps? 

Something exclusive to playing as the old lady that gives playing them a unique gameplay feel.

Aka Finding Pipspook, Assisting Pipspook, Getting Rewarded exclusive currency to make your abilities more powerful.

Wickerbottom didn’t get anything like that & it just sucks..

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Primalflower said:

unknown.png

its whatever. its a bit lamer, but not a big deal, the moose goose isn't huge to kill and the book isn't really relevant until spring anyway, outside of caves kind of filling with water during winter. I'd prefer for it not to have been touched, but its not a big deal.

WHAT 

This book let you get the pearl early(With Summer start). It was so useful for that. You could summon rain whenever you want and then give pearl an umbrella. Now that's going to be impossible because moose goose doesn't spawn until spring. Rip new pearl rushing strategy. that won't be doable anymore unless you plan to find pearl before that small amount of rain on day four falls

Edited by Ornge
  • Like 9
  • Sad 4

Idk how to feel about hostile flare.

It's good for public servers, but for me and sometimes my friends who play on privates, it's fine for us to get 1 clops and some mactusks in winter, we are fine with dividing things between us.

"Just don't craft it" - it's hard to not to craft something cool when the game allows you to do that :/

• Haha 1