[Game Update] - 516976

5 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Stone Fruit will no longer require being dropped individually for explosives to crack open.

image.png.d409d28fbb70deef5bd34b2233b75a0d.png

Ha, this change is neat! They even come out stacked already!

image.png.b399de1eec96f436ccc0a92aea866f20.png

Also thanks for clarification

20 minutes ago, IceTime said:

It can be used to rotate the direction of fences, walls and road signs.

13 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

Allows you to rotate fences/walls by right clicking on them with the sword.

Those spaces look kind of funny, but the mechanic opens up some better designs I think.

image.png.306e3fdbd58b71dc0723f2b802f7a30c.png

• Like 15
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

5 hours ago, Hornete said:

The Mega Flare spawns pirate raids, spawn McTusk hunting parties from their camps to flare location, and deerclops, all at a 60% chance.

There is no cooldown on the raids or deerclops.

Have fun farming!

ex cuse me what? eyeball and tusk farm? for free, just like that? something sussy

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

Just wait for the people, who had concerns about lunar and rain book being too cheap and affecting whole server and every player and being easy way to grief, to learn what does the Hostile Flare do :D :D :D 

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Happy Hazard 1

fencestab.thumb.gif.b70dcc12acc0e84ab7b7756740fc2986.giffenceswap.thumb.gif.d610489a68983b67764e1a77f5cfa8a5.gif

Neither of these animations are new, but they're obscure/unused ones, which I LOVE!
It's super nice seeing all of these either obscure or unused anims finally coming to light. Stuff like this and the lighting animations are just so, so, so nice.

EDIT: Walls, too!
image.thumb.png.e0997a9c876f416b8e3944a1a1c253aa.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Just wait for the people, who had concerns about lunar and rain book being too cheap and affecting whole server and every player and being easy way to grief, to learn what does the Hostile Flare do :D :D :D 

Well.. I mean it’s literally in the product purchase description: “or test your luck with strangers online”

DST has never been a multiplayer friendly game despite its selling point being the “Together” part- people can still kite Firehounds into your base, they can still chop wood in base and spawn poisonous Birchnutters, They can freely open and take things from your storage boxes & fridges- I mean in all honesty you should only play this game with people you KNOW you can trust.

And that’s honestly not a “bad” thing.. Just means playing with random strangers is going to be mixed bag of good/bad experiences. You’ll met people: your playstyles will match up, you will have fun. You will met other people who frustrate you and make your experience less enjoyable, who end up on your “do not play with” list.

And I don’t think Klei should spend so much time trying to balance the game around how easy or how hard it is to grief.. they’re literally wasting time and development resources that could’ve went into coming up with cool content updates.

The rest? Should be entirely on You as to who do or do not play with.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well.. I mean it’s literally in the product purchase description: “or test your luck with strangers online”

DST has never been a multiplayer friendly game despite its selling point being the “Together” part- people can still kite Firehounds into your base, they can still chop wood in base and spawn poisonous Birchnutters, They can freely open and take things from your storage boxes & fridges- I mean in all honesty you should only play this game with people you KNOW you can trust.

And that’s honestly not a “bad” thing.. Just means playing with random strangers is going to be mixed bag of good/bad experiences. You’ll met people: your playstyles will match up, you will have fun. You will met other people who frustrate you and make your experience less enjoyable, who end up on your “do not play with” list.

And I don’t think Klei should spend so much time trying to balance the game around how easy or how hard it is to grief.. they’re literally wasting time and development resources that could’ve went into coming up with cool content updates.

The rest? Should be entirely on You as to who do or do not play with.

yeah i know that i was just pointing out that people made a drama topics over a rain and full moon that can be summoned which is affecting whole server, and now when this item exists which isnt just a rain or light, its an actual threat by that logic we should expect a spam of topics "hostile flare too cheap" "hostile flare shouldnt summon literal boss for free" "one players cannot weild control over raids, bosses and mctusks"

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Flares:

Spawners take an average of 15 seconds (5 minimum, 25 maximum) to start spawning an enemy with the conditions:
- Deerclops: hardcoded 60% chance, no other deerclops, flare has to be set off on land, and deerclops must be allowed to spawn (i.e. winter, world settings)
- Pirates: hardcoded 60% chance, has to be off land
- Walrus: hardcoded 60% chance, no other walrus nearby, walruses being teleported (see below) must not be in combat
Walrus logic: entirely dependent on walrus camps in the world. You cannot have any walrus "spawn" without camps in the world, if there are walruses, they will be teleported near the player offscreen and target the player

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 1

41 minutes ago, -Variant said:

fencestab.thumb.gif.b70dcc12acc0e84ab7b7756740fc2986.giffenceswap.thumb.gif.d610489a68983b67764e1a77f5cfa8a5.gif

Neither of these animations are new, but they're obscure/unused ones, which I LOVE!
It's super nice seeing all of these either obscure or unused anims finally coming to light. Stuff like this and the lighting animations are just so, so, so nice.

I wish spear and maybe thulecite club had the same animations. they look so cool. Please Klei.:p

Edited by mkemal23
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Potato Cup 2

45 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Can the this be used to rotate the “Angle” that something in the world is placed within? For example turning a Carrat hut to its side or back view.

I know this does not currently exist in the game, so I am asking how hard would it be for a mod or future official update to implement this kind of feature?

4 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

I wish spear and maybe thulecite club had the same animations. they look so cool. Please Klei.:p

Also yes Spear and Pirate Cutlass stabby animations please :love_heart:

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can the this be used to rotate the “Angle” that something in the world is placed within? For example turning a Carrat hut to its side of back view.

I know this does not currently exist in the game, so I am asking how hard would it be for a mod or future official update to implement this kind of feature?

currently it's only usable on walls, directionsigns and not burning or burnt structures. The amount of rotation is configurable and it should be pretty easy to make it so that something else is rotatable, but, it might not have much purpose since walls and fences are unique in how they are orientated. Look at this example of a pig house:
dontstarve_steam_x64_dkjHhyHmJk.gif.7a9281a74183ccab043c79864ab1279e.gif

• Like 3

Now that we can farm pirate raids, I'm afraid of all the cursed trinkets, because they will be everywhere. You know... because it's just easier to kill yourself to get rid of it. I still think that the more cursed trinkets you have, the more chance to get raid by pirates is the correct solution, but hey, now we can farm deerclops too.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, Memetan said:

Now that we can farm pirate raids, I'm afraid of all the cursed trinkets, because they will be everywhere. You know... because it's just easier to kill yourself to get rid of it. I still think that the more cursed trinkets you have, the more chance to get raid by pirates is the correct solution, but hey, now we can farm deerclops too.

If you're actively farming raids, a quick trip to the Moon Quay Island won't kill you.

But there is a workaround of sorts to getting the Accursed Trinkets.

Since the real valuable loot (Captain's Tricorn, Pirate Stash Map, Battle Paddle) drops from the Prime Mate, you can simply kill the Prime Mate from a safe distance via cannon and let the Powder Monkeys sail away with his loot, including the Accursed Trinket. The loot will then be added to the Pirate Stash, which you can dig up whenever you want to.

This way, you can farm a theoretically infinite amount of pirate raids and only transform once when you dig up the Pirate Stash.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

23 minutes ago, sl2va said:

Honestly i really don't like recipe changes for rain book. Reason: season locking. I'm not that kind of person that playing all through seasons...

It's sad, but at least only the recipe was changed.

10 minutes ago, patdogr said:

currently it's only usable on walls, directionsigns and not burning or burnt structures. The amount of rotation is configurable and it should be pretty easy to make it so that something else is rotatable, but, it might not have much purpose since walls and fences are unique in how they are orientated. Look at this example of a pig house:
dontstarve_steam_x64_dkjHhyHmJk.gif.7a9281a74183ccab043c79864ab1279e.gif

This is because there are no existing sprites/animations for viewing houses from side or back angles correct? But if they had those side/back angles added to the game- would the fencing tool be able to rotate them and allow us to expand the way we decorate our worlds/bases even further?

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

where did u get that glasses?

7 hours ago, chiicone said:

I'm not complaining about being hard, just boring. Have a Warly on server and want to fight wet klaus? Maybe next year.

And as far as I know, you can have all wx circuits on day 1. Correct if I'm wrong

he has circuits for multiple bosses

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is because there are no existing sprites/animations for viewing houses from side or back angles correct? But if they had those side/back angles added to the game- would the fencing tool be able to rotate them and allow us to expand the way we decorate our worlds/bases even further?

Theoretically, yes. However there is no demand or need for Klei to go back and add additionally sets of angles and art for specific structures, and even less so since almost nothing else in the game aside from walls/fences actually have this behavior.
But if for whatever reason they were to have extra angles, yeah, it'd work.

10 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

where did u get that glasses?

I made these! You can currently find them in the "Skin API" mod on the workshop! It currently holds a select few Glasses I had made as an example and will sometime soon in the future have a community collaboration pack full of community made glasses.

• Big Ups 4

46 minutes ago, sl2va said:

Honestly i really don't like recipe changes for rain book. Reason: season locking. I'm not that kind of person that playing all through seasons...

then why would you ever use the rain book

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Adding sprites is a bit more complicated. Anything that already has the code 

inst.Transform:SetEightFaced()

(basically it doesn't rotate with the camera)
should be a good template for doing this though