[Game Update] - 516976

9 hours ago, -Variant said:

Theoretically, yes. However there is no demand or need for Klei to go back and add additionally sets of angles and art for specific structures, and even less so since almost nothing else in the game aside from walls/fences actually have this behavior.
But if for whatever reason they were to have extra angles, yeah, it'd work.

Actually I think it would be pretty beneficial to both Klei and to base builders if things could be “Rotated” to sit at different angles..

There are some things in the game that already do this such as that Cawnival game where you try to hit birds or whatever by firing the canon.

However (and please excuse my poorly edited rushed photo here..)

C250C9BD-F422-4601-A764-3C5D8AB6B3B0.thumb.jpeg.34a4eb93e8ea5f2d6d42b597eb734ce5.jpeg

If buildings could be rotated in multiple angles- AND those somehow rotated when the player Rotates their Map buttons it would allow me to view my Carrat houses from a Front, Side and Back View.

Now this may not SOUND important but in actuality it would help me know which direction I need to rotate my game world map to get it back to the “Fixed” position I like it to sit in (because rotating my world map can get confusing and I end up lost for a bit) There is also a Boat Ferris Wheel in the game now that makes things spin round and round, which would even make Boat Ferris Wheels look fancier if structures aboard spun with different angle views.

It’s something I can easily see a mod creator investing a few weeks into doing, but I’m not sure if it’s something Klei themselves would want to waste time doing, sure it would give us more freedom and creativity over how we build our bases.. but that’s also a lot of new front/side/back sprites they’d need to add.

I opted to use the Carrat hut as my example to showcase just how Darn adorable it would look if it were to ever be possible :love_heart:

If Klei is going to give us new tools to “Rotate” Fences and Walls- I’m going to barge into the thread with the “huh that’s cool, but what if we crank it up to 11?” Questions.

37 minutes ago, xhyom said:

As I said, the only useful book of this "random utility" is the fishing book, the rest is only good if you feel like burning some materials. If the only two really good books (that in my opinion are boring) are going to stay like this the rework has become two expensive books and an expensive bookshelf and maybe some bees, I can't say that's the most interesting thing in the world.

Idk I feel like the bee book will be very popular to Wicker players and sleepy time will be used alot more since you can craft multiple and alternate between them a fair amount of the books have nice uses and I know I'll be using them at least.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Primalflower said:

unknown.png

it attracts pirate raids. Pretty neat, honestly.

edit: more than that, maybe!

I love how the craft implies, that to attract enemies, you just send a couple fireworks their way that sprinkle slimey goo on them to piss them off xD

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Chubbylicious said:

I have one question: If I'm in a world with only one tusk camp, kill it's Walrus and release the flare, will another Walrus spawn?

Or the flare follows it's respawning cooldown cycle?

No, another won't spawn from using the flare

I'd like to throw my two cents in and say.

I think I like the new cost for Wickers Book shelve being L. Logs, they are not that easy to get early but add up over time making this a mid to late game structure, I feel that justifies what it does, because it just magically repairs books inside it.

I'm not too sure about the hostile flare but I like it. I think the cost could be increased to 2 glommer goop or have some kind of cooldown? Because it seems pretty good. IMO. Maybe not, this feature isn't something we've seen before.

Well about the fencing sword.....

Spoiler

BEST ITEM EVER LITERALLY BUSTED ACTUALLY OP KLEI PLEASE NERF IT CAN REPOST FENCES!!!!?!?!??!!??!
144458141_Theonlytierlistthatmatters.thumb.png.2417af573c9cf6d825e83e93c9c49085.png

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 6:53 AM, xhyom said:

Well that was it, one of the laziest reworks that has ever taken place, it seems that even the good little parts of the rework are not allowed to exist.
I have no intention of playing with her ever again, goodbye.

I love criticism. A lot of people don't critize because they are scared of receiving backlash on forums. I hope wickerbottoms lack of character perks will be adressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

I love criticism. A lot of people don't critize because they are scared of receiving backlash on forums. I hope wickerbottoms lack of character perks will be adressed.

Idk the criticism in that comment seems much more negative than constructive. There's a difference between not liking the direction the devs took for a character rework and wanting to change/add things as opposed to calling the labor spent for animating, coding, balancing, etc an update as lazy. 

• Like 5

Just now, Catteflyterpill said:

Idk the criticism in that comment seems much more negative than constructive. There's a difference between not liking the direction the devs took for a character rework and wanting to change/add things as opposed to calling the labor spent for animating, coding, balancing, etc an update as lazy. 

Yes but praising EVERYTHING is bad it can send a bad message to the devs. For example lets say they make a really small update and people dont think much about it and praise them for it. Then they will just continue to add a little amount of content because the devs will think that we are okay with it. The op of this comment went into more detail later why they don't like it and hearing criticism from someone who actually plays the character a lot is more important then praises from people that don't actually care about the character or don't know better themselfes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, _Ellat_ said:

Yes but praising EVERYTHING is bad it can send a bad message to the devs. For example lets say they make a really small update and people dont think much about it and praise them for it. Then they will just continue to add a little amount of content because the devs will think that we are okay with it. The op of this comment went into more detail later why they don't like it and hearing criticism from someone who actually plays the character a lot is more important then praises from people that don't actually care about the character or don't know better themselfes.

Problem with the mindset is a lot of the raging that's been going on is from people who keep trying to die on the hill that anyone disagreeing with them doesn't care about the character or is uninformed and it does more harm than good in multiple ways as it takes the discussion away from what matters the character and silences people who wish to share their opinions on the topic and even if they don't intend it their arguments are tainted their with the look of bias because of it which weakens their points even when good points are being made.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

The original doesn't do much for constructive criticism though. Which I agree criticism is a vital part of any well made project. Echo chambers, positive or negative, are bad. But the original comment doesn't go into detail. Maybe some of the other posts by the user are better at deconstructing the flaws with the update. But the peak of elaboration in the comment was "it seems that even the good little parts of the rework are not allowed to exist." 

I'm sure you can see why comments like these don't facilitate conversation or meaningful change but rather take away from it. A better alternative would be something like 'I'm really disappointed with the nerfs to the crafting recipes in this hotfix. I think the devs are overestimating the ability to get some of the items for Wicker players.'

Edited by Catteflyterpill

3 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

The original doesn't do much for constructive criticism though. Which I agree criticism is a vital part of any well made project. Echo chambers, positive or negative, are bad. But the original comment doesn't go into detail. Maybe some of the other posts by the user are better at deconstructing the flaws with the update. But the peak of elaboration in the comment was "it seems that even the good little parts of the rework are not allowed to exist." 

I'm sure you can see why comments like these don't facilitate conversation or meaningful change but rather take away from it. A better alternative would be something like 'I'm really disappointed with the nerfs to the crafting recipes in this hotfix. I think the devs are overestimating the ability to get some of the items for Wicker players.'

Yes the original comment was not very constructive and very negative but that was a nice reality check. Actual points and arguments were made later and a love a more negative point of view it helps to look on something from a diffrent pov so we can draw more conclusions from it. Sometimes most of the forums sharing the same opinion on something feels unnatural I'm glad some people can actually oppose those opinions not fearing the backlash. I am really looking forward to see ops points addressed by klei(if they do).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to explain myself better: I don't see problems with the nerfs in the cost of the books, it's just that if the only things that are going to happen in this rework are nerfs I'm out. Not even one of the suggestions was taken into account other than the useless spider book that remains useless.

Are you going to nerf the full moon book? Great, so maybe we could see some changes in the horticulture book, it's kind of weak compared to the previous version, right? Not even a simple change from 15 to 18? (Even that way it would make less crops than Abridged, this is literally only aesthetical) Does the rain book need nerfs? Perfect, how about taking a closer look at the temperature book? How about a little resistance? No? More changes to the shelf? How about a small QoL on On Tentacles as a safe distance, making walls is not smart, it's almost a bug. Bee book? Etc...

If you don't see a problem, great, but I can't help but get frustrated seeing EVERYTHING getting more attention in the WICKERBOTTOM patch.

Edited by xhyom
I also want to make it clear that I never said that someone shouldn't give their opinion for not playing with the character, I just made a negative post because I was frustrated. And I still am.
  • Like 9
  • Health 1

14 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Yes the original comment was not very constructive and very negative but that was a nice reality check. Actual points and arguments were made later and a love a more negative point of view it helps to look on something from a diffrent pov so we can draw more conclusions from it. Sometimes most of the forums sharing the same opinion on something feels unnatural I'm glad some people can actually oppose those opinions not fearing the backlash. I am really looking forward to see ops points addressed by klei(if they do).

I strongly disagree. I think people voicing their opinions in jagged or condescending ways takes away from the overall argument. I hate finding that I agree with an opinion when somebody is being really callous in how they're saying it. It doens't help to persuade but rather dissuade when somebody is being hostile. 

And I think I understand the base of your concern. It's a little sappy seeing people bandwagon positivity and makes it feel like those with actual concerns aren't being heard or even silenced because they disagree or have critiques. However, I think the way aggressive communication of criticism doesn't lend itself to create a healthy conversation and rather creates polarization or makes other people feel uncomfortable from entering into a dialogue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catteflyterpill said:

I strongly disagree. I think people voicing their opinions in jagged or condescending ways takes away from the overall argument. I hate finding that I agree with an opinion when somebody is being really callous in how they're saying it. It doens't help to persuade but rather dissuade when somebody is being hostile. 

And I think I understand the base of your concern. It's a little sappy seeing people bandwagon positivity and makes it feel like those with actual concerns aren't being heard or even silenced because they disagree or have critiques. However, I think the way aggressive communication of criticism doesn't lend itself to create a healthy conversation and rather creates polarization or makes other people feel uncomfortable from entering into a dialogue. 

Oh no no no I never meant to sound like I want people to act like they are always right and everyone is wrong. Hostility I don't like but negativity especially the one someone can relate to suggests more people actually feel that something is a problem. That's why I believe xyhom's concerns should be heared and addressed. I'm happy you understand where I'm coming from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xhyom said:

I want to explain myself better: I don't see problems with the nerfs in the cost of the books, it's just that if the only things that are going to happen in this rework are nerfs I'm out. Not even one of the suggestions was taken into account other than the useless spider book that remains useless.

Are you going to nerf the full moon book? Great, so maybe we could see some changes in the horticulture book, it's kind of weak compared to the previous version, right? Not even a simple change from 15 to 18? (Even that way it would make less crops than Abridged, this is literally only aesthetical) Does the rain book need nerfs? Perfect, how about taking a closer look at the temperature book? How about a little resistance? No? More changes to the shelf? How about a small QoL on On Tentacles as a safe distance, making walls is not smart, it's almost a bug. Bee book? Etc...

If you don't see a problem, great, but I can't help but get frustrated seeing EVERYTHING getting more attention in the WICKERBOTTOM patch.

I do agree the temperature book really needs a look it's being over shadowed and it really could be better. Horticulture I'm kinda iffy on personally it's definitely weaker than it's old self but it's also quite powerful when considering farms I feel like a compromise might be to increase food producers effected on the weaker book to be higher than the upgraded one so that you get more foods but not more near perfect crops.

• Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, xhyom said:

it's just that if the only things that are going to happen in this rework are nerfs I'm out.

I can't help but get frustrated

This is exactly how i felt during the last beta with pirate raids being nerfed. 

I rememeber saying we should wait a bit and allow more time for people to test stuff before we nerf it into the ground and this was your response to me:

The beta is there to be tested and tuned according to the tests of those who propose to judge the content before it is oficially launched, of course people will give their opinion, especially the negative ones, there are several threads explaining their experience with pirate attacks and why they deserve an extra attention.

As how it always goes on these forums the people have spoken, and i'll use your words here,  judged the content, gave their opinion, and created several threads explaining why Wickers books deserved extra attention. I'm just glad i sat this one out.

15 minutes ago, sudoku said:

This is exactly how i felt during the last beta with pirate raids being nerfed. 

I rememeber saying we should wait a bit and allow more time for people to test stuff before we nerf it into the ground and this was your response to me:

As how it always goes on these forums the people have spoken, and i'll use your words here,  judged the content, gave their opinion, and created several threads explaining why Wickers books deserved extra attention. I'm just glad i sat this one out.

I said this because you said we should wait longer instead of giving our feedback, but it was pretty clear they were too strong. I also didn't like the way they treated the content, that's why I said it deserved more attention and not a nerf that basically erases the content, just like it happened, there were several suggestions to decrease the power of the monkeys, Klei preferred to go the way to pretend that they don't even exist.

And like I said, I don't see a problem with the nerfs if the other books could get more love. Anyway, it's very difficult to say that the forum decided that since the threads on the subject received very negative responses, one was even deleted.

But I must apologize to you, I really was very aggressive.

• Health 1

1 minute ago, xhyom said:

I said this because you said we should wait longer instead of giving our feedback, but it was pretty clear they were too strong. I also didn't like the way they treated the content, that's why I said it deserved more attention and not a nerf that basically erases the content, just like it happened, there were several suggestions to decrease the power of the monkeys, Klei preferred to go the way to pretend that they don't even exist.

And like I said, I don't see a problem with the nerfs if the other books could get more love. Anyway, it's very difficult to say that the forum decided that since the threads on the subject received very negative responses, one was even deleted.

But I must apologize to you, I really was very aggressive.

Its all good.

I'm sick of the betas, personally, and getting attached to how something plays and then finding out im on the other side of the community and watching it get changed.

It makes me mad at the developers more than anything, like stick up for what you created! What was the vision during development? With all due respect to the community I want to play the game developed by klei entertainment not the klei forums.

And of course they should listen to feedback, feedback is great, especially in the context of quality of life. But it often feels like instead of feedback being used to make minor improvements to the game its used to shape how entire content updates play and that, to me, is the issue i have.

• Like 1
  • Health 2

13 hours ago, WhackE said:

I'd like to throw my two cents in and say.

I think I like the new cost for Wickers Book shelve being L. Logs, they are not that easy to get early but add up over time making this a mid to late game structure, I feel that justifies what it does, because it just magically repairs books inside it.

I'm not too sure about the hostile flare but I like it. I think the cost could be increased to 2 glommer goop or have some kind of cooldown? Because it seems pretty good. IMO. Maybe not, this feature isn't something we've seen before.

Well about the fencing sword.....

Hide contents

BEST ITEM EVER LITERALLY BUSTED ACTUALLY OP KLEI PLEASE NERF IT CAN REPOST FENCES!!!!?!?!??!!??!
144458141_Theonlytierlistthatmatters.thumb.png.2417af573c9cf6d825e83e93c9c49085.png

MOVE SADDLEHORNUP

• Big Ups 2

7 hours ago, xhyom said:

I strongly agree with a lot of the points you made in this thread. Something about this rework does feel slightly off. Pre-rework I used some books often ( mainly applied horticulture and sleepytime stories) and others hardly at all ( *cough* end is nigh *couch*). After this rework i really dont see myself using many of these new books besides a select few.

This would have been the perfect opportunity to really bring some other books up to par as well as add something to Wicker herself unrelated to books. The feedback for her has mostly been surrounding the moon book and rain book, but I would have liked to see more suggestions surrounding what can be added/ tweaked to Wickerbottom to really make this character shine.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, Capybara007 said:

i cannot remember the last time someone griefed by killing glommer

its like when people say griefers usually grief by taking the archive gems, that never happens i dont get it

Yeah I was being slightly sarcastic. People always complain about greifers but the reality is that people just like to complain, apparently.