[Game Update] - 516976

Very happy Wortox is getting some love, and thanks for the hard work and iterating on feedback as usual!

Imo it still would be nice if something could be added to insulate Woodie players from moonstorms and Wicker's full moons.

Also, it bears repeating that the new Lunar Grimoire cost doesn't actually gate it as an ability effectively, seeing as you can swipe opals from the Archives day 1.. Maybe changing it to a moon caller's staff would be better at gating it, if that was the goal of the change?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, h2mk said:

i agree please change it to 2 grass and 2 twigs also wx78 rework should be removed

I'm not complaining about being hard, just boring. Have a Warly on server and want to fight wet klaus? Maybe next year.

And as far as I know, you can have all wx circuits on day 1. Correct if I'm wrong

• Health 1

4 minutes ago, chiicone said:

Have a Warly on server and want to fight wet klaus? Maybe next year.

Genuine question when was the last time someone used volt goat jelly on klaus 

i think you’re just making up issues here 

• Like 1

the hostile flare is such an amazing addition, it solves so many multiplayer-oriented issues that have been present since the beginning of the game. no more having to fight between one eyeball in a server full of a dozen people. same for mactusk drops

• Like 29

51 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

unknown.png

its whatever. its a bit lamer, but not a big deal, the moose goose isn't huge to kill and the book isn't really relevant until spring anyway, outside of caves kind of filling with water during winter. I'd prefer for it not to have been touched, but its not a big deal.

The recepie isn't really any more expensive but locks the craft till spring, which means some rain gear is needed before season start but alos wicker players can't grief the server by starting rain in autumn. Overall realy solid change :D

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

I mean i don wanna be that guy buuut…

whats the numbers on that sword if ya thwack an enemy with it

spear damage with 200 uses, uses spear and two flint to craft and has unique animation.

Edited by Mahoood
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Potato Cup 1

Well that was it, one of the laziest reworks that has ever taken place, it seems that even the good little parts of the rework are not allowed to exist.
I have no intention of playing with her ever again, goodbye.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3
  • Wavey 3
  • Shopcat 5
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 6

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

The Mega Flare spawns pirate raids, spawn McTusk hunting parties from their camps to flare location, and deerclops, all at a 60% chance.

There is no cooldown on the raids or deerclops.

Have fun farming!

And suddenly I care about glommer again I love the idea of this thing.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Well that was it, one of the laziest reworks that has ever taken place, it seems that even the good little parts of the rework are not allowed to exist.
I have no intention of playing with her ever again, goodbye.

Neato, no need to be so rude. They worked hard on the update, and many others including myself greatly enjoyed it. Im sorry you didnt get what you wanted out of it, but i think its fantastic

• Like 22
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

3 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Neato, no need to be so rude. They worked hard on the update, and many others including myself greatly enjoyed it. Im sorry you didnt get what you wanted out of it, but i think its fantastic

I'm just a little frustrated as it seems like everything gets more attention than the character that was supposed to be featured in this update.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

• Wortox Map Soul Hop will try to find Ocuvigils to go to if the Hop is not on land.
  • The correct book will be shown during Wurt’s reading animation.

that's beautiful! 

• Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

The Mega Flare spawns pirate raids, spawn McTusk hunting parties from their camps to flare location, and deerclops, all at a 60% chance.

There is no cooldown on the raids or deerclops.

Have fun farming!

A few questions:

1) Does it matter what season I use the flare in? Would I be able to get mactusks in the middle of summer, or would it simply not have any effect during non-winter seasons?

2) Does summoning Deerclops this way mess with their natural respawn timer?

3) Does the flare allow the monkeys to be summoned anywhere on the ocean, or just in the area they already reside in?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

What all does the “Hostile Flare” effect?

I am so tired of everything in the game being passive towards me, if this will force Mobs that only become aggressive once I attack them into triggering a hostile status, I’ll be happy with this new toy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xhyom said:

I'm just a little frustrated as it seems like everything gets more attention than the character that was supposed to be featured in this update.

It is fine to be frustrated friend, but wickerbottom has gotten lots of love in her own update. Yeah some books got hit with the nerf stick, maybe they deserved it, maybe not. But wickerbottoms got a lot of new interesting powers. They’re just mostly fairly straightforward. Which is good, but therenisnt too too much to be discussed about the apiculture book for instance. Its all a balance question right now

but klei went above and beyond and added a new ability to wortox too, so they needed to try and balanced that. It didn’t actually get more interest, its just a very neat thematically accurate power. People like discussing it.

i still think they should do something minor with woodie too, as he’s being harassed by wickerbottom atm, and he has quite a lot of penalties for turning into his wereforma, which will now be a big pain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, splorange said:

the hostile flare is such an amazing addition, it solves so many multiplayer-oriented issues that have been present since the beginning of the game. no more having to fight between one eyeball in a server full of a dozen people. same for mactusk drops

It could also be used for some insane griefing; spawning bosses / pirates on people who are either not wanting or not willing to fight is certainly not pleasant. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 3

McTusk hunting parties

Wdym? It just attracts 1 or 4 elder mactusks to the location depending on how many camps you have?

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Added the Hostile Flare

Does it work with Deerclops set on "None"?