[Game Update] - 516976

21 minutes ago, FourthLess said:

It's about time save though, you only consider speed of chopping but digging up stumps also takes time and shadow diggers help with it greatly. Shame that more than one of them doesn't really do anything. Also yeah, merms do shred Treeguards, so both of these characters have their ups and downs like a cost of the minions themselves. 

I think Maxwell is in absolutely fine spot but he's a bit boring and I can't wait for his character refresh to arrive. 

well i tested it out, chopping 200 trees, the merms won i think by an day beacause of the tree guards, maxwell is good like an support to the strategy using the diggers only, but as an main chopper, only worth it in the first days or on the decidious tree biomes on winter, and caves trees
Edit:
-but in the end the real problem with him is not the loggers neither diggers and the miners, in the end it is all the duellist fault, but an nice fix for now is the guards focusing on maxwell and not the puppets when they spawn, i only talk about the resource capabilities because thats the only thing going for him besides the wicker books, the duelists arent even in the game for me.
so my thougth is that wicker was an ok/good caracter now she is an mid/ late game dominator of the world and elements and people still complain

Edited by edulopes

2 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Players could grief by killing Glommer, now they can use her goop to grief even further :D

i cannot remember the last time someone griefed by killing glommer

its like when people say griefers usually grief by taking the archive gems, that never happens i dont get it

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

i cannot remember the last time someone griefed by killing glommer

its like when people say griefers usually grief by taking the archive gems, that never happens i dont get it

I don't see a griefer going out of thier way to craft the flare when you can just easily craft a torch. These griefing claims just don't make sense lol.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I don't see a griefer going out of thier way to craft the flare when you can just easily craft a torch. These griefing claims just don't make sense lol.

Agreed though I could see a wortox player tricking the team with a pirate raid at sea then warping away.:lol:

1 hour ago, FourthLess said:

Merms can't dig up stumps though, Maxwell still is superior logs harvester (if you don't count Bearger) :lemo:

Depends really Maxwell is more efficient but Wurt will chop a forest far faster so she can replace him with sheer quantity.

16 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

People saying that griefing claims just don't make sense don't get the point; there being easier ways to grief doesn't mean that more difficult ways to grief just don't matter anymore. Machine guns being very dangerous doesn't mean that handguns aren't something we have to worry about anymore. In general things should be designed with their impact on other players in mind, that is pretty common sense. Like how eating a mandrake doesn't put others to sleep anymore in non PVP, it took almost no effort to make a good change that (even though rare), makes it no longer impact another players. 

In that sense, making the hostile flare spawn a boss/pirate raid/attacker who is then only fixated/only going to target the person who summoned it is pretty common sense. It would take next to no effort to implement (like the above) and would be generally good and sensible in my view. Small things like that should be done more frequently whenever possible. (On the same note, the person who turns on the terrarium should be targeted by the eye of terror/twins. I never got why that wasn't the case already)

The same people who mentioned that the griefing claims don't make sense also then claim that wickerbottom's bookshelf being accessible by everyone means that they're going to grief the books, but books have always been incredibly easy targets of griefing. Even right now in the game you cannot store them in an exclusive container, and books are readily burned by a torch or in a firepit. I don't get it honestly

• Big Ups 2

Just now, thegreatmanagement said:

Even right now in the game you cannot store them in an exclusive container, and books are readily burned by a torch or in a firepit. I don't get it honestly

Currently u can keep any book on u and use them up entirely and craft a new one when u need it thats always what i have done on pubs. I dont even leave hort next to the farm. 

Theres no need to store them especially because there are only a handful of books and most are too niche to be used outside of dedicated farms where you have supervision over them. 

After the refresh you are heavily incentivised to leave ur many books including the grimoire which requires an opal and rain rituals which require goose feathers in the bookcase made out of living logs where anything could happen to them. 

this is what i mean… this feels like basic wickerbottom 101 knowledge. 

• Like 1

Thanks! A lot! U guys are amazing. This leaks are pretty neat.

Also I want to make sure u guys see this suggestions cuz I do think it could improve Wortox for good and once it get lost in the amount of complains about the Rain Ritual... 

Here:

> Be able to tell what allies need healing, maybe even to the extent of being able to see all the other creatures “souls” (hp) for good measure about how much and when heal allies

> be able to teleport active ridden beefalos to cut the dismounting animation once it gets annoying how often u have to do it

> be able to heal minions, specially now since we have 2 very good minion characters and one of which can share part of this perk with Wortox via Wurt mask, includind ridden beefalos, for a more engaging late game Wortox."

> And add a possibility to be able to fully lit a Night light with a soul, adding do this item more utility than the its actual  state

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for this all to hit main!

Makes me want to try playing Wickerbottom as my next character.

39 minutes ago, Well-met said:

yeah she has no unique widget to charge up

Hey-o, but neither does Walter.

Edited by Omninano
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, patdogr said:

Flares:
- Walrus: hardcoded 60% chance, no other walrus nearby, walruses being teleported (see below) must not be in combat
Walrus logic: entirely dependent on walrus camps in the world. You cannot have any walrus "spawn" without camps in the world, if there are walruses, they will be teleported near the player offscreen and target the player

I have one question: If I'm in a world with only one tusk camp, kill it's Walrus and release the flare, will another Walrus spawn?

Or the flare follows it's respawning cooldown cycle?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

reading rain rituals in winter just causes snow, so this is irrelevant.

You can make the world wet near the end of autumn and it will stay wet for a really long time. In caves im pretty sure its for the entire winter but idk for sure about the overworld. 

so in fact its not irrelevant. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, splorange said:

the hostile flare is such an amazing addition, it solves so many multiplayer-oriented issues that have been present since the beginning of the game. no more having to fight between one eyeball in a server full of a dozen people. same for mactusk drops

Now 2-3 camps will fight over glommer goops

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly I think that in the beginning when Klei first started these reworks they wanted to do something cool and make each character feel and play unique to one another- pretty much as they had promised they would do when they announced they would be doing reworks.. but then, over the years and the communities response to previous rework attempts- Klei simply lost the desire and heart to continue to create EPIC reworks, which is why some of the latter reworks felt lazy, rushed or uninspiring.

Klei wants our feedback, they claim they value it.. but honestly when it comes to Wigfrid & Also now I guess Wickerbottom: their reworks feel I guess the nicest way to put it is “Lacking” compared to others.

Maybe it’s the crunch to get monthly updates out that has them so far under pressure but honestly- I’d rather wait as long as it takes to get cool GOOD content and reworks instead of something that feels like it was done in a “let’s just get this over with” vibe.

I always hated small updates because they felt directionless and rushed, they were a big part of the problem with the ocean content, but I accepted it with no problem. But after Moonquay everything got a lot weirder, always that feeling of "it didn't work let's go to the next one, I have a schedule to meet" "I can't spend much time on it, here take this new item that wasn't planned for now, forget about rework". It's not that it's bad, the updates are amazing the new items are great, but this feeling puts me down.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I was hoping Wickerbottom would have gotten some unique content outside of her books.. 

For example: Klei changed Catcoons so you can rummage through their Catcoon dens to loot them for stuff they have taken, so then why can’t someone like Wanda or Wickerbottom have Catcoons have a unique interaction where they steal items from them and carry them back to their stumps? Something exclusive to playing as the old lady that gives playing them a unique gameplay feel.

Aka Finding Pipspook, Assisting Pipspook, Getting Rewarded exclusive currency to make your abilities more powerful. Wickerbottom didn’t get anything like that & it just sucks..

I'm not against the update being only focused on the books, but they would need to be nice books. A book that turns the light/rain on and off was not interesting, the community itself was already talking about it on the first day but that's ok, but then came nerfs after nerfs and it seems that even the boring books shouldn't be there.

In the end almost none of the suggestions from the community were made, apart from nerfs that had been well rejected by most only the spider book changed, and remained a totally useless book like it was at the beginning.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xhyom said:

I always hated small updates because they felt directionless and rushed, they were a big part of the problem with the ocean content, but I accepted it with no problem. But after Moonquay everything got a lot weirder, always that feeling of "it didn't work let's go to the next one, I have a schedule to meet" "I can't spend much time on it, here take this new item that wasn't planned for now, forget about rework". It's not that it's bad, the updates are amazing the new items are great, but this feeling puts me down.

I'm not against the update being only focused on the books, but they would need to be nice books. A book that turns the light/rain on and off was not interesting, the community itself was already talking about it on the first day but that's ok, but then came nerfs after nerfs and it seems that even the boring books shouldn't be there.

In the end almost none of the suggestions from the community were made, apart from nerfs that had been well rejected by most only the spider book changed, and remained a totally useless book like it was at the beginning.

Dude, wickerbottom got game changes in book form. Aside from altering the moon phases and changing the weather she also got a ton of random utility, im not sure what uou were expecting from wickerbottom’s rework but shes never once been a combat character. She even got minions, what did you want? Offensive magic?

• Sanity 1

21 minutes ago, xhyom said:

I literally just woke up, so it feels a little odd that you would reply to this when I wake up making it look like I have no life and reply instantly, I mean yeah I do have no life- but if you would’ve replied to this hours ago I would still be under the effects of sleepy time stories.

Anyways- it is now 4Pm and the last possible Thursday of July, And the Wickerbottom update did not come out. Even more weird than that- Not even an Announcement post that Wickerbottoms Rework is coming Next Week has been made.. so, it’s possible Klei is taking the time to evaluate all the feedback and come up with a Wickerbottom rework that makes everyone happy (god please do something unique and interesting with TEIN)

Also if her bookshelf is going to require living logs, maybe give her a book that enrages Tree Guards to life? 

22 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Dude, wickerbottom got game changes in book form. Aside from altering the moon phases and changing the weather she also got a ton of random utility, im not sure what uou were expecting from wickerbottom’s rework but shes never once been a combat character. She even got minions, what did you want? Offensive magic?

As I said, the only useful book of this "random utility" is the fishing book, the rest is only good if you feel like burning some materials. If the only two really good books (that in my opinion are boring) are going to stay like this the rework has become two expensive books and an expensive bookshelf and maybe some bees, I can't say that's the most interesting thing in the world.

Edited by xhyom
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

are you aware that once crafted they are infinity?

I know, but I still don't see them appearing much on the servers if it's not in an extremely specific theoretical situation

• Like 1