TODAY'S Klei Fest "Big Announcements" Speculation and Discussion

What are youre guesses on what the "big announcements" are?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think are the most likely

• Update on switch DSTs parity to other versions
    • Support for offline play for DLC DST characters
    • Playstation cross progression for DST
    • ONI console port
    • Griftlands DLC announcement
    • ONI DLC #2 reveal
    • Singleplayer Dont Starve DLC
    • Streaming show based on a klei property
    • New merch partner
    • Cross play for DST
    • New game announcement

Might just be a look at the next content update, which we havent had since last August. While thatd be cool id be disappointed in the context of ''klei fest''. But they did say they have a couple announcements so i guess thatd be fine

Roughly how long until it releases? Might be another 3am stay up for me just so I can at least see what is in store!

God I hope console get whatever the patch is at the same time... I'm guessing because its specifically Klei Fest we will but I guess we'll find out soon!

I expect that today's post will have a paragraph like this:

I know we mentioned big news last week, but it needs a little more time before we can announce. Hopefully we'll be able to get it out in the next couple weeks.

54 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Roughly how long until it releases? Might be another 3am stay up for me just so I can at least see what is in store!

God I hope console get whatever the patch is at the same time... I'm guessing because its specifically Klei Fest we will but I guess we'll find out soon!

I dont think any news will hit before at least noon est  

So at least another 12 hours

1 minute ago, LunarCat said:

id be curious to see new dont starve dlc, ive had my fun with hamlet, ROG, and shipwrecked, but id be curious to see what the devs do for a new dlc

Unless they have changed their minds on the matter they said they never plan to release DLC for DST because it would split the playerbase into groups of people who do have it and don't have it which would cripple the multiplayer environment.

Imo I highly doubt anything of serious consequence to DST will be announced at best, and at worst they're going to announce something most players really aren't going to want or be happy with.

1 minute ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I'll hope for the impossible and expect the announvements to pertain the 2nd batch of DST Funko pops

If they do I hope they don't attach exclusive skins to them again, my wallet was pretty damaged buying the first batch off the Steam Marketplace.

3 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Whoa the news is live. Looks like new game announcement wins

Edit: and now its gone

I would consider Wilbur(that was Wilbur right?) a pretty big announcement tbh. He was a pretty bad character in SP so hopefully he's not as bad in DST.

Archived