TODAY'S Klei Fest "Big Announcements" Speculation and Discussion

What are youre guesses on what the "big announcements" are?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think are the most likely

• Update on switch DSTs parity to other versions
    • Support for offline play for DLC DST characters
    • Playstation cross progression for DST
    • ONI console port
    • Griftlands DLC announcement
    • ONI DLC #2 reveal
    • Singleplayer Dont Starve DLC
    • Streaming show based on a klei property
    • New merch partner
    • Cross play for DST
    • New game announcement

3 minutes ago, cropo said:

I would consider Wilbur(that was Wilbur right?) a pretty big announcement tbh. He was a pretty bad character in SP so hopefully he's not as bad in DST.

Is it Wilbur? The silhouette has no crown and instead there looks like there are ribbons on either side of their head

We were all wrong, it’s Wilbur from Shipwrecked finally coming to DST as a playable character.

Im excited to play as Monkee..

But… Will this update also add hostile surface apes that can carry swords?

Or MAYBE those are Maxwells New Shadow Workers LMAO capable of equipping them with DarkSwords..?

Just now, sudoku said:

Is it Wilbur? The silhouette has no crown and instead there looks like there are ribbons on either side of their head

It's possible they are going to introduce a new faction of pirate monkeys along with Wilbur so that he has followers to command on the surface. Wilbur also doesn't have his crown unless the player gives it to him in SP, a random monkey is running around with it. He's probably going to be introduced as a character refresh right off the bat like Warly was so something may have happened to him making him lose or give up his crown again coming into the constant.

They might even have the gall to make Splemunkeys continue to be unfaithful to him like they are in SP.

Hey im not mad i asked just a week or 2 ago for them to bring Wilbur over and have him interaxt with spelumonkies when someone called Wagstaff and Wilbur the ugliest characters

Question now becomes how do they make a third character based around a follower playstyle unique 

4 hours ago, cropo said:

It's possible they are going to introduce a new faction of pirate monkeys along with Wilbur so that he has followers to command on the surface. Wilbur also doesn't have his crown unless the player gives it to him in SP, a random monkey is running around with it. He's probably going to be introduced as a character refresh right off the bat like Warly was so something may have happened to him making him lose or give up his crown again coming into the constant.

They might even have the gall to make Splemunkeys continue to be unfaithful to him like they are in SP.

My thoughts exactly. I'm guessing it will be a new boss fight or something similar, but I don't think Wilbur is too unrealistic of a hope. Either way, even if we don't get Wilbur, you can't go wrong with pirate monkeys.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

We were all wrong, it’s Wilbur from Shipwrecked finally coming to DST as a playable character.

I don't find this very likely, and i would rather they did something new with monkeys other than old wilbur.

56 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Looks like more crowkid dialogue got added.

was wortox during testing, maybe its something they say no matter what, or maybe they say it all the time
20220602223026_1.thumb.jpg.246f9758b3439ba7c9832db03c87bda7.jpg

this seems new to me

20220602223643_1.thumb.jpg.b380d85ecaf5f551354f6231b6fe61cd.jpg

crow murder? this text only seems to happen at night

20220602225255_1.thumb.jpg.30ce396093a54f791081fd3fe47888eb.jpg

Archived