TODAY'S Klei Fest "Big Announcements" Speculation and Discussion

What are youre guesses on what the "big announcements" are?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think are the most likely

• Update on switch DSTs parity to other versions
    • Support for offline play for DLC DST characters
    • Playstation cross progression for DST
    • ONI console port
    • Griftlands DLC announcement
    • ONI DLC #2 reveal
    • Singleplayer Dont Starve DLC
    • Streaming show based on a klei property
    • New merch partner
    • Cross play for DST
    • New game announcement

45 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Those two have been in development for years. You can see Tyrone Rex in Hallowed Nights as a trinket. Same with the snake toy.

WRONG ANSWERE! there disign flaw is that they seem to not have tails at all, like, thats a disign flaw

1 minute ago, Echsrick said:

so you wanted to tell me, they shomehow transform into animals, but somehow still missing there tails?

Yeah, it's like how the TMNT doesn't have tails. They're human hybrids. It's based on old toys like the galactic warriors(tmnt bootlegs). It has to do with the toy manufacturers in universe not putting extra money into adding tails and whatnot.

14 hours ago, Echsrick said:

exactly what they say, but here is something i want to say what they anounce, there is 1 thing, and i show you the picture and you goin to guess whats wrong whit these 2 characters
image.thumb.png.4fdcab586a64a3e3996090ac113e50f0.png

tell me, what is wrong whit these 2 REPTILIEAN CHARACTERS!?! tell me, can you see the disign flaw i see whit these 2? can you? because i cant unsee it whats MISSING! so i wonder if you can too?

tails? scales?

Everyones acting like SP DLC is so farfetched, but SW was in beta Dec 2015 then hamlet was in beta Oct 2018.

Thats a 3ish year gap, so we'd kinda be due for a new dlc following the timeline.

Let me dream at least.

34 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Everyones acting like SP DLC is so farfetched, but SW was in beta Dec 2015 then hamlet was in beta Oct 2018.

Thats a 3ish year gap, so we'd kinda be due for a new dlc following the timeline.

Let me dream at least.

I think the reason a single player dlc feels far-fetched is that single player is starting to slowly but very assuredly feel out-dated.

It doesn’t have all the cool newer stuff Klei has been doing such as all the very fun new character reworks, or the updated farming mechanics, or the awesome skins we all bought/earned/unlocked.

And to be Quite honest with you I for one would be a little disappointed if Klei made a new Single Player DLC for an Outdated game, when they could have spent that time making a big DLC for the more up to date game that lets me play with up to 5 of my friends.

Klei however: Does things on their own schedule and goes completely against what is commonly accepted amongst at least the Xbox/PlayStation gamers community:

Example: Would you realistically expect them to add new content into the highly outdated (but great for its time..) 2009 game Batman Arkham Asylum? Or do you think that any fun new playable characters, boss fights or ideas are going to be saved for the Upcoming 2022 game Batman Gotham Knights?

But I won’t destroy your dream of it happening because destroying peoples dreams are cruel :( <\3

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think the reason a single player dlc feels far-fetched is that single player is starting to slowly but very assuredly feel out-dated.

It doesn’t have all the cool newer stuff Klei has been doing such as all the very fun new character reworks, or the updated farming mechanics, or the awesome skins we all bought/earned/unlocked.

And to be Quite honest with you I for one would be a little disappointed if Klei made a new Single Player DLC for an Outdated game, when they could have spent that time making a big DLC for the more up to date game that lets me play with up to 5 of my friends.

I dont know if id call it "outdated", it just plays differently than DST. Until they officially come out with a statement saying they are done with the SP version, im still gonna hold out hope. And i dont think for a second they would take away resources from DST to work on a SP DLC. DST still had boatloads of content while hamlet was being worked on by a second team. 

You cant really compare Batman to Dont Starve. Dont Starve recieved dlc 3 years ago, not the 13 years between the first and next batman game. The Sims is a better example, i think, where you have a base sandbox game that keeps getting DLC and expansions for about 5-8 years. The existance of DST does muddy the waters a bit though, but in my opinion SW and Hamlet are the kinds of new Dont Starve content id like to see, compared to DSTs updates, where besides the ocean and maybe the farming update, they dont offer the same experiences to me.

I know the chances are slim though.

1 hour ago, sudoku said:

Let me dream at least.

I'll dream with you.

On 5/30/2022 at 12:40 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I just thought of another possible announcement thing: Netflix television series that goes alongside the game.

Anyone every played the now Cancelled Defiance video game/Tv Series Hybrid where the actions you did in the game effected the show and the actions in the show effected the game?

Basically that… but where Defiance failed miserably at it I believe that Klei could pick up the torch and carry it to victory.

”Technically” Klei already does this to a very limited Degree with each new update + Animated Short= It shows what’s going on in the world through a Animated\TV series then an update is done to the game itself that reflects that an example being:

Chunk of moon falling from the sky crashing in ocean washing Wilson and a hound fighting over a large meat in a massive tidal wave then we see Wilson build a boat and explore to the new moon chunk.

This is exactly what the (now completely cancelled) Defiance did but DST does it to a much much lesser extent.

For example: when Defiance the TV series and game aired side by side there was an update to the game where civilians would lay in bed sick and screaming out in pain that they’re sweating and burning up, this had no major impact on the game until that week/month- The TV Episode shows those same NPCs animate into zombies and start eating everyone, throughout the episode the live action cast of characters went seeking out a cure for the virus outbreak and try to find out about its whereabouts, THEN after this TV Episode has aired the game is updated and a full out zombie invasion has spread across the games map, this remains like this until a later tv episode where they learn how to cure the infected but can’t get the antidote- Which then the game gets updated again and the Live Action tv series characters would show up in the game (as game characters designed for the game) and they would tell you they need help obtaining a sample or whatever- you’d then go around the map killing enemies/fighting the evil people who caused the outbreak and getting the cure handing it over to the TV Actors to complete the quest- AFTER You do that the next TV episode will air showing you (a live action version of you covered from head to toe in a shrouded hood so the character never needed to actually look like your in game character) handing the anti-virus over to the TV shows Actors- the episode plays out where they track down the bad guys you discovered beat them or whatever, cure the outbreak and after that episode ends the game is updated and the limited time Outbreak has concluded.

The reason this TV Series/Video Game series FAILED was because if you only watched the show or played the video game but did not tune in to consume the other part of the continued narrative: Then you were lost as heck and had no idea what was going on- Even though the Game did a great job of announcing on the main menu WHEN the next show episode would Air and the TV series would show a trailer of the new update at the end of the episode you just watched showing what was new in the game.

Thing is: Klei already DOES THIS.. (to a much lesser extent..) so if any other company was going to pick up where Defiance crumbled… I would hope and expect it to be the Dont Starve Franchise.

So what youre saying is, maybe a TV show?

5 hours ago, LiamAshvinn001 said:

So what youre saying is, maybe a TV show?

No, it’s A Video Game/TV Show Hybrid.. it’s not Just a TV Show.. and the only time I have ever seen it attempted was Defiance.

For example: the very famous Halo now has a TV Series, that’s all great and everything but it does not have a interconnected & progressing story between the game & show like Defiance had.

before I turn this into another TL:DR- The actions that happened in the TV show significantly impacted Gameplay, & the Actions you did within the Game impacted the TV show and it’s story.

Now to Clarify- Defiance was not one of those interactive TV shows where you get to click what you want to happen next, Defiance was just a Regular TV series but what happened on the TV Series was reflected within the game & vice versa.

If these "big announcements" will be directly tied to DST as game DLC-like updates, new mechanics, old content revisions etc? Very interested, I personally - and I reckon many others too. "Meaty" content, not collateral distractions; they may be fun, but still - sideway elements. Hope at least one "big announcement" is related to core-content.

On 5/29/2022 at 3:02 AM, deemo_ said:

I can’t even begin to imagine the amount of complaining the forums would see if that happened. Klei has very little to do with Newhome development-wise so it’d just be weird too.

How long newhome is in development already?

3 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

How long newhome is in development already?

Feels like the game has heen in closed beta for a year+, likely because the developers have no idea what they are doing

10 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Feels like the game has heen in closed beta for a year+, likely because the developers have no idea what they are doing

Honestly if whole project will get cancelled i don't think it will be a big lose 

7 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

Honestly if whole project will get cancelled i don't think it will be a big lose 

If they wanna release it as a bloated microtransaction mess and cash in on asian territories who culturally dont care and even like microtransactions thats fine by me. I dont want Tencent to think klei was a bad investment or anything. But i personally dont want anything to do with Newhome.

40 minutes ago, sudoku said:

game development, especially during the current pandemic, is pretty difficult, they are probably really sanding down the bugs and design stuff, and it may be taking a while so klei can avoid "Crunch" (crunch is essentially when you overwork yourself). or the devs are probably stuck and are crying in their office cubicles praying to whatever god they belive in hoping things go okay

4 minutes ago, LunarCat said:

game development, especially during the current pandemic, is pretty difficult, they are probably really sanding down the bugs and design stuff, and it may be taking a while so klei can avoid "Crunch" (crunch is essentially when you overwork yourself). or the devs are probably stuck and are crying in their office cubicles praying to whatever god they belive in hoping things go okay

Klei is not developing Newhome. Their only involvement is giving the chinese developer their art assets, so they can trace them in a worse art style.

1 minute ago, sudoku said:

Klei is not developing Newhome. Their only involvement is giving the chinese developer their art assets, so they can trace them in a worse art style.

well thats very concerning, more or less on the Chinese developers. they are essentially carrying that games fate in a way

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, it’s A Video Game/TV Show Hybrid.. it’s not Just a TV Show.. and the only time I have ever seen it attempted was Defiance.

For example: the very famous Halo now has a TV Series, that’s all great and everything but it does not have a interconnected & progressing story between the game & show like Defiance had.

before I turn this into another TL:DR- The actions that happened in the TV show significantly impacted Gameplay, & the Actions you did within the Game impacted the TV show and it’s story.

Now to Clarify- Defiance was not one of those interactive TV shows where you get to click what you want to happen next, Defiance was just a Regular TV series but what happened on the TV Series was reflected within the game & vice versa.

I mean just a regular TV show is fine. 

Archived