WX-78 Refresh Available On Steam, Xbox and PlayStation Today!

Anyways, I always had a feeling in the back of my head that Wx-78 was human in at least some capacity. Wouldn't have guessed this'd ever be confirmed canonically though, so that's quite a surprise!

Anyways I wonder about the Wickerbottom update that's definitely next on the list of refreshes. We're definitely gonna see her cat I think, and probably gonna see her library burn down too

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Just now, ChurroSalesman2 said:

Anyways I wonder about the Wickerbottom update that's definitely next on the list of refreshes. We're definitely gonna see her cat I think, and probably gonna see her library burn down too

She's connected to WX on Winona's conspiracy board.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

I think WX may have been working on the wagstaff portal. It explains how wagstaff sent them to the constant, at least. 

9B5AD64E-BA3A-40A6-A122-5E2C3D4CC4F5.jpeg

4F4E05C4-983A-4887-B543-FFC8EE1BEEF0.jpeg

At least we know they helped built this portal, the section they're working on is easily seen on the left of the portal. 

Also thanks for the update, this one looks really cool, so thanks Klei, pretty excited to try it <3

2 hours ago, Earthyburt said:

Connection terminated.
I'm sorry to interrupt you Wike Xafton, if you still even remember that name. But I'm afraid you've been misinformed. You are not here to receive gears, nor have you been called here by the individual you assume. Although you have indeed been called.

You have all been called here. Into a forest of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A realm with no exit, a world with no prize. You don't even realize that you are trapped. Your lust for food has driven you in endless circles, chasing the cries of prey in some unseen chamber, always seeming so near, yet somehow out of reach.

But you will never find them, none of you will. This is where your story ends.

And to you, my brave scientist, who somehow found this world not intended for you. Although there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are right where you want to be. I am remaining as well, I am nearby.

This place will not be remembered, and the memory of everything that started this can finally begin to fade away. As the agony of every tragedy should. And to you survivors trapped in the corridors: Be still and give up your spirits, they don't belong to you.

For most of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps more waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you, the darkest pit of Hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting, old friend.

My sister, if you can hear me, I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry that on that day, the day you were shut out and left to rot, no one was there to lift you up into their arms the way you lifted others into yours. And then, what became of you.

I should have known you wouldn't be content to disappear, not my sister. I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now.

It's time to rest. For you, and for those you have carried in your arms.

This ends for all of us.

End communication.

While reading this all I could think was does this mean the clockworks are meant to be the children....a-are we the bad guys?

2 hours ago, Earthyburt said:

Connection terminated.
I'm sorry to interrupt you Wike Xafton, if you still even remember that name. But I'm afraid you've been misinformed. You are not here to receive gears, nor have you been called here by the individual you assume. Although you have indeed been called.

You have all been called here. Into a forest of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A realm with no exit, a world with no prize. You don't even realize that you are trapped. Your lust for food has driven you in endless circles, chasing the cries of prey in some unseen chamber, always seeming so near, yet somehow out of reach.

But you will never find them, none of you will. This is where your story ends.

And to you, my brave scientist, who somehow found this world not intended for you. Although there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are right where you want to be. I am remaining as well, I am nearby.

This place will not be remembered, and the memory of everything that started this can finally begin to fade away. As the agony of every tragedy should. And to you survivors trapped in the corridors: Be still and give up your spirits, they don't belong to you.

For most of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps more waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you, the darkest pit of Hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting, old friend.

My sister, if you can hear me, I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry that on that day, the day you were shut out and left to rot, no one was there to lift you up into their arms the way you lifted others into yours. And then, what became of you.

I should have known you wouldn't be content to disappear, not my sister. I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now.

It's time to rest. For you, and for those you have carried in your arms.

This ends for all of us.

End communication.

What is this copypasta? 

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

I think WX may have been working on the wagstaff portal. It explains how wagstaff sent them to the constant, at least. 

9B5AD64E-BA3A-40A6-A122-5E2C3D4CC4F5.jpeg

4F4E05C4-983A-4887-B543-FFC8EE1BEEF0.jpeg

2022-04-28_22-17-19.thumb.png.5d67864aa0dd921b1aee0ddad6814644.png9B5AD64E-BA3A-40A6-A122-5E2C3D4CC4F5.thumb.jpeg.c8542ca9933f2e1c96d89219e3d8ba53.jpeg.b051dd937c4ddc5ee3359eea98401a8c.jpeg

This skin was found in the game files in the beta test, but it did not appear with the release of the update. Does anyone have any guesses?

CR5_o_o4i3PEtWFY-gbV7RLi7433dosTsnqBmeBjuhjmkfOg5T4w-nAHbEulPda-IN2mtApjVitCsLDEDzA2ub4F.thumb.jpg.f45e9e93b657dde914492a30edcc2110.jpg

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

This skin was found in the game files in the beta test, but it did not appear with the release of the update. Does anyone have any guesses?

CR5_o_o4i3PEtWFY-gbV7RLi7433dosTsnqBmeBjuhjmkfOg5T4w-nAHbEulPda-IN2mtApjVitCsLDEDzA2ub4F.thumb.jpg.f45e9e93b657dde914492a30edcc2110.jpg

Fairytale themed lureplant skin perhaps? Reminds me of the pumpkin the fairy god mother turns into a carriage in Cinderella.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

Are the bramble husk changes from the Beta included in this update or was it missed in the patchnotes?

I think JoeW just copypasted the first version of the notes from beta release without considering the subsequent updates.

Yes, Bramble husk is still great, WX stats are still 125 | 125 | 150, Rain is still deadly and damage happens even when charged, freezing solid makes you lose charge...

Is it too late to ask for Gastrogain 2.0 to be renamed Gastroexpansion? I know they did change rigamajig tok digamajig before

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 2

Okay, after watching the short a few times, I decided to write up a few things that stood out to me in the animation and would flesh out their backstory more:

- He used to be one of Wagstaff's close colleagues, and at the time they were experimenting with mechanical body modification on small animals.

- It seems like these early experiments weren't going well, as in their notes, they state that the specimen "1A4" displayed erratic behavior, and that their organic components were to blame.

- Perhaps some time later, Wagstaff developed a humanoid automaton, which would possibly make the process of mechanical body modification go a lot more smoothly, as there would be no organic components to make it act erratically.

- Wagstaff's colleague puts on a device that transfers his mind into the body of the robot, which turns out to be a resounding success.

- As time passed however, they began to see flashes of their human self which they are shocked by, and in the next scene, they erase a sketch of their empathy module on a whiteboard. Maybe this implies that they deactivated their empathy module on purpose to remove any semblance of being human, as that would make the transfer process or the making of future automatons less efficient?

- It does seem that in most of their quotes that they see humans as weak and inefficient compared to them.

- Near the end of their flashback, we see WX toss away patents of the robot Wagstaff designed and the two arguing with each other of what appears to be 4 slightly designed automatons.

- In Wx's compendium, it states that they experimented on more machines in secret, adamant that the process created them could still be perfected. That could be the reason why they threw away those patents, as to prevent Wagstaff from seeing their plans to modify more machines, and those 4 automatons could be what they were hiding from him.

- Wagstaff, not liking what he saw, decided to put an end to their experiments by burning the parts of their robots in an open flame and sent Wx away by pushing them into a portal to the Constant.

- I guess Wagstaff didn't like the direction of the project and decided to cancel it.

There were some other things that I wondered about when watching the short:

- Why did Wagstaff decide to build these robots? Were their intended to be tool's that could help humans by working on different chores?

- In the midst of the experiment, were they already developing a portal device into the constant? It looks to be similar to the one seen in Winonas short.

- How did they get in contact with the world and how long have they known about it?

I know this was a mouthful, but I knew I needed to get this off my chest.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

What is this copypasta?

It's the ending of Five Nights at Freddys Pizzeria Simulator and of the franchise, not counting the ones made by Steel Wool, where

Spoiler

Henry narrates how the pizzeria was a trap to destroy all the possesed animatronics and free the souls trapped inside them which include the souls of William Afton's daughter, his youngest son, the children he murdered and Henry's daughter. William/Springtrap himself is in the pizzeria and Henry tells how while the other souls afterlife will be peaceful, William is going to Hell for what he's done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

That's a wardrobe.

I saw the doors and thought it might be but figured we already have so many wadrobe skins already but the length does seem to be the same.

sigh.... Wardrobe skins are probably my least favorite structure skins, next to possible rainometer or thermometer skins, but at least we only have 1 of those instead of the new wardobe skin we get every other update.

Edited by sudoku

I’m not sure of what I’ve just watched.. but the flashback of WX as a Human looks like a Young Wanda skin.. it’s probably nothing more than a coincidence but I thought it was kinda funny nonetheless.

I waited all this time for a teaser about Mays update & we didn’t get a teaser :( my Empathy module has been ripped out & crushed.

(also it’s really cool that the update came out on PC/Xbox/PlayStation at roughly the same time.)

• Potato Cup 1