WX-78 Refresh Available On Steam, Xbox and PlayStation Today!

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Yes, Bramble husk is still great

For those who haven't checked out the beta notes, the Bramble Husk was upgraded to 80% absorption and 525 durability, from its previous 65%/262.5.

As someone who just started playing Wormwood and found the Husk strong but prohibitively expensive, I'm pretty happy with this.

Edit: Oh snap, the recipe changed too. 4 stingers instead of 4 bone shards. That is waaaaay easier in terms of materials. It's Christmas!

Edited by Faintly Macabre
  • Like 6

Dear Klei entertainment ever sense the webber rework came out I’ve noticed that one thing is missing and that thing is a small but noticeable sanity  drain when befriended spiders die it doesn’t even need to increase by the spider like being in range of befriended spiders dying drains not spider by spider and if that’s to much sanity loss then preferred he can gain sanity from decorated dens and you send yourself that the point of the reworks are to make the characters more like themselves so please make this change it would make a world of difference I love your game and this community and thank you

If you like or dislike my ideas please leave a response feel free to tell me your opinion 

p.s. Also although not as important to me it would be nice if characters pacific companions and tools had skins like there respective characters  and the companion’s home you know companions like Woby,Webber’s spiders , Wurt’s  merms, Lucy ,Burnie,Maxwells shadow clones  and the bio scandalizer or Jimmy I think people are calling it  maybe not all companions but the one essential to the character obviously not all skins Expectably sense theres a warrior spider skin for webber which would be confusing but  at the very less triumphant skins for webber’s spiders I’m thinking through the den decorating kit skin and  for Wurt’s merms I’m thinking through merm hut and  DIY royalty kit or warrior merm hut  

if you don’t like the second half pay it no mind I don’t want it to undermind the first half 

• Like 1

Klei made WX less of a Bender clone ...

This is my least liked video so far. Humanizing a robot just makes it less unique. Now WX can be tied to the more pedestrian paths of self loathing, being property, being a slave (the origin of the word robot is forced labor), not being perceived as a human/equal by family or loved ones. The idea of toaster going through ridiculous means to make as much toast as possible has more appeal to me.

• Thanks 1

i trasnlate the binare

so 01110100 01101111 01101111 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101111 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101111 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 = too late too late too late

20220428192132_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

I have a wx78 world I've played for some time. Spent tons of gears upgrading him. 

I only play as wx78, im unhappy with this update.

I am unable to build any circuits all locked, i have biodata. 

Kinda feel like quitting now take my ball n go home.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

This has apparently affected the attack speed as it has been significantly decreased. I've noticed attacking has slowed down to where this is a delay between each attack or swing with a weapon,  particularly for Wigfried on console. 

Please advise as soon as possible. 

22 hours ago, StevenM said:

Combat targeting with the mouse button has returned to the state where you must completely stop attacking before the target can be changed. Fixing this is a high priority task.

Does stopping attacks completely actually solve this? Looking at what happened on Jazzy's stream, you can see that he stopped attacking completely (by moving around the boat), yet the targeting bug still seems to persist.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectDeliciousJalapenoBCouch-j55lNVuE1oDdpynd

edited: realized that this was post March QoL.

Edited by JuneBot

Im having a major isssue trying to attack on xbox. I can continuously  attacking cuz i have a pause and it's awful. Literally unplayable. Please don't do this with console players we love the game too :(

Edited by Erik Chaires
  • Big Ups 2

13 hours ago, StevenM said:

We are currently in the process of making skins and unlocks available to players while playing offline on Nintendo Switch . We're investigating this for additional platforms as well. More details on how that will work will come at a later time. 

this sounds amazing. 

especially for switch, but for other platforms as well. Not even because of skins, but unlocks, because as i understand we would be able to finally play Wurt, Wanda, Wormwood and Wortox in offline mode! (which is very good) 

25 minutes ago, Erik Chaires said:

Im having a major isssue trying to attack on xbox. I can continuously  attacking cuz i have a pause and it's awful. Literally unplayable. Please don't do this with console players we love the game too :(

We need a fix asap.. this makes the game nearly unplayable.. fingers crossed fix goes live in the next day or so.

there’s also some extreme lag when WX equips/deploys multiple Jimmys.

(easy to do if every player is playing him for his amazing rework then leave and drop Jimmy..)

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Probably my favorite short in terms of lore and fresh information on a character's motivations, not in part because there was already setup of WX's hostile feelings towards Wagstaff assumed to just be anger at their creator.

Someone else might have noticed and mentioned it already, but right before the sequence of WX being sent into the constant by Wagstaff, the previous scene of another of WX's dissociative episodes transitions into the following one with what seems like a film burn. Perhaps Wagstaff went further than that little burning pile depicted trying to burn away WX's work and caused that ol' factory fire.

8f53a9a4d8e9e5d731b8c5dc59bc5da2.png

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Klei made WX less of a Bender clone ...

This is my least liked video so far. Humanizing a robot just makes it less unique. Now WX can be tied to the more pedestrian paths of self loathing, being property, being a slave (the origin of the word robot is forced labor), not being perceived as a human/equal by family or loved ones. The idea of toaster going through ridiculous means to make as much toast as possible has more appeal to me.

Thats fair, but in this particular case I feel it works out because WX has ultimately rejected said humanity. The module meant to humanize, was repaired, and then promptly torn out in response. Now you might consider that more of an emotional response rather than conscious choice- but the result is still the same- when presented with humanity WX rejected it. They further commit to their robotic identity with that action- effectively completely destroyed what made them more 'organically human'. In this sense I feel there actually is good depth there because while the origin is human turned robot what you actually see is, rather than upset at not being truly human or whatever, you see a robot experience it's previous humanity and completely quash it in favor of being fully robotic. WX as-is has no desire to be human, or be on par with humans- They're a robot and that makes them better than humans.

When paired with WX's comments on superiority of machines and disdain for organic life, the video actually makes for pretty neat ways to interpret WX's thoughts and growth from the point where they transferred consciousness (conception) to the point where whatever remains of that old life was crushed to remove it completely. Especially since Klei shorts are completely visual so there's a dozen ways to read the motivations that aren't "they're mad theyre a robot" 

As I read it, the 'human WX' that transfer their consciousness and the robot WX are, effectively, not the same people anymore. They've removed themselves thoroughly from each other- and now WX is their own robotic person without any true ties to their other life. They killed it when they crushed that heart and it will stay killed.

But like i said, its fair to not like- there is charm in the simple concept of "robot just hates humanity because robot." 

• Like 6

The new wetness mechanic was fine in the beta when WX loses one charge every 20 seconds.
But when the update went live, the mechanic becomes a complete nightmare: Now WX loses one charge every few seconds and the frequent stuns that happens with it makes this poor little robot character unplayable for a lot of people.

Imagine if someone throws a water balloon at WX.
It will go to robot heaven in a matter of seconds.

See the source image

Edited by mervin_hk
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1