Jump to content

[Game Update] - 502346


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Pls consider fixing this bug, it really stifles combat: delay when attacking things noticed this after March update went live.

Yes, this please for the love of everything. I've been noticing it effecting walking too like my character just stops moving when holding wasd to talk sometimes which is crazy! And I have to now take into account the chance of my attacks failing do to talking when fighting...

Also klei please allow using items in your equip slots for crafting too, they can be the lowest priority for using in crafting if you have them in your inventory or an open container but please allow it

Edited by . . .
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

 

  • Ingredients required for a recipe can now be crafted directly from that recipe.
    • Eg: if you want to build a spear and have 2 twigs, 1 flint, 3 cut grass. When you attempt to build the spear, it will build the rope first, instead of requiring you to find the rope’s recipe and then head back to the spear’s recipe.
    • An icon will display indicating which ingredients will be crafted.
  • Sleeping Beefalo will now be woken up when a survivor attempts to ride them.

 

Will this feature come to PS/Xbox/Switch or is it PC Exclusive? 
 

Wait.. sleeping Beefalo was a Bug?! I always thought it was an intended gameplay feature: characters even used to quote something like “I should try again when it isn’t sleeping..”

Kinda made you actually have to pay attention to the time of Day.. you could Ride your Boofy companion in the Night.. but you would have to start riding before it went to sleep.

Similar to how you can’t just run your horse to death in Red Dead Online, it needs rest.. it needs food, and it needs grooming or it throws you off for neglecting its needs.

Kinda figured it made sense “I need sleep… maybe my fuzzy pal needs sleep sometimes too..”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
41 minutes ago, RoseReaper said:

Since this update I can't access the game anymore. This is the message I have now on startup, it never happened before.

 

Please click the Get More Help button or use this link:
https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029882171-Getting-a-Unable-to-write-to-files-in-the-config-directory-Error-Message
numbers 3 or 6 will probably resolve your issue

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

I think reallychina meant to say that the addition of that feature was so good that it felt like a dream, not really about the cut grass.

with all due respect: most every post from reallychina during all the time ive seen them here has been negative and rude, i think primalflowers interpretation is super valid

Edited by meow meow meow
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

Here i thought that the UI couldn't get any better. This QoL update is a gift who keeps on gifting. 

uhhh I hate to burst your bubble mr Brazilian but it's "The gift that keeps on giving" not gifting 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Ingredients required for a recipe can now be crafted directly from that recipe.

  • Eg: if you want to build a spear and have 2 twigs, 1 flint, 3 cut grass. When you attempt to build the spear, it will build the rope first, instead of requiring you to find the rope’s recipe and then head back to the spear’s recipe.

 

Now that's what I wanted to see!

Edited by MrSonicTeam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cool that there is a recipe for the ingredient. Now tabs are more convenient than ever

image.png.3f20ff4bebb7fd63cdc971e50c8947be.png

But I think it's worth adding an ingredient list for the ingredient that can't be crafted so you know what's missing.
For example, if I can't craft an electrical part when the alchemy machine craft is open, I aim and see that I don't have enough gold.
I tried to add it via mod but I still don't understand where it is managed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Note: This will only craft one level deep of required materials. It will not craft an ingredient’s ingredients.

What would this apply to? Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Closest I can think is a socketed moonlens but socketing isn't really crafting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

What would this apply to? Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Closest I can think is a socketed moonlens but socketing isn't really crafting.

Fire/Ice Staff.

Scalemail armor.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

What would this apply to? Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Closest I can think is a socketed moonlens but socketing isn't really crafting.

Crafts that need Electrical Doodads because they need Cut Stone or Premier Gardeneer Hat because the non-premier needs a Bucket-o-poop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

And in case you weren't aware, anything that includes electrical doodads.

Idk I feel like I deserve repeatedly hearing electrical doodads for missing such an obvious one.

  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Shopcat 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Pls consider fixing this bug, it really stifles combat: delay when attacking things noticed this after March update went live.

Also there is a problem with AG and especially DC losing aggro after 3 hits, resetting to their default spawn location.

I took a break from DST last january and didnt really play it much at all, then my pc crapped out and i started playing the console version this january but this was one of the first things i noticed while fighting spiders, the delay and then theyd lose aggro mid fight, i just thought it was the buggy console version. Interesting that this bug has made its way over to pc now.

Edited by sudoku
  • Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Primalflower said:

dont be rude. Its literally 1 cut grass off from the actual recipe, the point was made.

that had nothing to do with the actual recipe, i didn't even notice the error.

 

just that the change is a great QOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Idk I feel like I deserve repeatedly hearing electrical doodads for missing such an obvious one.

Hello. Do you have some time to talk about Our Lord and Savior, the Electrical Doodad, ingredient of many a recipe?

I guess Just-guy and I (rhyme, heh) posted at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Just-guy said:

Crafts that need Electrical Doodads because they need Cut Stone or Premier Gardeneer Hat because the non-premier needs a Bucket-o-poop.

No, i logged to test this and i crafted an alchemy engine only having stone, logs and gold on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, reallychina said:

No, i logged to test this and i crafted an alchemy engine only having stone, logs and gold on me.

That's cause both the Alchemy Engine and the Electrical Doodad require Cut Stone, and the 'auto-refine' goes from left to right. Basically:

  1. You click on the Alchemy Engine.
  2. Game checks for Boards and sees you have none.
  3. Game crafts Board until it has 4.
  4. Game checks for Cut Stones and sees you have none.
  5. Game crafts Cut Stones until you have 2.
  6. Since you now have enough Cut Stones, the game checks for Electrical Doodads.
  7. You don't have any Electrical Doodads, but you do have 2 Cut Stones in your inventory already, so it uses them to craft 2 Electrical Doodad.
  8. Now, you're missing the 2 Cut Stones again, so you craft them again.
  9. Finally, you have enough ingredients to make the Alchemy Engine.

 

So, this won't work for making, say, the Tackle Receptackle out of 1 Driftwood Log, 1 Bone Shard, 3 Cut Stones and 2 Gold Nuggets.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

That's cause both the Alchemy Engine and the Electrical Doodad require Cut Stone, and the 'auto-refine' goes from left to right. Basically:

  1. You click on the Alchemy Engine.
  2. Game checks for Boards and sees you have none.
  3. Game crafts Board until it has 4.
  4. Game checks for Cut Stones and sees you have none.
  5. Game crafts Cut Stones until you have 2.
  6. Since you now have enough Cut Stones, the game checks for Electrical Doodads.
  7. You don't have any Electrical Doodads, but you do have 2 Cut Stones in your inventory already, so it uses them to craft 2 Electrical Doodad.
  8. Now, you're missing the 2 Cut Stones again, so you craft them again.
  9. Finally, you have enough ingredients to make the Alchemy Engine.

 

So, this won't work for making, say, the Tackle Receptackle out of 1 Driftwood Log, 1 Bone Shard, 3 Cut Stones and 2 Gold Nuggets.

makes sense, was saying that there are some instances in which crafting "2 levels deep" technically works so people shouldn't overcomplicate and make doodads (or maybe other items) separately in such cases

this is great for alchemy engine because it's such a common recipe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...