[Game Update] - 502346

Why didn't they make it possible to watch the crafting of an ingredient that you can't craft, you have to do everything yourself.
For example, if I don’t have enough cut grass to make a rope, I point at this ingredient and it won’t show me that I need one cut grass. Or an electrical doodad, too, if there is no gold, then it will not show me, either open the craft of this item and look, or know the craft and look for what may be missing in the inventory

conveniently)

image.png.84a6a330c5e560021129afcc22487b20.pngimage.png.b26a02ef74bf11a1bdde43c08fcfff08.png

Edited by Maksym.12
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Filip_G said:

Really? What about getting that spear just by thinking about it or when the game decides we might need one? Hope this "function" can be turned off in options... 

The game is less challenging with every new update and qol :/ What are you planning to do next Klei, turning it into a lite, fool-proof version for disabled or what?

and what's wrong with the fact that now you do not need to do more actions in the new, not very convenient menu? And console owners will generally be happy that now they don’t need to open the resource tab so often.

Especially since no one is forcing you to use it, you can craft a separate item as before, return to the desired craft and do what you want

Edited by Maksym.12
  • Like 7

44 minutes ago, Filip_G said:

Really? What about getting that spear just by thinking about it or when the game decides we might need one? Hope this "function" can be turned off in options... 

The game is less challenging with every new update and qol :/ What are you planning to do next Klei, turning it into a lite, fool-proof version for disabled or what?

This is a joke comment right?

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 14

4 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

No sleep.

I thought it was necessary, especially when I wrote a guide on how to survive in the night world

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

totally, the difficulty just dropped to animal crossing levels because now you can click twice the spear icon to craft the rope and the spear instead of going into the refine tab

do you even know what difficulty means?

maybe if they end up doing that version you could play xD

the difficulty is dodging the twins when you have a ping of 150+. this is real difficulty and minus all the armor

Edited by Maksym.12
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maksym.12 said:

I thought it was necessary, especially when I wrote a guide on how to survive in the night world

the difficulty is dodging the twins when you have a ping of 150+. this is real difficulty and minus all the armor

ups, wrong quote dude

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Filip_G said:

Is called "modern", not hand-holding or idiot-proof. They try to make new menu more comfortable to as many users as possible and to craft quickly for multiplayer needs.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Filip_G said:

A part of me hopes this is a joke comment. Another part hopes it's not, cause that would make it even funnier.

• Like 8
  • Potato Cup 1

19 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Crafting

• Item Priority for crafting has been changed to the following:
    • Crafting will attempt to choose items with the smallest stack size

can you make it so that if you are using food to build something like hambat it uses most spoiled food?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Filip_G said:

why is nobody acknowledging how absolutely abhorrent it is to imply that disabled people shouldnt be able to play video games

why are people quoting this to do generic little "lol this HAS to be a joke haha" responses but not acknowledging how gross the actual post is

• Like 13
  • Big Ups 4

I think that it is important to note that if a games difficulty is determined by how fast/easy it is to craft a weapon or refine a rope… then that should speak volumes for the actual gameplay itself, disregarding the rest of that now deleted rude post- I can name of several instances where the game has been getting easier & harder simultaneously at the same time.

No-Eyed Deer, MacTusks etc no longer being able to be stunned until death both having a little bit of “Stun Immunity” so you need to chase them down to attack again.

Reduced crafting recipe & costs of Cobblestone Roads to help you get to said “Stun Immunity” mobs faster.

Reduction of burn times when using turf in as fuel source.

Increase in total amount of turfs you can carry to balance the reduction out.

To say that Klei is making the game 2yr old friendly would be a straight out lie.. Varglets now make Wendy’s life more difficult as as little as two Varglets will bring Abigail down..

I’m pretty sure that how fast you can refine a rope to craft a spear isn’t going to make any difference..

Difficulty should NEVER be in how frustrating it is to navigate the games menus/crafting..

Difficulty should be in unique weather patterns, worldly events, mobs with unique fighting patterns, attacks, vulnerabilities etc…

So no… I don’t think being able to craft a rope without needing to go to the Refining tab to do it is going to make much of a change in difficulty.

Also: @Any dev at Klei.. How will this new feature work on Xbox/PlayStation? can you detail the button prompts in patch notes plz.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3

My Favourites are complewtely empty now, and I can't add anything to them.

Like I can literally add a star to an item, it shows up as marked as favourite, but the favourite menu stays empty.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Edit: Restart of the game fixed it, not sure what was going on there.

Edit2: Nevermind, I figured it out, modded items don't show up in the Favourites. Everything else works.

Edited by Daniel86268