March Quality of Life Update Now Live!

Just now, G-Forces said:

Why would they do another Winona rework?

They aren't going to rework Wilson, he's meant to be the basic vanilla character that doesn't have any special abilities.

are you joking or what?they already confirmed multiple times that wilson rework gonna be in this year

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

6 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

If its WX-78's rework, i hope you guys make it so WX's stat bars are robot organs.

Ooh, or they could at least have gear-shaped outlines around them, like how the custom UIs do stuff like that!

Well, we had a good (and long) ol' time on the beta...

closeracks.thumb.png.6b3aab14b510ecd34053046ccb31e0ac.png

The drying racks learned how to get closer to one another...

invisiblewendy.thumb.png.4ec0a966b51bb556361ed2bdeeccd03a.png

Wendy unlocked her latent mutant power of invisibility...

icannothasgame.thumb.png.981f158099f08beeb3d60d2621514cb5.png

I found the best combination of loading screen + sad message EVER..
(Disclaimer:  This might not in fact have been related to the beta, but all I know is that I hadn't personally seen it BEFORE that.)

unknownhounds.thumb.png.4544286ff3c5c45f7730ddfbafc4e96f.png

The Unknown Strings attacked at night...

ohgodvarglets.thumb.png.bf08f1a4e6b773c52931b30489a8595e.png

...and then one of them turned out to be a Varglet.  Oops.

notpaused2022.thumb.png.a4040ba46f162845cebee42edbc63035.png

...and whatever the flying freak caused THIS.  (Briefly. While I was having major connection problems.)

But I kid, I kid (mostly).  Most of the issues shown here have been fixed, in some cases like maybe a couple hours after first being reported.  But, after all, that's what's beta testing is for!  I actually had a lot of fun on my beta world (not sure how much of that was the new changes and how much was just the world itself and how the way it is made the "storytelling" of it unfold)

Spoiler

It's a gigantic, rambling, mostly burning-hot world in which I made a great ocean journey after the Bearger smashed the camp you see in the first pictures here, only to move to a lovely area which is peaceful and plentiful in and of itself (and I found it by accident while actually looking for the swamp--and then right before I went INTO said swamp, Antlion's hissyfit diverted me across the savannah in such a way that I also found a cat)...but if I want to get to certain areas, I have to routinely run through a gauntlet of tallbirds, spiders and FLYING DEATH ROCKS.

targetacquired.thumb.png.4b86c75952d5b1b50be790a8498c4105.png
Just my everyday commute! #relateable

Golta say, I got pretty invested in "Beta Boogie-Woogie", and I'm hoping Season 2 is just as good.

but the point is, I have NEVER cared enough about a beta world to want to keep playing it _after_ the beta instead of switching back immediately to my old worlds where all my stuff is. So there's that, anyway.

The new crafting system?  Nowhere near as bad as I thought it was gonna be when I first saw the screenshots, but still a bit clunky and unwieldy for me.  I can see what they're going for, but it's gonna take me a bit of time to get fully used to it.  The quick-craft bar on the left side of the screen is a godsend, however--it's literally saved my life more than once (can we say:  insta-torch?)

...Notorious

• Like 2
  • Health 1

3 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Hide contents

• Mighty Wolfgang now has an easier time saying warm and a harder time saying cool, while Wimpy Wolfgang is the opposite.

A lisp rebalance? This will shake the foundation of how Wolfgang is played to it's core.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey @ScottHansen! First off, thank you so much for the update!

Looking through it, there's something that I believe the new HUD is currently missing: A way to change your favorite items order without having to delete them all. It could be activated by a simple toggle or a drag tool!

I don't know how difficult it will be to make, however I'm certain that it'll increase our (the players) satisfaction highly!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ohan said:
3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

so what is the actual reason to replace special character crafts icon whit there face? it honestly makes it look bad

Uniformisation at the cost of uniqueness :crushed: 

even the tab names like “green thumb” and “stagecraft” are dropped in favor of uniform “character items” across the board. Not even “survivor items”?

Its my biggest gripe with the new UI. It abandoned something unique and quintessential to DST in my eyes. 

It may also be because now they are one single tab that has different recipes for different characters rather than a exclusive tab for each character.

• Like 1

the crafting menu feels so wide :abnormal:(i did set it to the smallest option possible before anyone tells me that you can do that)

i also miss the tabs being highlighted a specific way when you had already pre-made something within them. now it only shows you the item itself as highlighted but you have to find it first. but the section where it is found overall doesnt light up which takes slightly longer to realise that you have something waiting to be set up

and if you select a certain crafting tab in the menu and walk over to a crafting station it switches over to a different tab which is also >: ( !!

other than that, im sure a lot of stuff will be addressed and adjusted so im not upset or anything, its just such a big change it came as a little shock lOL. the qol fixes are awesome though. our duo still got like 12 depth worms chasing us underground when set to little but, ehhhhhh. thats life. 

cant wait for that wx update. plsbewx

Edited by 9screamingkittens
  • Like 2

The update is amazing (as always), but my wife and I reeeeeeeally did hate the new crafting tab. We play on console and it feels like being designed for mouse users.

Please, Klei! Revert the crafting tab on console (PlayStation and XBox).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Health 1

8 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Login flow optimizations
  • Changed host server registration to use geo DNS and fixed region migration in the case of service outage

Note to modders: The server listings have moved from https://s3.amazonaws.com/klei-lobby to https://lobby-cdn.klei.com and the lobby data has moved from https://lobby-sing.kleientertainment.com/lobby/read to https://lobby-sing.klei.com/lobby/read. Functionally, they work the same as their counterparts except cleaned up (finally, no more lobbyListings_all_#!)

• Like 1