March Quality of Life Update Now Live!

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Have you ever even fought 10 hounds at once? They'll eat through your armor and most of your health in a matter of seconds.

That's what tooth traps are for. Why would you fight hounds yourself?

7 minutes ago, G-Forces said:

Because I can't control when hounds will spawn and I need to deal with them when I'm away from base. Fortunately, the Varglets make hound waves much easier to deal with using old-fashioned kiting (and an ice staff, maybe).

13 minutes ago, G-Forces said:

Do you have Tooth trap minefields everywhere in your world? That must be fun to set up..

Imagine getting ambushed by a large nasty Hound wave far away from your hound trap minefield , away from any wormhole shortcuts .. on a Huge sized world while not playing as Wanda or Wendy.

Dropping everything and desperately trying to find my way to nearest distraction point is "fun" .. even more fun in summer due to certain distraction points being out of the question unless you want them to be destroyed and take nearby reasources with them. 

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Because I can't control when hounds will spawn and I need to deal with them when I'm away from base. Fortunately, the Varglets make hound waves much easier to deal with using old-fashioned kiting (and an ice staff, maybe).

Yeah ok that's fair. How I would usually deal with hound waves away from base is get them to agro something but you have a good point.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so you arent a slave of trap fields

What do you mean?

3 minutes ago, G-Forces said:

Yeah ok that's fair. How I would usually deal with hound waves away from base is get them to agro something but you have a good point.

You can technically try to kite 10 hounds. You'll fail because there's too many of them and you will soak up a ton of hits, but you still have a pretty good chance of coming out victorious if you use the elemental hounds for crowd control.

Up until now, it was preferably to bring an ornery beefalo with you, as their naturally regenerating health essentially eliminates the resource cost of fighting hounds head-on. But with the addition of Varglets, it seems far more convenient to just freeze the Varglet with an ice staff, kill the rest of the initial hounds, then fight the Varglet and the 2-3 hounds it can summon.

5 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Since they can spawn now in middle of the sea while you are sailing.

No, they cannot. The game doesn't send hounds after players who are already on a boat when the warnings start.

1 minute ago, ALCRD said:

It would be hilariously annoying if large hound waves were still a thing now.

Since they can spawn now in middle of the sea while you are sailing.

No, they can't.

There was a bug fixed related to cancelling a hound wave by being on a boat, but hounds don't spawn in the middle of the sea while you are sailing.

they *will* spawn in the middle if the sea if you get on the boat after the warnings have started. But that's a behavior which has been in the game since Klei deliberately disabled hound waves on boats, back near the beginning of ocean content.

7 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

No, they can't.

There was a bug fixed related to cancelling a hound wave by being on a boat, but hounds don't spawn in the middle of the sea while you are sailing.

they *will* spawn in the middle if the sea if you get on the boat after the warnings have started. But that's a behavior which has been in the game since Klei deliberately disabled hound waves on boats, back near the beginning of ocean content.

Actually hold on cause i don't get it.

What bug what cancelling of hound waves when being on boat.

I am 100% sure when i heard barking and jumped on the boat and sailed off Hounds still came after me.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This screenshot was after i set foot on the island heard hound wave , jumped back on boat and sailed off .. hound still came for me. This was on build before the QoL beta and before that "fix".

So I don't understand what was fixed/changed exactly regarding hound waves and sea?

What is that changelog line refering to exactly?

Edited by ALCRD

9 minutes ago, G-Forces said:

What do you mean?

that by not having experience fighting them without trap areas you will need to go there every time you hear a hound wave which makes you waste time, be annoyed and eventually bored of the game, also you would also need to wait for them before fighting certain bosses because, if the appear during the fight, you will need to leave the fight and run to the closest trap field. In addition those cost resources and a lot of tedious time to reset

simply my opinion, everybody can play the way they enjoy

1 minute ago, ALCRD said:

Actually hold on cause i don't get it.

What bug what cancelling of hound waves when being on boat.

I am 100% sure when i heard barking and jumped on the boat and sailed off Hounds still came after me.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This screenshot was after i set foot on the island heard hound wave , jumped back on boat and sailed off .. hound still came for me. This was on build before the QoL beta and before that "fix".

So I don't understand what was fixed/changed exactly regarding hound waves and sea?

they spawn only when you hear them and try to flee in a boat/woodie's goose form but you wont hear any new hound wave if you are already in the sea

13 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

You can technically try to kite 10 hounds. You'll fail because there's too many of them and you will soak up a ton of hits, but you still have a pretty good chance of coming out victorious if you use the elemental hounds for crowd control.

Up until now, it was preferably to bring an ornery beefalo with you, as their naturally regenerating health essentially eliminates the resource cost of fighting hounds head-on. But with the addition of Varglets, it seems far more convenient to just freeze the Varglet with an ice staff, kill the rest of the initial hounds, then fight the Varglet and the 2-3 hounds it can summon.

No, they cannot. The game doesn't send hounds after players who are already on a boat when the warnings start.

Hound waves are much too easy now, they messed up the only thing that had the potential to be a threat lategame.

You could fight over 10 hounds with any character with cane and magi and there is no excuse not to have magi past day 100.

Plus you dont even need to be rambo and fight all the hounds, they get distracted easily and aggro something else

Edited by reallychina
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

The exploit went like this:

1. hound growling starts

2. you jump on boat

3. log out

4. log back in

5. the game restarts the hound wave timer, but doesn't "see" you because you are on the boat, so it cancels the hound package it was about to send you

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

The exploit went like this:

1. hound growling starts

2. you jump on boat

3. log out

4. log back in

5. the game restarts the hound wave timer, but doesn't "see" you because you are on the boat, so it cancels the hound package it was about to send you

Oh i didn't consider to log out so this is what that change was aimed to fix.

Edited by ALCRD

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...as a Willow main, HEY!

howtofindakittyquickly.thumb.png.d6207ce855e0273f33656290238e86ac.png

Also I only ever set forests on fire on my OWN, singleplayer, servers.  : P

...Notorious

I specifically mean people who walk up to base with a lighter/torch without saying a word in chat, so I guess using the word "main" didn't make sense on my part

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that by not having experience fighting them without trap areas you will need to go there every time you hear a hound wave which makes you waste time, be annoyed and eventually bored of the game, also you would also need to wait for them before fighting certain bosses because, if the appear during the fight, you will need to leave the fight and run to the closest trap field. In addition those cost resources and a lot of tedious time to reset

I actually do have experience fighting hound waves without traps, I just try to avoid it. When I run into hounds not at my base I usually get them agroed on something else and go back to what I was doing. Traps really are not tedious to reset and the resource sink is minimal for the benefit it gives. If you are at your base traps are far faster than fighting them manually even accounting for the reset time.

Edit: I didn't see the part of your previous comment about it being your opinion, my apologies.

Edited by G-Forces
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Psychic Chicken said:

I specifically mean people who walk up to base with a lighter/torch without saying a word in chat

I sometimes do that to make people nervous.

It's funny to see everyone in the base freeze up and watch me carefully like hawks only to discover that i just came to cook some of my food stuffs i was carrying / use their alchemy engine and help around the base :wilson_laugh:

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 5:34 PM, ScottHansen said:

Reduced the cost of Boat Patches. The boat repair value has been adjusted to reflect the new cost.

Nooooo.. I loved being able to take just a stack of stingers and a hammer, and craft more boat patches while sailing. What am I supposed to do with the boards from boat fragments now?

Please consider changing its drop table to drop logs instead.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:47 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if that pic is about Wx, will that mean they losing the light ability fr overcharge? their overcharge perk is the only fun perk they has

Personally I think it's some sort of machine that harness lightning (kinda like our lightning rods do now) Holding it so WX can overcharge himself

Just an idea

The new skins are freaking awesome. If this means we get new gothic skins for characters I will loose my mind! 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:53 AM, ALCRD said:

Crafting mechanical gadgets/machines is Winonas thing.

Plus Klei is suspiciously highlighting Winona in this update.

Lastly there will be more character refreshes this year as Klei said in the 2022 roadmap.

So what kind of beverage you like with your meals? Cause once Winona rework gets announced i will make you eat your words ^^ (refering to the "why would they make a Winona refresh" comment)

The code link is in Hexadecimal. Seems sorta like something that'd be WX themed.

The icon looks to have the Accordion organ the Clockwork knight has. WX being a clockwork themselves this seems fitting.

Winona already had a refresh! You can tell because she has an unique idle animation. Additionally the devs already said she isn't due for one anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What if instead of being a generic light source, the drone took over your sight (but not audio), so you could find lunar, ruins, atrium, etc. easier, and scout the map earlygame, and maybe check on your teammates during hound attacks to make sure they're fine? Also, it could be a fun addition to PVP servers.

Edit: if it makes it more balanced, maybe it would be fueled by food like WX for a maximum of around 10 minutes of flight, and if it runs out of fuel above water it falls in and becomes unusable.

Edited by Psychic Chicken
Had another idea

hi, after the QOL update my game crashes without reason, I launched it for the first time for about 5 minutes or less and then it crashed and now i can't even launch a map. Does anyone have the same problem?