March Quality of Life Update Now Live!

Thank you for all your hard work, this QOL update is mind blowing. So much work had to go into this update which is massive. Did anyone notice (I'm on console) that the clothing pre sets have been increased from 10 to 25?

I'm new to the forums and posted a suggestion in the wrong category (I didn't know there was an console section) but I have 2 more for all platforms that I hope will be looked at for the next QOL. So I'm going to put them here? Sorry if this is wrong.

My first was that on console/controller your movement and item equip (R dpad) are on the same hand (left). When you want to switch from your walking cane and weapon you have to stop to do so every time you make the swap. Stopping while trying to kite, especially bosses is obviously not ideal and very hard. My suggestion was to swap item equip (R dpad) and inspect world (y & triangle) This would basically be a hot key for weapon swapping right next to the attack button, getting it off your left hand so you no longer have to stop while kiting. The only thing this could effect is skin selection in the new crafting system but you could still keep it R dpad only while crafting menu is open to fix this. If this isn't feasible please allow for controller configuration for dpad and action buttons plz klei?

Load statues before mobs and lastly:

We have a ton of world settings available but the one's I regen a world for 3/4 of the time is missing. Please Add an option for classic, juicy berries or combo and another for saplings, twiggy trees or combo

Thank you for all you do and can't wait to see what's next!

• Like 6

As a 7 year playtime player, I strongly suggest get the old craft menu back or add an option in settings. 

The NEW one is pretty but not practical. It's hard to find items. And I cannot create things while I'm running.

The OLD one is simple and straightforward. That is enough. 

pls get the OLD craft menu back!!!

• Like 3
  • Shopcat 1

I really want to like the new UI since the crafting categories were always difficult for me. But now it takes 4 clicks to craft something instead of the previous 2. since there are a lot more than 9 things I regularly craft, this is kinda frustrating.

i have been playing woodie a lot recently and i have one major issue with him and that is his moose form. i really love his transformation and especially his combat form looks awesome and i have one problem with it. which is that you cant heal while transformed and i would like a way to do that i know you can use wortox but i play a lot of single player so having to run from a boss fight wait to turn human, heal and then transform again is real annoying 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AquaticJelly said:

i have been playing woodie a lot recently and i have one major issue with him and that is his moose form. i really love his transformation and especially his combat form looks awesome and i have one problem with it. which is that you cant heal while transformed and i would like a way to do that i know you can use wortox but i play a lot of single player so having to run from a boss fight wait to turn human, heal and then transform again is real annoying 

You can eat jellybeans.

Im sure someone already ask but, is there anyway to have the old UI just be optional? The New UI is fine for the people who like it, but the people like me who have been playing for years are just a little fustrated on how the new UI is and works. It really wasn't broken before and I get the Devs did it for their own ease and access to things but it would be nice if it was optional. Or even bring back the old but add a fave tab. that way for people who say they hate scrolling for something can just add it if they need it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ali Bun said:

Im sure someone already ask but, is there anyway to have the old UI just be optional?

No. The old UI is not gonna be supported anymore. (And even if it were, it would be an even bigger mess than before now that you can prototype lures, tackles and turfs.)

Honey poultice anyone??? I'm on console and it's nowhere to be found. Not in healing, everything tab or search bar... I'm at a loss.

As a long time player I understand the frustration of not being able to find stuff as easy as the old crafting UI but if you favorite everything in a way that makes sense to you, you no longer have to look thru tabs. Everything will be right there in favorites. Give it a chance, Lakhnish monster has a video all about it for PC players on YouTube. Check it out it may help!

14 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

Honey poultice anyone??? I'm on console and it's nowhere to be found. Not in healing, everything tab or search bar... I'm at a loss.

As a long time player I understand the frustration of not being able to find stuff as easy as the old crafting UI but if you favorite everything in a way that makes sense to you, you no longer have to look thru tabs. Everything will be right there in favorites. Give it a chance, Lakhnish monster has a video all about it for PC players on YouTube. Check it out it may help!

image.png.a3ae65445e00aed4a3dbee0774dbbe3c.png

I'm on PC, for what it's worth, but it's right here. Locked behind the Alchemy Engine.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 5:34 PM, ScottHansen said:

Other Changes

• Hound wave frequency has been reduced and Varglets will appear after the first year.

@ScottHansen
dunno but I'm getting kinda a lot of hounds in new games

- 2nd wave we got 10+ when playing total of 2 players... ?? (doesn't seem to be reduced to me)

- and on day 34 I got Varglets!

Probs something to revise more pls!! specially the Varglets on day 34 was a bit much

Dear Klei entertainment ever sense the webber rework came out I’ve noticed that one thing is missing and that thing is a small but noticeable sanity  drain when befriended spiders die it doesn’t even need to increase by the spider like being in range of befriended spiders dying drains not spider by spider and if that’s to much sanity loss then preferred he can gain sanity from decorated dens and you send yourself that the point of the reworks are to make the characters more like themselves so please make this change it would make a world of difference I your game and this community and thank you

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

dunno but I'm getting kinda a lot of hounds in new games

Hound wave frequency refers to how often Hound waves will occur, not how many hounds will appear in a wave. Also the change of hound wave frequency is mainly to make hound waves occur less in longer-running worlds, not newer worlds.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
  • Like 1